Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No Intro for Sims 2 UC?
I tried following the instructions in the following TS2 No Intro Article, but that is dated and not for the Ultimate Collection. I was wondering what the new directory would be to delete both the EA (Whisper) and Sims 2 (Dance Ad) intros and go straight to the loading menu?

Article in question: http://modthesims.info/article.php?t=92314
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
Have you tried searching for ealogo_audio, and intro_eng_movie on your computer? You would know where to delete them from.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:53 PM
There are a few of them in UC because several EPs updated them, but they're all in the same place within the EP folders (TsData/Res/Movies). So, Rosebine's suggestion is a good one - just head into Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, search for those file names and delete all of them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 11:15 PM
Okay I will do that! I made the thread because there were different ones in the different EPs and I wasn't sure which one(s) to delete! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 11:58 PM
For anyone reading this thread wondering if it worked:

It did, but there is a slight pause with a black screen before it loads the start menu! Don't fear! Everything loads up just fine and nothing is corrupted, etc.! If you are only able to find the 'ealogo_audio' files and not the other 'intro' files that is fine - deleting the '_audio' ones will delete both the intros. And please be aware that there are quite a lot of the audio files.

(P.S. Go to the Program Files (x86) folder and search for 'ealogo_audio' and all of them will pop up. Happy Simming!)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:20 AM
Yes! It does pause a bit, and yes, this is totally normal. I do not use UC, I am on discs..but i remember having one ealogo_audio for each EP and SP I had, so..all of them.
When i installed The Sims 2 on my daughter's new laptop I asked her about it..and she insisted on keeping the intro movie, she said it reminds her how she used to love it when she was small...
ahah! It's all a matter of taste

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:28 AM
I just click the mouse button every time ....
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:35 AM
Oh I used to do this as well. It takes a second right?
But I guess..since I had found the files, i got curious and tried, and it did work. lol Also i guess, for people who have tones of CC, and are already forced to wait long before their game starts..having an intro on top of it all might become a tad annoying.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:43 AM
Talking of intro screens and all, my current favourite thing is this:

http://greatcheesecakepersona.tumbl...adingrandomizer

Makes such a change to the start up to the game. I've been making new screens and everything.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:04 PM
@maxon brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

----
Sims 2 CC and Ramble Blog:
https://tictachoe.wordpress.com/