Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:48 PM
Default Missing files!
Help me please someone!!
My sims 4 wont start, when I try to play it the screen becomes white and I get a message that the game has frooze.

When I search for the game on my pc, the only folders I have are: Mods and saves.
There are some files there next to these: clientDB.package, config, GameVersion, Options and UserData.lock

I have tried to reinstall my game four times now and it wont work Someone please help me!
And yeah I know my english aint that good, I'm norwegian so sorry is something is not correct :P
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 6:37 PM
Do you have any mods or cc in the mods folder? Something could be conflicting with the game. (personally, sometimes I have a corrupted file that keeps the game from starting up, when I remove it, it starts up again like normal) That's all I can really think of without seeing it in person...

ps. your English is fine
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:02 PM
Move your mods to the desktop then try deleting your entire Sims 4 folder. Run the game so it generates a new My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 folder .Once you have generated a new Sims 4 folder in your My Documents/Electronic Arts folder use the 50/50 Method to test your CC-(you can find how to do that here its the same for all 4 Sims games along with Stories and Medieval).. Test your CC a bit at a time -- put a few files in - run the game- if the game won't start remove files 1 at a time until you hit the borked file .. then put the non-borked files back in your mods folder .. do this until you have gone through all your CC. Also make sure your CC has been updated for Toddlers, City Living, Kids Room and DineOut since non-updated CC can glitch your game. Finally, if you merge your CC-there are things you should never merge for Sims 3 or 4 - including your defaults and your hacks (custom foods, script mods etc) it makes it difficult to determine if you are having a mod conflict or if a hack needs updating for a patch.