Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 9:37 AM
Yes, I know that series too as I watched it when I went to kindergarten^^ In German it was called "Blues Clue's - blau und schlau" (Blue and smart)

It seems that the Germans kind of fear the "Y", for whatver reason. Maybe it's because "Y" and "Ü" sound most of the time quite the same, you pronounce "Y" as "Üpsilon"

But the Y is not the only letter that is hard to find - also the X is one of the rarest letters. The only real words with x in my German-English dictionary are
"x-Achse" (x-axis), "X-Beine" (knock-knees), "x-beliebig" (any old...), "Xenon" (xenon), "xenophob" (xenophobic), of wich I even do not know what it is, "Xerogramm" (xerographic), "Xerokopie" (xerographic print), "x-fach" (umpteen), "x-mal" (umpteen), Zum "x-ten" Mal (for the umpteenth time) and "Xylophon" (xylophone). That's all what I can find.

"Handy" is a false friend, because the anglish word "handy" means "praktisch", but that is just what cell phones are, aren't they?

Nasenfahrrad

Are you looking for translations of mods or catalogue descriptions?
I am a professional translator and interpreter for English-German and French-German.
Ask me if you need a translation into or from one of these three langauges, I'd love to provide! :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:02 PM
Hallo jedermann! Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, Ich lerne sie nur 6 monate lange, aber ich lerne sehr gern Deutsch. Ich bin Amy (that's just my nickname), ich wohne in Ungarn und ich bin 15 jahre alt. Ich lerne in eine Gymnasium. Mein hobbys sind Musik hören, singen, spazieren gehn und Sims spielen und schreiben in forums.

That's all for now I can sa about myself in German, auf Deutsch... The reason why I joined this group because I want to develop my German as well, but in school we're learning really slowly. I hope I'll manage to get some knowledge... :D
Top Secret Researcher
#128 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:10 PM
Hallo Amy, dein Deutsch ist sehr gut für nur sechs Monate Lernen! Your German is very good for only six months learning!
Leider ist hier nicht viel los. Unfortuantely there's not much going on here. Du könntest dir dailyknoedels Videos anschauen, ich finde ihn lustig und er hat eine gute Aussprache. You could watch dailyknoedel's videos, I find him funny and he has good pronunciation.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:54 PM
Vielen dank! =)
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:03 PM
Hallo,ich bin elfinitty,ich bin 16 Jahre alt und ich komme aus der Türkei.Ich lerne Deutsch ,aber ich denke ich spreche nicht so gut.Ich will einen Kurs gehen für sprechen besser.Ich bin glücklich ,einen Platz zum sprechen finden
Field Researcher
#131 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 3:28 AM
Hallo! Ich heiße Julie und komme aus Brazil. Ich bin dreiundzwanzig Jahre alt und Physik Studentin. Ich lerne Deutsch für ein Monate.

Hi! I'm Julie and I come from Brazil. I'm 23 years old and I'm a physics student. I've been learning German for a month now. Hopefully that's what I just said!

I'm hoping to get my master's degree in Germany so I have about one year and a half to learn enough to survive there.
I'd love to hear from any germans who'd like to tell me what is it like for foreign students in their home country - feel free to PM me too. I don't know many citizens from the fair Deutschland except for two exchange students I've talked to in person on occasion and another one I've only met online. It would be nice to have people to visit once I do get there!

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 3rd May 2012 at 6:12 PM
Julie, sehr gut für nur ein Monat! Jetzt fühle ich mich gut weil wir haben eine neue Deutschlehrerin. Sie ist sehr nett nicht so wie unser anderen Lehrer. Als Studentin möchte ich Englisch lernen, und ich muss anderen Sprichtrüfungen haben zu aufnahmen. Und sie unterrnimmt mir zu lernen intensiv. Ich beginne es am Freitag (nicht Morgen). Entschuldigen für mir schlecht Deutsch.

Julie, very good for one month! Now I feel good because we have a new German teacher. She is very kind not like our teacher before. When I'll be in university, I want to learn English studies (too), and I need to have another language exams. And she undertakes me to learn quicker. I begin on Friday (next friday, not tomorrow). Sorry for my bad German!

"Sometimes you might not even know why you're doing something. I mean any person can have courage. But honor, that's the real reason for you either do something or you don't. It's who you are and maybe who you want to be." /The blind side/
Mad Poster
#133 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:43 PM
Ich bin Schotte, aber ich studierte Germanistik in den 80. Jahren an der Uni. Waehrend meines Studiums studierte und wohnte ich 2 Semester (1 Jahr) an der Universitaet Goettingen. Heute bekomme ich nur selten die Moeglichkeit, Deutsch zu sprechen, und ich weiss, dass ich deswegen viele Sprachfeher machen werde. Jedenfalls gruesse ich die anderen Mitglieder dieser Gruppe!

(If I can translate my own German properly...) I am Scottish but I studied German at University in the 1980's. In the course of this study, I lived and studied for a year (2 Semesters) at the University of Goettingen. Nowadays I rarely get an opportunity to speak German so I know I'll make lots of mistakes. In any case, Greetings to the other members of this group!
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 7:41 AM
Guten Morgen,
ich bin halbwegs neu hier im Forum und habe grade von dieser Gruppe erfahren. Da ich es sehr geniesse englisch schreiben zu können, dachte ich, dass ich euch helfe auch Deutsch schreiben zu können

Good morning,
I'm more or less new to the forum and just learned about this group. Since I really enjoy writing English I thought I'd help you to have the possibility to write German.
Scholar
#135 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 2:53 PM
Ich habe auch gerade erst von dieser Gruppe erfahren, da haben wir etwas gemeinsam. ^^
Ich kann es gar nicht glauben, dass ich in all den Jahren auf Mod the Sims nie in die Social Groups geschaut habe. :D
Koennte aber auch daran liegen, dass ich im World Wide Web viel lieber Englisch benutze.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just learned about this group too. So we have something in common. ^^
Just can not believe that i never take a look into the social groups here on MTS. :D
Maybe it's because I prefer English for the World Wide Web.

(I really need to practice more ._.)

Page 6 of 6