Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
*egads my typos up there are terrible*

Well, I'm sure if I had any dead English teachers (I don't, thankfully), they'd be rolling over in their graves at how many parentheticals I feel it necessary to use, so I'm hardly in a position to judge!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:10 AM
Well, I took the opportunity to update the house in which all this was happening today, so today's efforts weren't a total loss.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:03 PM
What is the quarter tile cheat? I never heard of it before.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:39 PM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims...26_Garden_Stuff

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:27 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 6th Mar 2015 at 4:47 PM.
What confused me, up until yesterday, is that in order to place 1/4-tile floor coverings, a player simply presses the Ctrl-F keys. There is no need to actually activate the setQuarterTilePlacement [on | off] cheat to do this, at least not if you have all the EPs.

Until yesterday I thought that particular cheat code was just something that applied to earlier releases of the game, which was made simpler in later versions by just pressing Ctrl-F. I never knew that the cheat code actually lets you place objects (as opposed to just floor tiles) in 1/4-tile increments.
They are kind of almost two separate functions.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:30 PM
Well, now it's my turn to be confused.... 1/4 tile floor coverings? Can you explain? I'm not sure I've ever seen that... but if it's what I'm thinking it is, it'd be immeasurably helpful!

Scholar
#32 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:34 PM
If you select a floor tile and wait for the catalog description, it gives you the tool-tip to use ctrl+f
it's always been there

it gives you floor coverings without having to build a 1x0.5 room, like in TS1

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:43 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 6th Mar 2015 at 7:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, now it's my turn to be confused.... 1/4 tile floor coverings? Can you explain? I'm not sure I've ever seen that... but if it's what I'm thinking it is, it'd be immeasurably helpful!

It might be dependent on having a certain EP, like M&G, but if you select a floor covering and press Ctrl-F, you will see this:

which lets you easily do diagonals, like this:

among other things. Well, maybe just that.
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:45 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 6th Mar 2015 at 5:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
If you select a floor tile and wait for the catalog description, it gives you the tool-tip to use ctrl+f
it's always been there

I don't see this. It doesn't say anything about Ctrl-F.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:11 PM
Well, whether the tip shows up in the catalog or not, I'll have to test this out next time I fire up my game! Could save me so much time building all the unnecessary walls that creative flooring usually requires!

Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, whether the tip shows up in the catalog or not, I'll have to test this out next time I fire up my game! Could save me so much time building all the unnecessary walls that creative flooring usually requires!

Not to mention your typically gilded ceilings.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
What confused me, up until yesterday, is that in order to place 1/4-tile floor coverings, a player simply presses the Ctrl-F keys. There is no need to actually activate the setQuarterTilePlacement [on | off] cheat to do this, at least not if you have all the EPs.

... And here I was, building up temporary diagonal walls just to have diagonal floorings...

ETA: Ha! At least I'm not alone! I hadn't seen your post, Zarathustra! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:32 PM
Zarathustra I thought I showed you the CTRL F trick the other day and you said you already knew about it. I showed a picture of the kids section at my library.
Perhaps the 1/4 tile placement cheat for objects is being confused with the 1/4 tile floor placement. I've only known about the floor trick for the last 18 months or so, before that I would use half wall.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#39 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:38 PM
Zarathustra I thought I showed you the CTRL F trick the other day and you said you already knew about it. I showed a picture of the kids section at my library.

Doesn't ring a bell, although it could be that I just didn't see that post, or thought you were talking about using CTRL+F to switch the 1/4-tile object placement on and off. Definitely works great for a "visually stimulating" little kids floor there, and I can think of all sorts of things that it'd be good for, now that I know it's so convenient!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:46 PM
I expect to see some very imaginative floors from you now.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#41 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:57 PM
I expect to see some very imaginative floors from you now.

Well, the parquet floors in any ballrooms I design will certainly have a lot more flair!

Page 2 of 2