Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:50 AM Last edited by gazania : 29th Jan 2017 at 6:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default A stubborn fridge ... can't make fresh meals
My Sims have been happily making meals in their second house until just now. While they can make food using the stove (so far), all I can get out of the fridge are options such as "open", "get leftovers" and "get quick meal". Replacing the fridge doesn't help, and there is nothing blocking it. Fortunately, this seems confined to one house.

I'm guessing that the game is stuck somehow on this one fridge. Maybe it thinks a Sim is still using it? But what can I do to get the fridge back to normal again?

EDIT ... I tried some more things:

1. Deleted cache files.
2. Put a second fridge in the house (same problem)
3. Deleted EVERYTHING in that area, including floor tiles
4. Sold the property, then rebought it.
5. Moved the fridge, in case something was blocking it that I didn't see
6. Reset the lot (I guess since it's a second house, the fridge didn't show up in the Nraas Reset Household list?)
7. Replaced the custom counters in the room with Maxis ones. (It occurred to me that the Sim prepared the stuff on counters, and perhaps the custom counters ... nope. Almost a good idea, though.)
8. Uninstalled the custom counters

There may be something obvious I missed ... maybe something with Nraas ... but I can't figure out why a fridge that was working fine suddenly doesn't. I should also add that I did not download any recent CC between the time the fridge was working fine and the time it did not. If this affected ALL fridges, I could understand. It could be a CC issue. But why just one? And why would it switch in-game? My Sim invited people over and went on dates ... that was about it.

I don't know if it's relevant, but this was my first attempt at a user-made lot. The fridge itself is not CC.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 7:32 AM
Only this one fridge is affected? You can still choose to make meals from a second fridge?

Is this affected fridge a in-game one or CC? The reason for asking is because IIRC the small fridge that comes with UL only allows for quick meals and not the preparation of fresh meals and if it is a CC fridge cloned from that, it could have the same restrictions.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:45 AM
When you say sold and re-purchased property, do you mean from edit town or in game? Many things can be fixed by:
go to edit town
move family to clipboard
save house to bin
delete house
replace house with bin copy

Hope it works.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:47 AM Last edited by gazania : 30th Jan 2017 at 5:14 AM.
I just gave up. I even bulldozed the house and put in a new one, thinking I messed up somehow. The same thing happened.

When I exited without saving, put in the new house, and moved in a new Sim (not a second house), the fridge behaved just fine. I think I'll just avoid buying a second house from now on. Maybe it's a mod that I downloaded, or maybe it's in the game mechanics themselves. I don't really know.

Thanks for everyone's assistance!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.