Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 10:11 PM
She said that if you want to, you can change clothes too, only SHE didn't do it. Try to read carefully and avoid dumb questions.
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#77 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 11:24 PM
Yeah. Just don't use the maid's clothing when creating the archetype in game.
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 6:19 PM
i tried it yesterday on the maids, haven't seen the result yet, but now i wanted to change my nanny's but when i do the neighbourhood browser and select pleasantview SimPE freezes! i let it on all night and it was still frozen. i tried reinstalling but same happens...
can anyone help?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#79 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 8:30 PM
Ask about SimPE on their site: http://sims.ambertation.de/.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 5:17 PM
Woot! The updated version of SimPE fixed the custom neighborhood problem! Woot! Now I can begin messing with my little simmies >:D

Dance little star! Dance!
Check out my uber cool site!!! http://xentariorpg.bravehost.com/
Not a sims 2 site ;)
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 10:52 AM
Not sure if just posted from someone,

I noticed (and succesfull tried it) that following this great tutorial, I can also easily change the skintones of my own playable sims, without loosing any of their characteristics.
Very useful I think,

Ice
Test Subject
#82 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 10:54 AM
Default Question on packaged sims's filenames.
If someone can help me,

every sim "packed" using bodyshop esporter or downloaded, has of course many files included if all was done correctly.
The "main" sim file is always named by a sequence of numbers and/or chars.
For my own purpose, I would really interested on change this filename with my own easily recognizable name ( for example: SIM_Rebecca.package ) because I have listed and renamed all files into my download folders in a manner I can easily find them (so I said: DOOR_"Nameofdoor"_"Author"_"Version".package and so on).
Weel, my question is: Can I change the sim file's name without loosing something and/or have unespected collateral effects?

Thanks in advance,
Ice
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#83 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 9:26 PM
IcemanTO, the package's name is meaningless in respect to its contents. Everything is refferenced by their unique identifiers, not their names (except in the case of some things INSIDE of the package, but the package's name doesn't matter).
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 3:25 PM
many thanks, jaxad

ice
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 12:25 AM
Default University students question
Okay, thanks to a back injury I've been stuck at home rather than working so I've had some time to play around with SimPE the past couple of weeks. In the regular non-college neighborhood everything works great and goes off without a hitch. However when I try to change the students I get a warning that the student files are write protected, went in and tried to remove the write-protection but I'm just not that great with PC's any thoughts on the matter? Thanks in advance...

Mynxie
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#86 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 3:04 AM
Navigate to the characters folder of the neighborhood, then select ALL the files. Open their collective properties and click and click again the box for read-only. It should be completely empty. Then click ok.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 2:03 PM
Wooters! Thanks Jax! College town is now filled with cute college sims ready to be pick-up or shot down by my simmies, and of course proffesors fit to drool over rather than paying attention to the courses...
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:24 PM
no more ugly people in my world. no more ugly people
yeah. and now i am so happy. this is just the first time i have used SimPE the directions were perfect. now only if the directions were so clear for creating custom stuff. there is so much info for my attention problem i miss parts because i trail off. but this is perfect. YEAH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Test Subject
#89 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 5:06 PM
Wow -- great tutorial. Very liberating not to have to put up with those ugly NPCs anymore. Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:36 AM
I wondered if I could make a better maid. I shall try it sometime tomrow. Gracias!

Rascal Flatts *heart*
Test Subject
#91 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 2:45 PM
I actually like the Maxis made sims, everyone keeps saying that they'll no longer have ugly sims but I think that it adds something to my game to have different types of sims. Afterall the world isnt only made up of 'beautiful' people.
Oh well, I'm still going to try this tutorial cuz I want to make a medieval village and it would be very beneficial if I could change their clothing and such. Is it possible to keep the same NPC's but just change their clothing? Or will I have to go thru the whole makeover process?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#92 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 5:18 PM
This thread is more about full-body, genetic changes. To just change their clothing, try this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057. You'll still need to do something about reversion.
Inventor
#93 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 3:24 PM
I so want to make a whole town of sim elves - thank you so much.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 3:01 PM
Thank you! My sim maids & all the other ones are finally pretty! Just one question, do you think this will work with the Alien as well?
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 4:46 PM
Since I installed Nightlife, each time I use the sim surgery the game runs fine, until at some point (perhaps not even in the 1ยบ run after the edit) the game casually crashes and the neighbourhood is lost. It has happened a short time after each time I tried, and it does not happen when I keep away from it.

Well, let's try other ways. I know that if I kill a townie, a new one just gets created, so it's pointless. But, on the other hand, I know some ways around to take a user created sim and turn him into a townie. What would happen if a kill a regular townie after doing so? Will it create a new one anyway, or would the number of townies (wich, unlike the first case, would not fall under the number of townies created in the first place, and that the game seems to try to keep) prevent the system from doing so?

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#96 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 8:13 PM
WhizzKid1234, the polination tech is a bit more complicated. He's just a set of genes.

Thanos, yes, that should work fine. The game won't create new townies unless the pool is to small.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 7:38 AM
Thanx Grapholina but there is another way to fix people faces from inside the game(when u r playing)
but u should have (the mind control mirror) and the award from the show bussness Career .
So when an Ugly sim visits u Just control him to us the (cozmetic device) and make him a good looking sim :P
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#98 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 6:43 PM
Maximum_spider, that wont affect their genes. To change their genes, you need to use simpe.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 6:47 AM
OK I C That but 4 me I don't care for those people genes cuz I don't play with them and I don't make any relationships with them , I just fix their faces 2 look better :D
Test Subject
#100 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 12:20 PM
Wot is SimPE and how do u get it?
Page 4 of 9