Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:08 AM
It doesn't matter, since you are changing it anyway
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndreaJEP
It doesn't matter, since you are changing it anyway

Alrighty! Mission accomplished. Saved/applied changes in both NI and NCP.

What's next? Nitromon's walkthrough on pg 1 of this thread seemed to hint that there was more that needed to be done/a few more steps, but that it wasn't posted so as not to seem too overwhelming. Any idea on what those steps would be?

Also, before I begin my test run, what are the specifics of what I need to do? I believe I read that it was supposed to be in a small world, but I'm not sure which of the worlds that come with the games I have installed is the smallest. Also, do I need to be playing a specific part of the game, like going through a few days with a Sim, or can I spend that time in Create-A-Sim or building a lot? And am I on the look-out for any specific things, any sort of certain red flags?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:27 AM
I think nitromon was probably referring to getting your cc and mods installed, though I'm not positive. Don't worry about that yet anyway. Start the game and play a bit. This isn't a scientific test...you are just making sure nothing crazy happens, frame rate is good, no glitches, etc. As for which world, I don't know which EA world is smallest, either. Maybe try Sunset Valley. Make sure to use the "fps on" cheat to make sure your fps doesn't go over 60 while you play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:37 AM
I think nitromon was probably referring to getting your cc and mods installed, though I'm not positive. Don't worry about that yet anyway. Start the game and play a bit. This isn't a scientific test...you are just making sure nothing crazy happens, frame rate is good, no glitches, etc. As for which world, I don't know which EA world is smallest, either. Maybe try Sunset Valley. Make sure to use the "fps on" cheat to make sure your fps doesn't go over 60 while you play.

When the time does come for CC/mods, do you know of anyone who might be able to give me some tips, when it comes to that sort of thing? Basically I'm going to be trying to put all of my CC/mods, as well as old saved games, onto thumb drives and move them onto this new computer from my old desktop. I've never done that sort of thing before, it's kind of a daunting task. Though I do have a good amount of experience with installing/moving around/dealing with CC/mods, so I feel like unlike all of this technical stuff we've been doing, I'll actually have something of an idea of what I'm doing, once I get started at least.

Okay, that works, I usually play in Sunset Valley anyway. I've never played with the FPS cheat on, is it something I need to keep my eye on/watch during gameplay? Should I be alarmed if it goes over 60 (if so, how much over 60)? Any info you could give me on it would definitely be appreciated. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I hear back from you. I believe Nitromon's walkthrough said to play for around an hour?
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by caccigirl
When the time does come for CC/mods, do you know of anyone who might be able to give me some tips, when it comes to that sort of thing? Basically I'm going to be trying to put all of my CC/mods, as well as old saved games, onto thumb drives and move them onto this new computer from my old desktop. I've never done that sort of thing before, it's kind of a daunting task. Though I do have a good amount of experience with installing/moving around/dealing with CC/mods, so I feel like unlike all of this technical stuff we've been doing, I'll actually have something of an idea of what I'm doing, once I get started at least.

Okay, that works, I usually play in Sunset Valley anyway. I've never played with the FPS cheat on, is it something I need to keep my eye on/watch during gameplay? Should I be alarmed if it goes over 60 (if so, how much over 60)? Any info you could give me on it would definitely be appreciated. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I hear back from you. I believe Nitromon's walkthrough said to play for around an hour?

You are overcomplicating again First, your second paragraph: you check your fps just to make sure that Nvidia Inspector is doing its job. If you did that part correctly, your fps will not go over 60, ever. You are just double-checking, that's all. Play for an hour, half an hour, 2 hours...whatever you like.

As far as mods, when I transferred computers, I just dragged my entire EA folder (the one in My Documents) onto an external harddrive, then copied the entire folder into my new computer, intact. I think I used the launcher to reinstall Sims3Packs as needed. Don't panic or make it harder than it is. If your current game is at a different patch level than on your old computer, for any reason, just make sure you update your mods as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:03 AM
You are overcomplicating again First, your second paragraph: you check your fps just to make sure that Nvidia Inspector is doing its job. If you did that part correctly, your fps will not go over 60, ever. You are just double-checking, that's all. Play for an hour, half an hour, 2 hours...whatever you like.

As far as mods, when I transferred computers, I just dragged my entire EA folder (the one in My Documents) onto an external harddrive, then copied the entire folder into my new computer, intact. I think I used the launcher to reinstall Sims3Packs as needed. Don't panic or make it harder than it is. If your current game is at a different patch level than on your old computer, for any reason, just make sure you update your mods as well.

Haha, you're right. Cross the bridge if I come to it, not worry about it ahead of time.

As for the CC/mods stuff. My game on that computer is definitely not up to patch, last I played was a year or so ago. I planned on just transferring over all of the custom content, and then just making a list of the mods so I could re-download the ones that have been updated, and leave out the ones that are no longer supported/have been abandoned/etc. Would I still need to update if I'm just putting my CC (.sims3packs and .packages, respectively) onto a thumb drive, rather than my entire EA folder? Also, my save games, if possible. Or would I need to update before? (once I get everything transferred over, the computer's being wiped and given to a family member, so it's not like I'd need to update for future playing on that computer).

I'm about to launch TS3 and do my test run. I will report back here in about 45 minutes/an hour when I'm done and let ya'll know how it goes. If you don't mind, please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well! I'll definitely be crossing mine, ha.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:19 AM
Oh, important question! I just started my test run, but - Should I go ahead and set my game settings/graphics settings as I like them/plan on setting them to for future play? Because currently, the game has all my graphics settings set to the lowest possible, because of it not recognizing my GPU earlier.

I typically play with my graphics settings higher up/more detailed, and I'm not sure if it would affect the FPS/if it does, if it's something that could cause any issues like the kind we're looking for in this test run?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:27 AM
I would think you can set the graphics how you want them. Just check and make sure everything plays properly before you install any cc.

Also before you install any cc or mods, make sure your game is patched up. Then, install just a few mods/cc at a time and load up the game to make sure they are working properly. You do it this way since you have never played on the current patch level, and so you'll want to make sure your mods/cc are all compatible with version 1.69 (or 1.67, if that is what Steam updates to). Installing just a few items at a time can help you narrow down the culprit in case any compatibility problems arise. I moved my entire EA folder at once because a) I like to live dangerously, and b) I was playing on the same patch level, so I knew my mods and cc would still be compatible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:34 AM
I would think you can set the graphics how you want them. Just check and make sure everything plays properly before you install any cc.

Also before you install any cc or mods, make sure your game is patched up. Then, install just a few mods/cc at a time and load up the game to make sure they are working properly. You do it this way since you have never played on the current patch level, and so you'll want to make sure your mods/cc are all compatible with version 1.69 (or 1.67, if that is what Steam updates to). Installing just a few items at a time can help you narrow down the culprit in case any compatibility problems arise. I moved my entire EA folder at once because a) I like to live dangerously, and b) I was playing on the same patch level, so I knew my mods and cc would still be compatible.

Alright. I just set all my in-game graphics settings as I like them (all pretty much as high as they'll go, save for just a few I keep on medium). Beginning my test run now, be back soon.

Wow, CC (clothing, hair, objects) can conflict with patch levels? If I'm understanding you right, that is. I had no idea, I thought it was just mods!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 9:51 AM
2 hour test run went well. My FPS moved around a bit, but stayed within the range of 46 - 59, depending on what I was doing. I played with a household, just lived out a few days with them/played as normal. I also spent some time in build/buy mode and create-a-sim. no problems, issues, lag, any sort of anything, I am very happy to report.

Nitromon, was there anything after this step, or anything else you'd advise I do before moving on to the process of moving over all of my CC/saved games from my other computer?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Nah, you've done the test run, you're happy with the game so you're good to move on to other things.

So word of advice on cc/mods, keep them organized. I always recommend having 1 folder in your mods folder called "new" that you put new mods in and test them for a few months before moving them into your main cc/mods area.

I didn't follow along the thread, but it sounds like you're putting in cc/mods sand saved games from another computer? Just make sure both games are 1.67 and the mods are properly updated.

I'll definitely keep that all in mind, I appreciate the advice.

Is there a way just to transfer worlds/neighborhoods? Like, the only reason I was going to move over my saved games is because I would like to resume playing the world that I've made tons of custom lots for, added all custom households, spent a lot of time on etc. I guess, what would be the best way to do that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You can move the whole save, which then hopefully your cc/mods will match up and no problem. You can continue where you've left off.

If there is no saves folder in your TS3 user folder, you can just create one.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

By the way, if you happen to know: what's better to use, .package files, or .sims3pack files? I've heard before that having large numbers of one or the other can cause lag (though obviously, any large amount of custom content is probably going to affect your game in some way). But, it seems like I've heard multiple times before that it's better to go with one over the other, as it's quicker or easier or something for the game to load them? I've always had a mix of both in my game, but when I go to download a piece of CC, there is usually an option to download it as either file type, so I'm wondering if there's a better choice between the two?
Instructor
#90 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 11:47 PM
Oh, CC. That, I know about.

To my knowledge, the differences you experience in loading and lag is that Sims3packs finish their journey in the DCCache folder all merged together and individual Package files, when accumulated, take longer for your game to read through every one of them.

But then, you can actually merge your Packages with S3PE to reduce loading time.
There are some tutorials out there if you're interested:
Combine Package Files by Crinrict
Another tutorial by kates-hideout
There are even videos, if it's easier to follow for you.

What you want to keep track of is the size of those merged packages, it's recommended not to go over 200-300mb.
Also, always keep a copy of the individual files somewhere on your computer or an external hard drive. In case something goes wrong, or to make it easier for you, if at some point, you want to delete a specific item from the Merged Package.

The only things I don't merge are Mods (Nraas, tuning mods, script mods), Skintones, Sliders, Poses and Default replacements.
Some of them, because the creators may update them or I want to keep my eyes open for possible conflicts and also, because I like moving them around and it's easier for me.

In the end, it's more a question of what you prefer.
Sims3packs may be less of a hassle to install, just double-click and you're good to go.
Packages are easier to keep organised. You can store them in different folders by type or creators, anything really. And you can easily delete something you don't want anymore.

Really, you can have both without problem. You don't necessarily have to choose.

Personally, I have very few items installed via the Launcher: Store Worlds, counters and cabinets (because they can become glitchy if I extract them as packages). I don't use custom patterns, but I heard that they work fine in packages for some, while others keep them in Sims3packs.
Everything else, I extracted the Packages from the Sims3packs or it was already in Package format.

But as you said, the loading time or lag may very well depend on your machine or the overall size of your CC folders.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Oh, CC. That, I know about.

To my knowledge, the differences you experience in loading and lag is that Sims3packs finish their journey in the DCCache folder all merged together and individual Package files, when accumulated, take longer for your game to read through every one of them.

But then, you can actually merge your Packages with S3PE to reduce loading time.
There are some tutorials out there if you're interested:
Combine Package Files by Crinrict
Another tutorial by kates-hideout
There are even videos, if it's easier to follow for you.

What you want to keep track of is the size of those merged packages, it's recommended not to go over 200-300mb.
Also, always keep a copy of the individual files somewhere on your computer or an external hard drive. In case something goes wrong, or to make it easier for you, if at some point, you want to delete a specific item from the Merged Package.

The only things I don't merge are Mods (Nraas, tuning mods, script mods), Skintones, Sliders, Poses and Default replacements.
Some of them, because the creators may update them or I want to keep my eyes open for possible conflicts and also, because I like moving them around and it's easier for me.

In the end, it's more a question of what you prefer.
Sims3packs may be less of a hassle to install, just double-click and you're good to go.
Packages are easier to keep organised. You can store them in different folders by type or creators, anything really. And you can easily delete something you don't want anymore.

Really, you can have both without problem. You don't necessarily have to choose.

Personally, I have very few items installed via the Launcher: Store Worlds, counters and cabinets (because they can become glitchy if I extract them as packages). I don't use custom patterns, but I heard that they work fine in packages for some, while others keep them in Sims3packs.
Everything else, I extracted the Packages from the Sims3packs or it was already in Package format.

But as you said, the loading time or lag may very well depend on your machine or the overall size of your CC folders.

Wow, thank you! That's definitely a lot of super helpful advice.

Is there any other tips or pieces of advice you could offer? Especially anything having to do with organization of CC/mods? I'm sure there have got to be some good ideas out there, I just haven't been able to find them! All I know is I never really had any sort of organizational system with the CC on my old computer, and definitely want to change that with my new one. Back then, trying to find a single piece of CC to remove or even just identify what was what...it was a NIGHTMARE.
Instructor
#92 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 8:59 AM
Oh, yes! Organising and identifying CC can be a real hassle.

Hmm, there is no right way of organising CC, except the way that will fit you, really!

Personally, I like having folders/sub-folders for every type of CC (hair, shoes, buy objects...).
I also always separate Mods from regular CC. Same goes for Default replacements.
I always keep the individual packages and everything is clearly labelled, so I know who made the package and what it does.

You can also organise your CC by creators. For example, I'll make a creator folder if I really have a lot of CC from them, and maybe creators I only have one or two items, I'll just keep them in a "Various" folder.
It can help keeping track of where your CC comes from and identifying something you'd want to remove later on.

Speaking of removing items, with objects, most of the time, the in game description will help, but CAS items may be a bit more tricky.
Often, I'll open packages in S3PE and look for an ICON or THUMB (both are thumbnails for the item) to help visualise the package. Or as a last resort, I'll just google the name of the hair/author.

---

Just two things to keep in mind, but you may want to use if you're more familiar with the programs/mods:

1) You can use Nraas MasterController and S3PE together to identify packages of CAS items.
Very basically, with Nraas MasterController installed, if you right-click on a CAS item, you'll have a notification that appears and has information about the item. What I look for is the instance number of the item, then I'll use S3PE and look for this instance number to identify the package I want to remove.

2) If you have merged your packages, you don't necessarily have to re-merge everything once you've found the right package to delete. You can actually delete it from the merged package directly.

If you're interested or when the time comes and you want to try those methods, I can explain a bit more or point a tutorial your way.

---

Additionally, Delphy's Dashboard is a program you may want to check. It can help with possible conflicting mods or corrupted/wrong categorised CAS items that could cause problems in your game.
Note that conflicting files from the same author are generally completely fine. For example, they might share the same textures. You can also get false positives with files that override resources of other packages on purpose.

You can get more information:
Delphy's Dashboard post by Crinrict
Understanding Mod and CC Conflicts with Delphy's Dashboard by NonaMena (also, explanations on the different type of mods/CC)

If you wanted to go all Packages, you'll want to have Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, which will extract your Sims3packs into Packages.
If there are more than one package inside the Sims3pack, you'll get packages with long strings of numbers and letters. You'll have to rename them manually to keep organised.

Finally, when installing new Mods or CC, always keep them separate at first for testing purpose.
I have a folder for that in my Mods/Packages. I also have a test save just to see if the Mod/piece of CC works as intended, that I wouldn't mind getting all borked up and not having to save afterwards.
It might seem a bit overboard, but better be safe than sorry. ;)

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head, as far as advice on organising CC goes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 10:02 PM
Oh, yes! Organising and identifying CC can be a real hassle.

Hmm, there is no right way of organising CC, except the way that will fit you, really!

Personally, I like having folders/sub-folders for every type of CC (hair, shoes, buy objects...).
I also always separate Mods from regular CC. Same goes for Default replacements.
I always keep the individual packages and everything is clearly labelled, so I know who made the package and what it does.

You can also organise your CC by creators. For example, I'll make a creator folder if I really have a lot of CC from them, and maybe creators I only have one or two items, I'll just keep them in a "Various" folder.
It can help keeping track of where your CC comes from and identifying something you'd want to remove later on.

Speaking of removing items, with objects, most of the time, the in game description will help, but CAS items may be a bit more tricky.
Often, I'll open packages in S3PE and look for an ICON or THUMB (both are thumbnails for the item) to help visualise the package. Or as a last resort, I'll just google the name of the hair/author.

---

Just two things to keep in mind, but you may want to use if you're more familiar with the programs/mods:

1) You can use Nraas MasterController and S3PE together to identify packages of CAS items.
Very basically, with Nraas MasterController installed, if you right-click on a CAS item, you'll have a notification that appears and has information about the item. What I look for is the instance number of the item, then I'll use S3PE and look for this instance number to identify the package I want to remove.

2) If you have merged your packages, you don't necessarily have to re-merge everything once you've found the right package to delete. You can actually delete it from the merged package directly.

If you're interested or when the time comes and you want to try those methods, I can explain a bit more or point a tutorial your way.

---

Additionally, Delphy's Dashboard is a program you may want to check. It can help with possible conflicting mods or corrupted/wrong categorised CAS items that could cause problems in your game.
Note that conflicting files from the same author are generally completely fine. For example, they might share the same textures. You can also get false positives with files that override resources of other packages on purpose.

You can get more information:
Delphy's Dashboard post by Crinrict
Understanding Mod and CC Conflicts with Delphy's Dashboard by NonaMena (also, explanations on the different type of mods/CC)

If you wanted to go all Packages, you'll want to have Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, which will extract your Sims3packs into Packages.
If there are more than one package inside the Sims3pack, you'll get packages with long strings of numbers and letters. You'll have to rename them manually to keep organised.

Finally, when installing new Mods or CC, always keep them separate at first for testing purpose.
I have a folder for that in my Mods/Packages. I also have a test save just to see if the Mod/piece of CC works as intended, that I wouldn't mind getting all borked up and not having to save afterwards.
It might seem a bit overboard, but better be safe than sorry.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head, as far as advice on organising CC goes.

Wow, thank you so much! Again, so many good tips and tricks. I've always used MasterController, but I never knew I could use it to identify items in CAS (which I definitely could've used a while back when I was sorting through all my CC!).

I do have a question for you about using folders to organize my .package files. Is there any sort of limit as to how many folders or sub-folders you can make in the Mods folder? Like, if I wanted to make a Clothing folder, and then, say, Male and Female sub-folders, and then Tops, Bottoms, and Outfits sub-folders within those two sub-folders...could I do that? I guess I'm wondering if there's a limit as to how many layers of sub-folders I can do?

Also, I'd love to use S3PE (I believe I may've used it in the past), but can't seem to find a working download link. The one you provided goes to a dead-end, and Google wasn't of much help. Do you know if this is a temporary issue, or if they're no longer allowing downloads of the program?
Site Helper
#94 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 12:01 AM
Yes, there is a limit on the depth of your sub-folders, although you can have as many sub-folders at each level as you want to make.

Look at your Resource.cfg. (which can open with NotePad)
Your limit on the depth of your subfolders is defined by the number of lines that say PackedFile Packages/* (with an extra * for each line)
If you are using the file from MTS, that's 5, which means you can have a folder with 4 layers of subfolders in it. (which should be plenty...)

So yes, you can have your clothing folders set up the way you want to. You can even add a folder for the creator, and another folder for the historical period or world style. S3PE should be available at http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#95 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 12:17 AM
Yeah, the MasterController + S3PE method is still a tedious one, but it's the best way I could think of when I really don't remember what a certain CAS part could be named or where I got it.
I sometimes wish there were tooltips with the name of the packages...but, this is better than nothing!

If you've got your Framework (Overrides and Packages folders + Resource.cfg) from this wiki page, then you'll see that your Resource.cfg looks in parts like this:

This means that you can have up to 4 levels of sub-folders.
So you could definitely have something like this inside your Packages folder: Clothing (level 1) > Male / Female (level 2) > Tops / Bottoms / Outfits(level 3). And you could still add another sub-folder after that.
I suppose, if you wanted to add more sub-folders, you could add more lines, but I'm not sure if there is a hard limit to how many you can have, as I never tested this myself.

And for the S3PE link, you'll see that the site automatically gives an outdated link when the program is mentioned (it is underlined), but I actually provided the working link the second time I mentioned S3PE together with MasterController in my previous post (not underlined). This one will direct you to the working download page.
But just in case, it's here.

Edit: So sorry @Ghost sdoj! I was typing when you just said the same thing already...
Site Helper
#96 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 1:16 AM
That's the first time I've ninja'd someone.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 9:48 PM
Yeah, the MasterController + S3PE method is still a tedious one, but it's the best way I could think of when I really don't remember what a certain CAS part could be named or where I got it.
I sometimes wish there were tooltips with the name of the packages...but, this is better than nothing!

If you've got your Framework (Overrides and Packages folders + Resource.cfg) from this wiki page, then you'll see that your Resource.cfg looks in parts like this:

This means that you can have up to 4 levels of sub-folders.
So you could definitely have something like this inside your Packages folder: Clothing (level 1) > Male / Female (level 2) > Tops / Bottoms / Outfits(level 3). And you could still add another sub-folder after that.
I suppose, if you wanted to add more sub-folders, you could add more lines, but I'm not sure if there is a hard limit to how many you can have, as I never tested this myself.

And for the S3PE link, you'll see that the site automatically gives an outdated link when the program is mentioned (it is underlined), but I actually provided the working link the second time I mentioned S3PE together with MasterController in my previous post (not underlined). This one will direct you to the working download page.
But just in case, it's here.

Edit: So sorry @Ghost sdoj! I was typing when you just said the same thing already...

Thank you! I was wondering, though, if there is a program similar to Delphy's Dashboard, but for .sims3packs? I'm having issues with one of my .s3p files causing some issues in CAS, but cannot seem to figure out which it is. It'd be great if there was a program like Delphy's Dashboard that could simply sort through my downloads and tell me which files are corrupted/duplicates/etc. Might you know if such a program exists?
Instructor
#98 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 9:15 AM
Unfortunately, to check Sims3packs, you'll have to go over every single one of them individually with Delphy's Custard (Sims3pack cleaner), as the program cannot open more than one.
There's no other program (that I know of) that could do what the Dashboard does for packages in reading them all at once.

This also means that you should still have the original Sims3packs somewhere, if you can't identify the problematic piece of CC in game or in the Launcher...

Hmm, maybe this article on Bad CC by Crinrict can help you?
At the end, there is also a list of CC that are known to cause issues, maybe you have one of them?

But, I'm thinking of something:
If you installed your Sims3packs and didn't touch the DCBackup folder, you'll see that it is full of packages. Those are, well, backup packages of the Sims3packs you installed with the Launcher.
You could point the Dashboard toward this folder to scan for possible corruption/bad categorisation/etc.?

Or another work-around if you still have those Sims3packs:
You could use Delphy's Multi-Extracter, extract them as package and then check with the Dashboard.
Hopefully, you'll be able to isolate the possibly problematic piece of CC and track the original Sims3pack (maybe with its name)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, to check Sims3packs, you'll have to go over every single one of them individually with Delphy's Custard (Sims3pack cleaner), as the program cannot open more than one.
There's no other program (that I know of) that could do what the Dashboard does for packages in reading them all at once.

This also means that you should still have the original Sims3packs somewhere, if you can't identify the problematic piece of CC in game or in the Launcher...

Hmm, maybe this article on Bad CC by Crinrict can help you?
At the end, there is also a list of CC that are known to cause issues, maybe you have one of them?

But, I'm thinking of something:
If you installed your Sims3packs and didn't touch the DCBackup folder, you'll see that it is full of packages. Those are, well, backup packages of the Sims3packs you installed with the Launcher.
You could point the Dashboard toward this folder to scan for possible corruption/bad categorisation/etc.?

Or another work-around if you still have those Sims3packs:
You could use Delphy's Multi-Extracter, extract them as package and then check with the Dashboard.
Hopefully, you'll be able to isolate the possibly problematic piece of CC and track the original Sims3pack (maybe with its name)?

Thank you, I'm definitely going to give Delphy's Custard a whirl. I read over the list of known bad CC in the article you linked...I don't seem to have anything on the list, but that'd definitely be nice! If only figuring out which item is bad was that easy.

I'm not sure if you idea regarding the DCBackup would work - see, I've going through my S3Ps in groups...Installing, sorting through it in-game to see what I like/want to keep and what I want to get rid of, then closing out the game, uninstalling all the S3Ps, and sorting what I'm keeping into folders (Clothing, Objects, Hairs, etc.) to install later (once I'm done sorting through everything), and then sorting all of the others I'm not keeping into my recycle bin. So, currently, I don't actually have any of my S3Ps installed - just sitting in folders waiting to be installed once I've sorted through absolutely everything. And, unfortunately, I didn't even think about giving the particular group of CC that'd been installed when I had the issue a closer look, because I didn't even realize that it was a CC-related issue to begin with. So now that small group of CC that includes the bad item is mixed in with everything else, at least 1,000 S3Ps. You could definitely say I feel particularly stupid about that.

I think your idea about extracting the S3Ps as packages and then running them through Dashboard is brilliant, though. I know I can narrow it down to being a CAS item, and mostly likely one for female toddlers, as that's the only time when I encounter the issue - which is, my sim suddenly morphing into a stretched-out monster. So I think that's what I'll do after all! Fingers crossed, that it works!
Instructor
#100 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 11:27 PM
Looks like you're doing a thorough job organising and testing your CC, braving multiple reloads of your game just to sort through everything. I can only applaud your dedication.

Your issue definitely sounds like a piece of CC for maybe Adult/Young Adult (I want to say check clothing first) that was wrongly categorised for Toddlers, causing the kinda terrifying appearance of the Slender Man's spawns.

The Dashboard really should be able to identify the problematic CC.
And if you really wanted to keep it, you could recategorise it with S3PE. Or really, just delete it, if you feel it's not vital to your gameplay.
Page 4 of 4