Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:30 AM Last edited by Alpal425 : 6th Mar 2015 at 6:45 AM.
Default How to safely uninstall Sims 2 UC?
I just want to make sure I do it correctly and safely... I'm getting a new laptop very soon (like, end of next month), so I still need to know how to uninstall it properly from this family computer, because sometimes, programs like to leave little bits behind..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:57 AM
Wait until you have your new laptop - install Origin on your new one and download UC from Origin on your new laptop first - then uninstall it the normal way on the family pc, by going to programs and features in your control panel. You might want to uninstall Origin from it as well, if nobody else uses it. (Upgraded very recently myself).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:37 AM
Uninstalling through Origin is the best option indeed, as that'll prevent problems with the DRM, if there is any. You don't need to wait until you have your new laptop if you don't want to, though; just remember to back up My Docs/EA Games before uninstalling, because Origin will delete your sims user data when you uninstall.

You might also want to uninstall Origin through the control panel if no-one else uses that computer to play Origin games.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.