Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#476 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Icy_Pandaz
It's funny, because if you spent your life with your cousins, and then once you're of age you marry them, would you think that's ethical?

Are you referring to my update? I went ahead and did the relationship check. Sirius and Adhara are 4th cousins, well within marrying rights of pretty much everywhere in real life. 4th cousins only share 1/16 of common DNA, 1/16 also being 0.0625%. At that point, you're no more related to your 4th cousin than you are to the random person who passed by you on the street. Heck, at that point you're just as closely related to a chimpanzee. Especially considering that this is the Sims and so far removed from reality, I don't see there being an ethical problem with their relationship.
Advertisement
Scholar
#477 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 8:35 PM
Hello everyone, I started the challenge and here's my frist update, Please tell me what you think
http://samssims3fun.wordpress.com/2...nge-update-one/
Lab Assistant
#478 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 11:59 PM
Finally....grrrr finally ... was able to get back up and running with my Sims. I started this challenge over as it was one of my favorites. I was waiting for the new EP for a storyline so now I can start publishing.
1st post is up here.

Hope you enjoy it!!
Test Subject
#479 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 12:57 AM
I like how you organized it like an actual experiment, Secresa. Looking forward to more.
Lab Assistant
#480 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 7:44 PM
Thanks! Glad you liked it.
Field Researcher
#481 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:25 AM
I love it Secresa! I can't wait to get the next update (:
Lab Assistant
#482 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iButterfree
I love it Secresa! I can't wait to get the next update (:

Thanks! It's been fun getting into again! I have the next update here.

Sorry they're on the short side right now, but I keep forgetting not a whole lot happens when you're working with just on household instead of several. Speaking of which, now that I get to play again I need to find the right place for my beloved Praskovya's to make a return!
Test Subject
#483 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 2:39 AM
I just started this challenge. My first born had the hair but not the eyes, my first set of twins (one boy one girl) neither had the hair but the boy did have the eyes, then i had another boy with the eyes but not hair. Lastly i had twin girls, the older girl was the heir of this generation while the youngest had the only the purple eyes trait.
Field Researcher
#484 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secresa
Thanks! It's been fun getting into again! I have the next update here.

Sorry they're on the short side right now, but I keep forgetting not a whole lot happens when you're working with just on household instead of several. Speaking of which, now that I get to play again I need to find the right place for my beloved Praskovya's to make a return!

I seriously love it. I'm curious to see if your alien observer will stay the same the whole way through or if the actions of your Sims will eventually change his way of thinking. Guess I'll just have to wait and see

On a not positive note, I highly doubt I'll have an update ready for tomorrow. November is almost here so I spent most of the weekend preparing my NaNoWriMo novel and making sure I had spare updates of The Goddess' Order since that is my main challenge. I'll try to see if I can hopefully get an update for this challenge out on Friday instead.
Lab Assistant
#485 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 10:12 PM
I seriously love it. I'm curious to see if your alien observer will stay the same the whole way through or if the actions of your Sims will eventually change his way of thinking. Guess I'll just have to wait and see

On a not positive note, I highly doubt I'll have an update ready for tomorrow. November is almost here so I spent most of the weekend preparing my NaNoWriMo novel and making sure I had spare updates of The Goddess' Order since that is my main challenge. I'll try to see if I can hopefully get an update for this challenge out on Friday instead.

Ha! I'll never tell! Actually, I probably couldn't tell. I obviously have plans in mind for a lot of things, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that things happen all the time to derail everything. Sims really do have minds of their own!

I don't know how you keep up with your updates. I try to stay ahead but it's hard!

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Field Researcher
#486 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:56 AM
My college screwing me over and never having the classes I need open or available is the main reason I can stay ahead. I only have 4 classes. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I only have one class from 12:30 to 1:45. Loooots of free time. I'm a senior, but my adviser says it will take at least two more semester to graduate if I can manage to get into the classes I need. I'm planning on transferring to a new university next fall to start the Japanese major I really want to take. It's to the point where I don't care if I have to retake classes to finish my Communication degree or to even drop it completely.
Test Subject
#487 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hello! This is my founder Asiru Viridis. She's loosely based on the Eastern Green Mamba and her heirs will need her skin, her black with green tips hair and her dull green eyes. She Dislikes Children, Loves the Heat and the Outdoors and to Swim. She's also Athletic!
Field Researcher
#488 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 1:59 PM
Oh wow. She's amazing. Can't wait to see how your challenge comes along.
Test Subject
#489 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 5:07 AM
Oh wow. She's amazing. Can't wait to see how your challenge comes along.

Thank you! :lovestruc

A little update!

Here is Asiru, quite pregnant, enjoying the stars with her husband Chad. This is her first pregnancy.

It resulted in two boys and one of them is the heir!

First, there is Kareem.

He is quite the grump and sleeps very lightly. He could have been the heir, had it not been for the fact his eyes mutated and took a new colour.

And now, for the heir! Thomas!

He is a good person, very disciplined. Possibly a future hero? We may never know.
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 1:37 PM
Hey everyone! I haven't been here much becuase of school and because my video card broke. So i couldn't use my pc for 2 weeks and now i can't play because the game crashes (and it has bad quality *crying*).
I sometimes come here to see your updates so i'll be an invisible reader for some time

Valentina | Italy.

I'm on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#491 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vave9
Hey everyone! I haven't been here much becuase of school and because my video card broke. So i couldn't use my pc for 2 weeks and now i can't play because the game crashes (and it has bad quality *crying*).
I sometimes come here to see your updates so i'll be an invisible reader for some time

So sorry! I feel your pain believe me.

Have a new update with the Prince's!

Test Subject
#492 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:40 AM
Hi! I just re-discovered this challenge last week some time, and decided that I wanted to try it out. Click here to read the first update if you want to!
Test Subject
#493 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 2:58 PM
So I finally downloaded all of the EPs, but right when Island Paradise finished downloaded my computer broke. Not crashed, no I wish it crashed. My computer is GONE. Wont even start up! *That* is why I haven't been playing...so mad right now...
Test Subject
#494 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 3:41 AM
It feels like I posted not very long ago, but I updated my PGC story. ^w^ Click here to read it! Still no heirs, unfortunately, but a few cute kids and kittens..
Test Subject
#495 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 6:45 AM
I just started my perfect genes legacy. My founder is Raven Corvidae. I created her to mimic the colors of crows and magpies. So blue-black hair and very light blue eyes.
She's a shape-shifting witch who was banished from her land High Skies for falling in love with a human she'd been watching. She fell unto Builder's Island where she is destined to grow her legacy so that she may regain her wings and entry into her land. But will she ever find the man she fell in love with?

Check out my simblr for the story:
http://ravencorvidae.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#496 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 8:57 AM
Some very nice families in the works!!!!

The Prince's have a new update in Finding Love.
Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
#497 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 8:48 AM
Forgive the double post but ... bumping for new update!

For those of you using a different color skin tone than typically human, are you strictly adhering to the exact shade of that skin tone or just anywhere on the spectrum for the perfect heir?

Test Subject
#498 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:54 PM Last edited by CarolPearl : 25th Nov 2013 at 9:00 PM.
Just started playing! Sadly it takes forever for the sim to get a baby, but it`s okay I Guess. My sim is now pregnant With her first child. I hope I`m Lucky!

Yay! Ananya and Joseph got twins, and the little boy Caspar is now the heir while his sister Astrid got her mother`s eyes and her father`s hair.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#499 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 7:46 PM Last edited by moeldtchen : 14th Dec 2013 at 7:59 PM.
While searching for a Sims 3 challenge, I stumbled across this genetics one and decided to give it a try.

My founder really drove me crazy because of her evil trait.

At first I wanted to play with the optional challenge (skin colour) as well, but i gave up after 13 children. Most of the children got their father's blonde hair and blue eyes. All children (except the heir) helped on building their home with Jobs after school until moving out. It's not finished until now, hopefully the next generation will manage to earn the missing simoleons. They live in a sweets themed house. Here you may see the nursery.

My generation 1 Heir is not grown up yet. But I think she'll be easier to handle than her mother

*** Update: December 14th ***
Just wanted to post a tiny update on my family. This time I only needed 5 children until getting a heir (4th child was the heir, but she had a twin brother).

Here is a picture of my heir (generation 2):

Lab Assistant
#500 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 5:51 AM
A new update for the Prince Family.

Enjoy!

Page 20 of 46