Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 2:20 PM
CAS bug? Can't change eye color etc
Hi! Since I updated my game last week I've been getting a weird glitch in CAS. When I downlaod a sim from the gallery, I can't change the eye color on him or her. I can click the eye and select another shape but the color options won't show. They will however show up if I randomize the eye, but then I've ruined the face

Anyone experiencing this? Earlier today I also realised that when I downloaded a sim from the gallery, all the face details weren't available. This is so weird to me. Anyone else?
http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=a...f1493f5dd62.jpg
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 2:32 PM
Hi,

regarding the eyes: could be due to the downloaded sim having a non-default eyecolor you don't have in your game. If that happens, the game uses some sort of safety placeholder that looks like one of the default browns. (this is under the assumption that sims with CC can be uploaded to the gallery).
Randomizing the eyes is unfortunately the only fix I've found for this so far.

With regards to the face details: do you mean that default(!) game details like freckles /moles aren't on the downloaded sim anymore? Or that they don't appear in CAS at all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:53 PM
No, the freckles were still in there and the downloaded skin detail that the sim required, but all of my other downloaded skin details wouldn't show.

Normally: http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=9...8c372624304.jpg

Something went wrong: http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=4...07186228ef5.jpg
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:09 AM
Moving to Help. Please post in Help when something doesn't work. Thanks!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Moving to Help. Please post in Help when something doesn't work. Thanks!

Oh, I'm so sorry. Didn't realise there was a help section. Oops :p
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Mexican Radio : 16th Nov 2014 at 6:44 PM. Reason: spelling error
Default Eye Color Bugs
im having the same issue. here . i D/L a sim off gallery and i cannot change eye color . I have removed ALL mods and still it wont let me . help please
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 8:36 PM
Maybe the eye color is included in a specific makeup(eye liner, eye shadow..)

I need a cigarette
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
I have this problem all the time. It's caused by a custom eye color that was used to make the
sim but wasn't included in the gallery. You could ask the person who made the sim you downloaded
where to get the eye color cc from or just randomize the eyes until a non-cc eye color comes up.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
#9 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissChevus
I have this problem all the time. It's caused by a custom eye color that was used to make the
sim but wasn't included in the gallery. You could ask the person who made the sim you downloaded
where to get the eye color cc from or just randomize the eyes until a non-cc eye color comes up.

This is the problem with the Gallery, anything and everything is uploaded there by people who have no idea that they need to let people know what CC the sims are wearing and where it came from. It must be a nightmare downloading sims from there.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissChevus

I had this problem with the vanilla game with no CC at all. The only way i got the colors back was to randomize the eyes. Once i randomized them the color palette came back and it's been good since then. So it's not necessarily only linked to CC.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilDeadAsh
I had this problem with the vanilla game with no CC at all. The only way i got the colors back was to randomize the eyes. Once i randomized them the color palette came back and it's been good since then. So it's not necessarily only linked to CC.

Thank you so much, this works! I was looking for the solution everywhere! It also works if you make a new sim with genetics as a twin brother/sister and then you can choose the eyes without having to redo their face... Though you'll have to redo everything else :\