Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
I don't like that digital thing as well.
If I buy a game I want a box with cover disk and manual like the old times.
Digital my a$$

I'm fine with Steam games. Have plenty of those. It's jsut something about EA and Origin...

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#127 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
I mean look at that blue shirt yellow tie yellow vest combo, what is this, an elementary school color wheel lesson?

It's what the rich wear to their swanky parties.

I can't help but feel this pack needs more general party stuff. Balloons, banners, centerpieces, floral bouquets, wedding arches - the works. I mean, if you must do a party pack do a part pack.

*watches the S.S. Opportunity sail away*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#128 Old 14th May 2015 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
A simple table with a cloth and several sheet recolors was a choice that was so painfully obvious. They nailed the fountain however, and it would look cute on such a table.

It looks like there will indeed be a simple cloth-covered version of the table in the pack. It's the very last object pictured on this page.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's what the rich wear to their swanky parties.

Heh, no kidding. In fact, right opposite to me the local private school is setting up marquees for their annual soiree, and every year we like to gawk and laugh at the rich folk who attend because they have the most bizarre and hideous taste in "fashion" I have ever seen. I'll never forget the one dude who turned up wearing an orange and yellow suit... :p
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#129 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:42 AM
I very much prefer the version with the cloth. It's still a tad small, however - like it's meant to be in the center of room, no on the side where the out of the way things usually are so people can gather in the center.

Inventor
#130 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:06 AM
I hope there is more objects in this pack then they are showing cause 12 is way to small. Also one of the promotion pics has a bed in it and I don't think I've seen that bed before. Also I hope there is kids cas items. I hated when ea made a stuff pack and only made stuff for adults.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:08 AM
That's the bed from the base game. And children probably wont get anything. So far, children have only gotten content from the first GP.

Field Researcher
#132 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:13 AM
Hmm... the clothes are mostly terrible, but sadly not terrible enough to stray into awesomely tacky (I would kill for some Herb Tarlek suits, LOL). The makeup is awful. I do like the bling, the hair and the shoes though. The banquet tables and the fountain would be nice to have for weddings, and for some reason I'm actually throwing them in this game...

What's that object in the first picture? Is that another fountain? It looks like a bird bath or something.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:50 AM
There's a chocolate fountain and a drink fountain, is that what you mean?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:52 AM
That must be what it is, I guess. I maybe it just looks weird because it's not on with the chocolate flowing over it or something.
Alchemist
#135 Old 15th May 2015 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Bullshit, why is it Luxury Party Life? I'm sick of rich people getting special treatment. Where is my Lower-Middle Class Sweet 16 Garage Party Stuff or Rural Simissippi Yee-haw! Barn Raising Stuff Pack or Council House Heroin Hootenanny Stuff Pack. This is garbage. I'm gonna send another threatening hate tweet to Gwyneth Paltrow, I'm so mad rn.

*whispers -- about this Gwyneth thing -- let's egg her house! /end whisper*
Yes, carry on, nothing to see here.
Alchemist
#136 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:11 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#137 Old 15th May 2015 at 11:46 AM
The only other chair is an ottoman? Talk about luxury.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#138 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:03 PM
Those luxury people must be nouveau-riche, the way they are dressed and tuck in at the buffet table.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:12 PM
Oh derp, now that I've seen the new screenshots it looks like the birdbath looking thing is a third banquet table. I thought there were only the two with tablecloths on them. Apparently there's a third that doesn't have one.

And also, I agree with Don. I happen to live in an area with a lot of old money people around, and uh... they don't dress like this at all or eat that way at a cocktail party, LOL.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:42 PM
So far I like---one of the hairstyles. That's about it, really.
Test Subject
#141 Old 15th May 2015 at 3:08 PM
Well, the only things I would be eventually interested are those two fountains. The rest ... meh. I think I'll skip it.
Instructor
#142 Old 15th May 2015 at 3:33 PM
Surprised by the reasonable pricing, but the pack doesn't interest me much.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#143 Old 15th May 2015 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Harry01
Well, the only things I would be eventually interested are those two fountains. The rest ... meh. I think I'll skip it.

There's only one, but it has two functions: Food or Drink.

However, it'd be cute if it could actually work like a normal fountain with water.

Forum Resident
#144 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:25 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 19th May 2015 at 8:48 AM
$10 USD seems reasonable, but the profit to EA for the Origin only SP is similar to the profit they made for TS3 SPs. EA would receive about $10 for a $20 SP sold by Amazon or Game Stop or Best Buy. So it is a trade off. Will they sell more digital SPs at $10 than they would if they included boxed DVDs and sold them for $20? Does this price point push simmers reluctant to go digital, to download a SP from Origin? There is no other way to get it, and you know the saying, "once you DD you are set free". (Okay, I made that up.)

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
#146 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:29 AM Last edited by XtraSim : 21st May 2015 at 6:36 AM.
besides the fountain everything else is just a reskin and remodel

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Instructor
#147 Old 19th May 2015 at 5:56 PM
Official SP trailer:

https://youtu.be/r80FdQjTKIE
Mad Poster
#148 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:10 PM
Part of me wants to get this SP because it's such a good deal. But another part of me keeps going "....you're never gonna use ANY of that stuff. Definitely not those tacky-ass glitter clothes"

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#149 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:17 PM
Well, it's available now. Not sure when or if I'm getting it, though the trailer song was catchy. :P

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#150 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:36 PM
Because this look just screams "luxury party" and not "morning after rave mugshot". EA, you've nailed it again!

Page 6 of 141