Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:50 AM
Default Foundation issues since latest patch?
I hadn't played for a while being caught up in a different game and returned to Sims 4 after the Dec patch and I tried to build a new house. I was unable to change the height of the foundation. Initially I thought I had just forgotten so I checked online and it is the way I remembered it but I do not have the option to change the foundation from flush with the ground. I do not have any building mods and things were fine with mods before the patch. I didn't see anything about foundations in the patch notes? Am I missing something? Or did EA break the game and need to patch it again?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 2:02 AM
BTW I disabled all mods and I still have no option to change foundation heights
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
BTW I disabled all mods and I still have no option to change foundation heights

The foundation slider is connected to rooms now. You should have arrows come up on your existing foundations or when you build a new one. They got rid of it in the foundation area of build mode with the terrain update.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 2:33 AM
Thankyou. I will check that out. I must have missed it in the patch notes.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
Thankyou. I will check that out. I must have missed it in the patch notes.

I'm not sure it was, actually. I learned about it during one of the livestreams about the terrain changes. I'm just thrilled we can actually have a house on a foundation now and a shed in the backyard that isn't!