Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#51 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:19 AM
I now exported the 0x90624C1B file, and tried to open it in s3pe, but simply got an error message 'Could not open package'.
'Hit unexpected end of file at 0'

I've included the imported files from my world, if they'd shed any light to this. The 906 is the one I edited in the world file.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ImportedFiles.rar (695 Bytes, 30 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#52 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:59 AM
Try the file I attached to this post, Arisuka. It works in my world, but your water level is tiny- so it's wasy to miss!

It's that little blue line, is it meant to be that small? Little stream, perhaps?

I ticked the 'force one tile' box in Zaide_Chris' tool.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Ari Water Levels.zip (643 Bytes, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#53 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:24 AM
The 'force one tile' seemed to do the trick! Now I can see the water in my world! Now... gotta set them cords right so that I have a lake instead of a watery stripe.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:27 AM
Hooray!

I noticed that sometimes very narrow strips need to be forced to one tile, but you might find that you don't need that if you make it wider.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#55 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:52 AM
OH OH RIIIGHT, it's as the white line - but mirrored! NOW I got me a lake!! I'll do some landscaping and add a stream and post some pics!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#56 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:57 AM
Flip them around, so that you have the smallest coordinates first. So you're really describing the other two corners to the ones you have marked x1, x2 in your image.

So,
x1 1491.41931
z1 240.9882
x2 1647.04126
z2 399.825256

y 83.3251

Zaide_Chris' tool also rounds the figures down, so you can do that yourself (or round up) to save inputting all of those decimal places if you like! So x1 1491, z1 240 etc.

ETA- Well done, you got it! I was too slow typing!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 2:53 PM
Hi! This tutorial is extremely useful. Thank you very much zaide_chris, SandrineD and simsample for tools and explanation. So far it caused no issues for me. (Knocks on wood). I've sucessfully imported 5 waterplanes to one world.
However, opacity options still don't work in Zaide's Tool in Firefox and it's a pity. Any chance you want to fix that someday?

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#58 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:46 PM
I'm glad it worked for you, Miuki! Sandrine and Zaide_Chris' toold work brilliantly.

I hope Chris will fix the tool to work in Firefox too, I have been using Chrome to make it work. A standalone version would be even better!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 2:59 AM
The bug in Firefox and IE is now fixed.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:10 PM
simsample Definetly!
zaide_chris Hooray! Thank you very much for not abandoning humble Firefox users. I've downloaded Chrome just to get your tool to work fully.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#61 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:43 PM
Thanks for that, zaide_chris- it's good to know you're still supporting this!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#62 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:57 AM
The link to the waterplane generator tool by Chris gives a php error.

Quote:
Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/zaidesthings.com/projects/thesimsthree/waterplane.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Error Message

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/www/zaidesthings.com/projects/thesimsthree/waterplane.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Is the whole tool down, or is there an alternate route to get to it?

I tried on Opera, Firefox and google chrome.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#63 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 7:13 PM
I'm getting it too, I hope it will be back again soon!

I'll PM Zaide_Chris.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#64 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 7:35 PM
Ok, cool Simsample, thanks.

I was just about to start making a stream for the West world when I noticed this. Oh well, I'll just have to play more Jericho while waiting
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#65 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 9:42 PM
Whilst I'm quite happy for you to play MORE KIMI RAIKKONEN in Jericho, you could always download Sandrine's tool instead to try it. Similar to Chris' but it is a stand alone program.

Newest version in this post:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...56&postcount=25

Be sure to use INTEGERS (whole numbers) for the co-ordinates; so use 1234 instead of 1233.999998 (although I notice Sandrine mentions she floored the inputs, I haven't tested it recently).

Edited to add: I notice that someone asked about changing the water direction in a previous post; I managed to do this with Jericho!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 9:21 AM Last edited by zaide_chris : 2nd Jan 2012 at 9:44 AM.
I'm so sorry they (the webhost) says i used too much cpu power so i need to upgrade to a non free host. I will get the page up else where soon and then i'm going to start on a java version.

Edit: Any one know of a good cheap web host with mysql and php that runs less then 2-4$ a month?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#67 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 9:37 AM
aww, well good to know you're still keeping it up. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:06 PM
Okay, I have the tool up again for temporary use at http://zaidesthings.netai.net/
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#69 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:26 PM
Thank you! Will look in to it tomorrow
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 7:38 PM
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#71 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:12 PM Last edited by armiel : 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:24 PM.
OK, I have no idea if this is related, but after importing a new waterplane made with the tool in new location, I can't open my world anymore.

I attached my waterplanes and the resource file, the instance 1 is the new one I made, the other two files work.

When I try to load my world with all 3 files included, caw says it's unable to load the world cause it was trying to divide it with a 0. Sorry I don't have an exact error since all my stuff is in finnish.

If I just made a mistake with the values, that's good, but i thought to post this incase the tool got broken somehow.

Thank you for all your hard work with this Chris!

Edit
A warning to any person who downloads the files below to snoop around them - they may break the world to a state it's not repairable anymore. Handle with caution and do not import to a world you care for (happened to me, hoping it doesn't happen to you) I was stupid not to back up first so breaking my world was my fault only, and while I could resurrect my world from an older back up, I lost a lot of work done.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  waterplane.rar (2.9 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:29 PM
armiel: I'll look in to it more but with a quick look at the files they seem fine, sorry for the work you lost.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#73 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:32 PM Last edited by armiel : 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:45 PM.
to me they look fine too, so like I said I don't know if it has anything to do with the tool. Thanks for looking into it.

ETA
I imported the files to an egypt world i had, apparently they work all though i can't see them anywhere since the world is sculpted differently. But i can see something worked cause water opacity changed. So it's just the one world that got borked...?

ETA2
I imported them to the earliest version of the world that got borked, and got the same error on load up. also, this is how the world looks like after it errors (pic attached). I can't move around or anything, it just looks like that.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:26 AM
Hi there,
When I tried yesterday I had the unable to divide by 0 error too.
I used Ari water levels from post #52 to see if it was my game but they came out fine.
I had used IE9 with Chris's tool then Firefox and still got the error.
I next moved to try it with Sandrine's tool and (after sorting a hex editor thing) it all loaded up fine.... well I didn't get the divide by 0 error.

What I did fine was that with my 16 water planes... [16 planes to make up my river system flowing down a hill side]... I couldn't get the last on to show up (the 'F' plane - or last file) unless I set the 0x90624C1B file to a byte of 10 (I presume it should be '0F' for my 16 planes).

And another annoying thing is that saving and reloading doesn't seem to be changing the opacity and deleting the overhang.... but I can live with that, because at least the world has its water planes now.
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 12:02 AM
Hi, everyone!
I'm having trouble getting the water plains to show up, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. I was hoping someone here could help? (:

It seems like I've tried about two dozen+ different coordinates, including some I saw posted by zaide_chris on the first page. I've used a Y coordinate that is be higher than all of the land I have in my world (but still within the height limits) so that the middle of the plain definitely isn't under ground. The X and Z coordinates I was using are also within the limits of the map (it's the largest, if it matters). Still, none of them are showing up!
Then, I downloaded and used the file Pistachio attached to her post (for the 707CA200_blabla file only), and, HALLELUJAH, it worked. However, they're not the right coordinates for me, so I can't actually use it.
But anyway, that makes me assume that it's not a problem with the 90624C1B_blabla file, but with the 707 one. Right...? (As you can see, I'm clueless.)

I've attached the files I tried using last, which of course didn't work, otherwise I probably wouldn't be posting here. (:
Am I just typing in bad coordinates? What am I doing wrong?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  plains.zip (1.7 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
Page 3 of 6