Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:37 AM
Default How adult should sims 4 be?
It seems to be a trend that with each game, censorship grows more extreme to make it all more kid friendly.

Really hoping they will come back from that with sims 4 since its getting weird.

Sims1 had alcohol, pie dancers and sims that would comment on the sex they just had when getting out of bed afterwards.

Sim2 didnt have alcohol anymore, but still had a poker table and many locations for sims to have sex. Pretty sure they also get the want for sex a lot more in sims2.

In sims3, women simply look weird in bathing suits and there simply arent any low cut tops or such anymore. Then again its quite hard to make a woman look attractive in sims3. Possible, but much harder.
And instead of having wine, nectar is introduced. just call it wine and let sims get drunk!

Just hoping they will dare to do more with sims4 instead of worrying too much about children who arent allowed to play the game even due to the age rating of 12+
That and americans really are too prude at times.

I'd want to see gambling and drinking return in sims4, these are also social problems that could be adressed in the game to show the bad effects from it.
An overweight gambling addicted sim living in a small shack would be a real challenge to get to the top.

Sims could even go to town hall to attend support groups for addictions.
Gambling, Drinking, rage and sex addictions seem to make sense for the sims. Sex addiction might seem odd, but seeing how sims can make it their lifetime wish to have sex with 20 sims, or with 5 sims in 5 different places and such, some sims might need help.
Friends could even have interventions for sims.

Drunk sims could stumble around a bit, acting all silly but might vomit, pass out and do things they wouldnt normally do. They could be likely to upset other sims with their behaviour. Using cars could be disabled for drunk sims.

Gambling addicted sims could make wagers with other sims about all kinds of stuff. Like wether they will get a promotion that day, beating the other sim in a game, feeling the need to play poker, etc. They could be prone to losing their money quite fast this way. Or with luck get rich, but there would always be a risk.

Rage issues are also something that could be used. Would be for mean spirited sims and such. If a sim has publicly beaten up another sim they could be forced by the police to go to a support group.
Sims with rage issues could often be yelling at other sims angrily during all kinds of activities. When they lose a game, when a car in front of them doesnt move fast enough, etc.

Sex addiction, or woohoo addiction as it would be called in the game, could also cause concerns.
Friends of sims that woohoo a lot with anyone they meet might be concerned. They might prefer to see their friend with a steady partner instead.

Aside from all this, I'd like to see some other things too.

-Murder.
Sims being capable of murdering other sims should be possible. Investigations could follow. Poison would be a good way for sim murder. It shouldnt be too visual.

-Theft.
There are burglars, but maybe it could be possible to see carjackings, muggers and such too. The size of the police force could affect the crime rate. Not many cops means more crime, lots of cops means no crime.
Could be a good motivation for a sim to become a cop after they get mugged.

Optionally, they could put all such things in a single expansion.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:48 PM
I would love to see Sims do more thing's that could help build a story. Gambling could be another way of making money,getting drunk Sims would make parties better,addiction's and intervention would be okay,
murder I don't know, and Theft happen a little bit already cause in Late night you get robbed in the subway stations. I do like the idea of Sims 4 being interactive to a point its a second life so it not boring watching your Sims Interaction's.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:59 PM
I'd be fine with a separate adult EP or SP, or some Store content to add more adult stuff but... Despite being a grown-ass woman who has a pretty relaxed attitude toward "adult" stuff, I don't want that stuff in my sims game. I want to be able to play with my kids in the room. I want to be able to smile at the cute animations and for the tragedies to be ones of absurdity (getting stuck in the bathroom and dying because you couldn't get past your roommate, who really needed to shower and brush his teeth and wouldn't move), not horrible real-life stuff.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st May 2013 at 1:11 PM
It won't be adult because that would then leave out the players under 18, and EA wants to reach the largest possible audience, to make the largest amount of money they can. They know moderes make adult things, so why would they? Also I like my sims to be somewhat silly and whimsical, I don't want real life drama to just happen as my children like to watch me play as well. I just gave my 11 1/2 year old base game of sims 2. I'm glad there isn't anything more mature then what it contains.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 31st May 2013 at 1:38 PM
^^Agree.EA try to make much more money as a possible,so they will make that sims 4 will be accessible almost to all age groups.
And I'm sure that we don't get very much adult content and interactions in ts4......
Well, it would be nice if they will do adult themed ep in the future,cuz all sims players audience is not made up only from kids and teens.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st May 2013 at 1:51 PM
I just want more realistic social and romantic interactions. Its not like Im asking for options to choose doggy-style or missionary, with someone getting creamed at the end; but last time I checked people don't look like their rustling under sheets during a woohoo *with hearts added to make it look romantic* I would like more mature rating to spice things up, but that aint gonna happen. EA could at least allow TS4 to be more accessible in terms of custom animations etc, because the community will eventually add those adult things in.
Instructor
#7 Old 31st May 2013 at 5:47 PM
I suppose my concern is that if they don't add any "adult" themes, we will still be limited to the exact same, fairly dull, bland, juvenile content that we have now.

The game will never evolve in any interesting or exciting ways because it will continue to be as inoffensive as possible.

I understand that it's supposed to be light-hearted because that's part of its appeal, but I still believe that if it's going to continue to grow as a franchise and not become stale, The Sims needs to start taking a few risks.

I'm not saying it needs to be full of guns and prostitutes, but it could at least attempt to deal with more mature themes like jealousy, addictions, depression, betrayal, remorse, etc.

Although, ideally, I would like to see EA make a completely new Sims spin-off game intended for an adult audience.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st May 2013 at 6:00 PM
I'm pretty much just proposing that they put back the things they took out. alcohol and gambling where in previous games.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 3:58 PM
I just want them to at least touch on the higher end of the teen rating. -shrug- Keep it rated T, but include whatever they can to bump it up to almost the edge of that rating. But add it in a humorous way, of course. It IS Sims.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 4:25 PM
EA wont risk it going over a Teen rating, so it cant contain real sex type names. Woohoo must stay woohoo, and must be censored.
Additionally, ESRB has a policy with certain things. They will refuse to rate a game with illegal content. So meaning, if EA allowed adults to woohoo or have relationships with teens in TS4, it would be banned. Best people can hope with these type of things, is mods.

However, names such as beer and things should be fine. I will never understand why TS3 University life called it Juice. <_>
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
I will never understand why TS3 University life called it Juice. <_>

I guess they are calling it juice for the same reason they are calling sex woohoo. Anyway, they need to bring back the poker table, I don't see what was so adult themed about it, it's not like they were playing strip poker.
On second thought, there is streaking in University so they might as well include strip poker too.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 5:32 PM Last edited by VanillaBean14 : 15th Jun 2013 at 7:59 PM.
I'd like the makeout from TS2 to make a return. And the poker tables. And the other stuff that was already included in the early games. But not addicts, drunks, and murderers. There are already enough of those in real life. We could have obsessed, tipsy, and "accidental" deaths due to vanishing pool ladders or being locked in an empty room, but please -- no extremes. This is a teen game. While it's true that they've dumbed it down to around age 10 (my brother can play it, trust me), it shouldn't be adultified. Just restored.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 5:33 PM
I want Sim4 to be "ADULT"! All the other Sims are an odd mix of adult/child; "hiding" the plastic Barbie parts is just stupid, but all the sexual actions (like having sex, with any gender, age, etc) is not child-appropriate to ME! Adults are the ones with the MONEY, so give me sims with "parts", sex, alcohol, all that "bad" stuff! And make EVERYTHING more realistic, and less anima (whatever the spelling, you know, cartoon looking).

It CAN'T be BOTH child & adult!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 10:12 PM
Considering how sims can sleep around with everyone around town, I wouldnt consider it appropriate for 12 year olds either who are still quite impressionable. If that can be done, why not have beer and poker games too.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 10:30 PM
the things you are mentioning would make the game rated m.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VanillaBean14
I'd like the makeout from TS2 to make a return. And the poker tables. And the other stuff that was already included in the early games. But not addicts, drunks, and murderers. There are already enough of those in real life. We could have obsessed, tipsy, and "accidental" deaths due to vanishing pool ladders or being locked in the room, but please -- no extremes. This is a teen game. While it's true that they've dumbed it down to around age 10 (my brother can play it, trust me), it shouldn't be adultified. Just restored.

I want the make outs too. I loved how edgy it was. Booty grabbing and rubbing all up on each other in dirty ways. Lmao.
Id also love cinematics to return too.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
the things you are mentioning would make the game rated m.

I'd be happy with "A" (is that MORE adult than "M"?)- and either let the kiddies continue with Sim2; or, even better, create Sim4X AND Sim4G - and take out some of the stuff in Sim2 that is NOT really appropriate for little kids! Target your audience and make even more $$$!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:33 AM
This kind of stuff is the reason we have mods. Lord knows I am not opposed to adult content in my game, but I think if there was an "official" adult content, it would be very watered down, and not nearly as dirty, raunchy, and filthy as some of the stuff I have seen that is made by fans. And it's too bad, because some of those fans have very active imaginations...
Scholar
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:35 AM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 4th Jun 2013 at 1:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I'd be happy with "A" (is that MORE adult than "M"?)- and either let the kiddies continue with Sim2; or, even better, create Sim4X AND Sim4G - and take out some of the stuff in Sim2 that is NOT really appropriate for little kids! Target your audience and make even more $$$!

There are already tons of "adult" Sims knockoffs. Take that one game, Singles, or whatever, for example. Why would you want to change the actual franchise for millions of Sims fans like myself? I'll be honest, I have gone to MTS sister site and downloaded several things, but, I ended up just uninstalling it because it doesn't fit my personal taste, and seeing them walk around with their "bits" was pretty pointless and vaguely disturbing on such cartoonish people. If you want to sex up your Sims game, I'm sure there will be modders willing to help you with that.

Here's a secret though. Want to know the real reason I don't want an adult Sims game. Could you even begin to imagine the terrifying horror that is EAxis's vision of a penis?

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yeah, I don't need nor want my sims world to be just like Las Vegas or something, but I get annoyed at their increasingly prudish attitude toward so-called 'vices' too. Maybe that whole thing where the politician guy thought nipples could appear in an un-modded game put the fear of marketing god into them or something. Having said that, I find enough mods for 'adult' content if I really want it. While I like seeing my TS2 sims grabbing an actual Heineken out of the fridge and think it's amusing, I don't get incensed at EAxis for not providing that themselves.

It would be more interesting if simmos could get inebriated, if they made a more realistic "Action/Consequences" system (though, if they set up a "Have sex before marriage = BAD consequences" system, I'd probably spit nails. Something more moderate, where SOME sims think you're a dirty hoe for premarital booty, and some sims don't). Like the sims who fantasize about collecting insurance money on relatives in TS2, that suggests sociopathic motives for murder or death but the whole thing is rather meaningless because it doesn't affect game play at all and sims can never kill other sims themselves (I know this is supposed to present the PLAYER with ethical contemplation, but it annoys me that sims themselves are given the DESIRE to see death but no ability to do anything about it). In TS3 they introduced that half-assed 'reputation' system but it only applies to romantic interactions, which is ultimately kind of irritating. Why are the hothead sims not judged for picking fights or being douchebags? Why are neglectful parents not given a reputation in town for being scum if they let their kid starve? I'm not saying they have to introduce an all-encompassing ethical judgment system, but it has always bothered me they included one but ONLY for romantic interactions. I guess my standpoint is either apply it to more social reputation areas or just don't effing do it at all.

I'm not saying the whole game should be puritanical, I'd personally find it fun if a sim could work to redeem themselves instead of buying a dumb lifetime reward for a 'Clean Slate'. I'd find it more interesting to be able to have a sim do good or work to change their rep through actions rather than pretending they can make everyone like them by buying a stupid 'clean slate'. The idea of kids playing the game and believing they can fix all their mistakes in one quick, painless action disturbs me more than the idea of them seeing a sim get a little tanked on 'nectar' or whatever the hell they want to call it. Kids can make their sim get in fights or neglect their sim babies without any social rep issues, but they're given the message they are 'naughty' if they kiss 'Sim B' after telling 'Sim A' they are simply attracted to them? What a bag of bull****.

I mean, of course if it's too realistic, no one would want to play, but I think it would be more interesting to include some more adult themes and social choices. They have parental controls on just about everything else, how hard would it be to implement some kind of password protected game settings or something? Again, I don't mean they have to include uncensored nipples on the lady sims or strip clubs, I'm perfectly fine without that stuff and I'll find mods if I really want to include stuff like that in my game. I just mean I think they should grow-up about certain aspects and quit with this mixed-message kind of crap.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
EA wont risk it going over a Teen rating, so it cant contain real sex type names. Woohoo must stay woohoo, and must be censored.
Additionally, ESRB has a policy with certain things. They will refuse to rate a game with illegal content. So meaning, if EA allowed adults to woohoo or have relationships with teens in TS4, it would be banned. Best people can hope with these type of things, is mods.

However, names such as beer and things should be fine. I will never understand why TS3 University life called it Juice. <_>

Just to clarify, the ESRB might refuse to rate a game that exceeds the standards for their M rating, but they cannot ban a game from release. I mean, Virtual Valerie does not bear an ESRB rating, and is certainly not banned.

EA's concern would be that having the rating for a sims game go from T to M would curtail sales, and that is a valid assumption. Which is why the community is so important at allowing folks to play the game at whatever level of comfort they choose.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 4:19 AM
EA's idea of what's appropriate for children is always a bit questionable. Like how female sims don't have nipples but at the same time it's ok for kids to see aliens abduct and basically rape your sim and return them pregnant
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
EA's idea of what's appropriate for children is always a bit questionable. Like how female sims don't have nipples but at the same time it's ok for kids to see aliens abduct and basically rape your sim and return them pregnant

Well, to be fair, there's really no concrete evidence of rape. We never actually see the aliens.

Since it's only males who come back pregnant, I have a theory the aliens are sexy females and it's the abducted dudes who are like "I want to hit that", not realizing they're gonna go home with an alien bambino in their bellies if they do.

The abducted girls probably hang out with the alien babes like "Oh yeah, human males want to bang EVERYTHING, I hear you girl".

This is just my theory. My very sexist and disgustingly stereotypical theory.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 5:26 AM
See, MY theory is they just anal probe guys for the hell of it. About the only thing they have discovered is that about 1 in 10 actually seem to like it.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 6:08 AM
My biggest concern is, how do give human males birth. Women are constructed this way, with a wide portal, to be totally abstract. Men don't have this wide portal... only this tiny little one...
I know, sims spin and the baby fells in their arms, but the baby grows inside of their body... somehow the baby has to got out of there. How do you explain that to your kids? :D
Page 1 of 10