Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:46 AM
Default Using the Clean Installer on a Windows Computer for a Lot Packaged on Mac??
Unfortunately since the Sims 2 Clean Installer is not available on Mac I am having issues uploading a lot to MTS In the guidelines for uploading lots from the Sims 2 to MTS I read that one possible solution is to have a friend who can use the Clean Installer to scan the lot for me. I do also have a PC therefore I can use the Clean Installer on that computer, but I wanted to know how/if it is possible to transfer the packaged lot file from my Mac to my PC, scan it, then upload it to MTS. Any help is appreciated! :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:36 AM
Once it's a Sims2Pack file, it's equally readable on Mac or PC as long as you have the right software - such as CleanInstaller. Macs have USB ports, right? Copy or move the file to a thumb drive, carry it over to the PC, stick it in the slot, and copy or move it from the drive to the PC.

Alternatively, if they both have internet access, you can upload the Sims2Pack to some handy free place - dropbox, for example - or e-mail it to yourself from the Mac and collect it at the PC.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:48 PM
That sounds a lot more simple than I thought it would be haha. Thanks so much!