Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:56 PM
Default A bright SweetFX preset for Sims 4.
I just wanted to share this, 'cause I think some people would get some use out of it.

It's very saturated and bright and I know some people have problems with TS4 being too much already, so if that's not your thing feel free to skip over it. I personally like super saturated graphics, so I made this for my own game.

It's meant to be used with ReShade. You may have to do some fiddling to get it to work, check the DirectX version of the game if you can't get it to auto-install.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ibcuo7k...S1_oDDbkfa?dl=0

You should make your own anti-aliasing and sharpening settings because I know people like the overly sharp look, but personally I hate jagged corners so I don't use it.

Also, you will need to use TAB + a screencapture software like FRAPs, because the game's camera doesn't record the effects.

Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:41 PM
Why are sims orange?
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:51 PM
Why are there no such things for The Sims 2?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystalline~
Why are sims orange?

Because they use the orange-ish CAS skintone. Most of my sims inherited it so it may look like it, but not all sims are "orange" with this preset; other skintones will look different especially modded ones that are more "pale" than the ones shipped with the game.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Why are there no such things for The Sims 2?

SweetFX works with just about any 32-bit program. Technically this preset was made for Sim 4 but you could also use it with Sims 2 if you chose to.

I don't use SweetFX because it has a heavy impact on the frame rate.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
SweetFX works with just about any 32-bit program. Technically this preset was made for Sim 4 but you could also use it with Sims 2 if you chose to.

This is correct, all ReShade does is autodetect and setup the proper files so it'll work at all. I think Sims 2 uses DirectX 9 so it'd be a peach.

Settings wise, though, you'll have to tweak settings at least a little because the base product is different.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:22 PM
don't like orange sim
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:27 PM
I honestly don't remember seeing an orange-ish skintone in my game? If I had any oompa loompa complected townies, I'm sure I would have noticed.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I honestly don't remember seeing an orange-ish skintone in my game? If I had any oompa loompa complected townies, I'm sure I would have noticed.

You are wrong. Not only that, you're being rude.

Now get the fuck off my thread.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:54 PM
Why are sims orange?

It's the next Stuff Pack. The Sims 4: Jersey Shore!

Quote: Originally posted by KCrowns

...how was any of what he said considered rude?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:58 PM
I don't think they are "orange" looking, but really tan. IDK. Reminds me of the vintage 60s and 70s feel.
Theorist
#12 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:27 PM

Huh? I don't think I was being rude at all.
And none of my skintones look anywhere near that orange.

Now who's being rude? WTF is wrong with you?

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:07 AM
can't take criticism don't post
Theorist
#14 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:29 AM
Everyone calm down. Have you not taken into consideration someone's monitor could be set up differently to yours? Obviously from the screenshots the skin tone looks orange on her PC and since people usually only play the game on one PC she probably didn't realize other people have different colour settings. Not everyone's eyes adjust to colour the same way. and unlike the people thinking "the dress is white and gold", there's no wrong answer to this one because the sim only exists on the computer and not physically. the colour properties are dependent on your settings, and hers are clearly different. That being said, The response to the comments may have been a bit snappy, since i'm sure they weren't meant maliciously but I think it's not worth anyone getting this upset over.
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:30 AM
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:33 AM

My sentiments exactly. I haven't seen a thread derail this fast since the last time I was on the official forum *rimshot*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
can't take criticism don't post

It's not about not taking criticism. I can handle criticism. What you all were giving was not criticism.

No comments on how it can be fixed, no comments on what parts of the preset are strong and what aren't. Just complaining about the orange, and suggesting underhandedly that I am lying about what's in the game and what isn't.

I am not obligated to be nice to people who repeat comments over and over and act like trolls when I get pissed off and snap because they're being repetitive and annoying.

I didn't come to MTS to spar with a bunch of clique groupies, I came here to share and possibly improve my shit. Don't like my preset? Suggest something or keep it to yourself.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:08 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 6th Mar 2015 at 5:20 AM.
....Nobody was really criticizing your preset or you though....unless "orange" is an insult now :/

Gnat made a comment that wasn't directed at anyone or meant to insult anything, you lashed out because you somehow interpreted that as being rude, and now that everyone's confused about what you got so up in arms about, you fly off the handle again and call us "a bunch of clique groupies". I'm not saying we've never had a clique problem on this forum before but...this definitely isn't one of those times
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
....Nobody was really criticizing your preset or you though....

Gnat made a comment that wasn't directed at anyone or meant to insult anything, you lashed out because you somehow interpreted that as being rude, and now that everyone's confused about what you got so up in arms about, you fly off the handle again and call us "a bunch of clique groupies". I'm not saying we've never had a clique problem on this forum before but...this definitely isn't one of those times

So I'm supposed to feel sorry for you now, because I called you a name?

You know what, I like this preset. I shared it to be nice. Instead, I got berated by comments going "I don't like the orange, the orange is gross, orange orange orange", none of which talking about anything that might improve the preset or what they liked about it.

And yes, you know what, you were rude. You were all very, very rude. I have a tendency to get very angry when I lose my patience, but I do not do so unprovoked. I held my breath for a while and then I commented on it when you continued. And you know what the response was?

was the response.

There is no indication there that any of you were trying to figure out why I was so mad. At all. So forgive me if I don't believe you.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:29 AM
So I'm supposed to feel sorry for you now, because I called you a name?

...at what point did I suggest you should feel sorry for anyone? I was just tryin to tell you what happened :/

Quote:
You know what, I like this preset. I shared it to be nice. Instead, I got berated by comments going "I don't like the orange, the orange is gross, orange orange orange", none of which talking about anything that might improve the preset or what they liked about it.

.....one person said they didn't like the orange. Every other comment about it was either an orange joke or wondering why the sims were orange.

Quote:

And yes, you know what, you were rude. You were all very, very rude. I have a tendency to get very angry when I lose my patience, but I do not do so unprovoked. I held my breath for a while and then I commented on it when you continued. And you know what the response was?

was the response.

There is no indication there that any of you were trying to figure out why I was so mad. At all. So forgive me if I don't believe you

You're forgiven, I just still don't see why orange sims was such a huge trigger for you. Are you allergic to orange juice? Were you mugged by a traffic cone? Did an Oompah Loompah threaten your family? So people said the preset made the sims look orange (and not even in an insulting way)? What about that was worth starting shit over? You're being defensive in a situation where there's nothing to be defended. That's not a problem with the forum or the people in it, that's just needing to figure out when people are insulting you and when they're just making an observation. The comment that started all this sure as hell wasn't an insult.
Sockpuppet
#21 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:34 AM
.Did an Oompah Loompah threaten your family?

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:08 AM
A rule of the Internet is to be sweet to everyone always because half the people we deal with in real life are of the worst flavor. Flavors like mud mud pie or urinal cake cake. However, honest criticism or innocent comment/statement/opinion don't usually fall under the non-sweet category.

Of course, there are people who do the opposite of being nice and those are the people we call "lonely folk." They only want hugs, but they don't know how to ask for them. :C
Sockpuppet
#23 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil_Puddin
A rule of the Internet is to be sweet to everyone always because half the people we deal with in real life are of the worst flavor. Flavors like mud mud pie or urinal cake cake. However, honest criticism or innocent comment/statement/opinion don't usually fall under the non-sweet category.

Of course, there are people who do the opposite of being nice and those are the people we call "lonely folk." They only want hugs, but they don't know how to ask for them. :C

So kawaii.
Scholar
#25 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:14 AM
The comment that started all this sure as hell wasn't an insult.

that my fault
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: derailed beyond redemption