Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:34 AM
Default City of the Sun God - Ancient Egyptian fantasy world.

Hello!
I love World Adventures and all it's features, but found Al Simhara too modern. So I decided to create this world, it will feature regular lots, tombs, fantasy elements and story-rich families. (And I'm thinking about creating the Gods in population!)

This world will include CC, but i'll keep it at minimum.
It has some recolors, and it's own ini files and color ramps.
Map size is largest.
There will be no roads, meaning no cars etc.

I'm thinking about to add Egyptian town resource, for proper ambiance and Egyptian music. It will still show in menu, not like the vacation destinations! But I tested this before, the downside is when you add this resource to the world, fake adventures pop up. So what's your opinion, should I add it?

Pictures:
The port:

Market Square:

Temple of Ra:

Other pictures:

Overall:

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:32 AM
Wow! Looks fantastic! I especially like your market stalls (been trying to make one for my Greek world).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:59 PM
OMG YES I need it <3
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:52 PM
Looks great! Glad youre using the largest map!!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 5:32 PM
I love it! This is the kind of world I like
And you've made some cool recolors like the papyrus plants, nice!

If you want some feedback, I'm not sure about the military watchtower in the second picture, it looks too modern and a bit out of place.

The rest looks amazing, great job!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:43 PM
This looks amazing! My only concern is the no roads. I totally understand that you do not want the look of the cars, but I have found some large worlds with no roads are basically unplayable. Unless you teleport sims it just takes way too long to get to places. I have generally/often looked at them and said they are very nice, and then deleted them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:57 PM
Thank you for all your replies!

Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
I love it! This is the kind of world I like
And you've made some cool recolors like the papyrus plants, nice!

If you want some feedback, I'm not sure about the military watchtower in the second picture, it looks too modern and a bit out of place.

The rest looks amazing, great job!

You're right, I was also unsure about the tower, probably delete it soon. I should build more ancient-looking watchtower. Thank you for your feedback!

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
This looks amazing! My only concern is the no roads. I totally understand that you do not want the look of the cars, but I have found some large worlds with no roads are basically unplayable. Unless you teleport sims it just takes way too long to get to places. I have generally/often looked at them and said they are very nice, and then deleted them.

Yeah, and in addition it's a real pain for vampires. But cars may ruin the world's atmosphere...
I must say that I have cash registers in market building (like Al Simhara), I placed them because I don't want the world to be just decoractive, but also playable. I'm also thinking about adding Egyptian resource, which means townies walk to destinations instead of using car. Maybe roads would be good with Egyptian resource - so only active household will use cars. What's your opinion about this?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:25 PM
You cold maybe 'fix' the cash register 'issue' by using this? http://modthesims.info/d/464842 maybe more of the medieval things they've made could be useful, via recolors and such?

The egyptian resource could be useful, and maybe adding horses to the households?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eira_Karanir
You cold maybe 'fix' the cash register 'issue' by using this? http://modthesims.info/d/464842 maybe more of the medieval things they've made could be useful, via recolors and such?

The egyptian resource could be useful, and maybe adding horses to the households?

That will really help, thank you so much!
The resource also spawns fake adventures :/ So I'm still unsure about it. I don't have Pets EP so I can't add horses...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:26 PM
Well, I, personally, am not worried about the fake adventures, maybe some 'ancient' tombs/ruins/abandoned village could be added to fulfill that, but I wouldn't worry.

People can add horses themselves, you don't have to do it all by yourself

I'm in love with how it looks, and it fits very well with some story I've been wanting to play for years. Thank you for sharing your progress
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:21 AM
One option is to use the llamas in a heck of a lot of locations. One issue though is they are great for a single sim, but if you want a group of sims to go somewhere together in a large world there may be problems. Unless you teleport/llama them one at a time? And nonplayables will not use them I believe, so they will take a long time to get to places that are far apart. Large worlds have some plusses, but also add to the challenges.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:19 PM
I like the no roads aspect - ice-cream trucks and taxis are a definite no in such a world as yours... Maybe you could use the subway system? Disguise the modern looking subway entrances to look like caves or something... Otherwise you can always use horses to go places, but that implies Pets.

Love the aspect of it, can't wait to see more. And if you get good feed back from Nilxis, you're definitely on the good way!

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:18 AM
One problem with subways is others will not use them. I was heading that direction in a world I am doing. There is a NPCs can use subways mod I got but I have not tried it yet. If subways are used maybe put them in basements?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freya5
I like the no roads aspect - ice-cream trucks and taxis are a definite no in such a world as yours... Maybe you could use the subway system? Disguise the modern looking subway entrances to look like caves or something... Otherwise you can always use horses to go places, but that implies Pets.

Love the aspect of it, can't wait to see more. And if you get good feed back from Nilxis, you're definitely on the good way!

Maybe recoloring the subway will fit the world more, but I'm still unsure... Maybe I'll go with LLAMA. Actually the town center will be small, so all lots like market, tavern, etc will be close to each other. The other sections of the world will include tombs, adventure lots, ruins, etc. I'll make uber-dive wells to some distant lots. But still, the world needs a teleport system like LLAMA or subway...

And I really love Nilxis's work, he inspires me so much!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:42 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 8th Jan 2018 at 6:53 PM.
Looks awesome- loving the mix of magical and realistic! Would definitely love to see massive temples like at Luxor, with Avenues of Sphinxes and funerary temples. Also temples that are built into the water, with docks for boats.

Have you seen Prince of Egypt? It's fiction, but they got the ancient Egyptian sense of monumentality and mysticism down really great.

http://lasaineportfolio.blogspot.ca/2007/10/thanks.html
http://www.iamag.co/features/the-pr...art-collection/
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/s...gypt.453075507/

Also @HarVee is a good resource for a lot of Egypt-related stuff.

I'm also definitely interested in finding a way to use Egypt world resources in normal worlds- especially for Eastlands, where I really want to find a way to use the Egypt ambient sounds (instead of the typical birds).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 7:43 AM
Thank you so much for sharing ideas! There will be lots of funerary temples
I couldn't find Harvee's Sims 3 stuff, could you post a link?

I saw your Eastlands project, it's truly amazing! There's a thread about resources and it includes an Egyptian-non vacation world discussion: http://modthesims.info/t/424374
In summary, I just replaced the byte 06. Al Simhara's resource was like this: 01 00 48 DB 59 08 01 00 00 00. I changed it to 01 00 48 DB 59 08 00 00 00 00.
Theorist
#17 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:14 AM
Llama machines?? Bit out of place here I would have thought...?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
Thank you so much for sharing ideas! There will be lots of funerary temples
I couldn't find Harvee's Sims 3 stuff, could you post a link?

I saw your Eastlands project, it's truly amazing! There's a thread about resources and it includes an Egyptian-non vacation world discussion: http://modthesims.info/t/424374
In summary, I just replaced the byte 06. Al Simhara's resource was like this: 01 00 48 DB 59 08 01 00 00 00. I changed it to 01 00 48 DB 59 08 00 00 00 00.

You can just PM HarVee, not sure if he's still on, but it's mainly for knowledge, he lives there and knows a lot about ancient Egypt.

Very cool! Does turning the world into an Egyptian world change anything else? Like does it force missions or anything?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Llama machines?? Bit out of place here I would have thought...?

I'm still unsure about it...

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Very cool! Does turning the world into an Egyptian world change anything else? Like does it force missions or anything?

Here's the changes I noticed:
-Correct logo for tombs
-Explorers
-Egyptian NPCs
-All people living in the town will have Egyptian icon,
-All people except active household will walk to destinations,
-Egyptian music in map view
-In market lot, a special merchant NPC will spawn,
-Egyptian relics in market cash register,
-And unfortunately... fake, non-existent adventures.

I never tried to accept a fake adventure mission though. Don't know what happens when I accept it.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:07 AM
Interesting!

Did it also change the ambient sounds as well? Default worlds have bird noises, whereas Al Sinhala has desert wind noises.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:43 PM
Maybe you the 'fake' adventures could be disguised as 'mission from the Gods'? ._. I like how it sounds if you mark it as Egyptian
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Interesting!

Did it also change the ambient sounds as well? Default worlds have bird noises, whereas Al Sinhala has desert wind noises.

I didn't pay attention, but I'm thinking about exporting the world with Egyptian resource soon, for testing. If I notice anything else, I'll post here!

Quote: Originally posted by Eira_Karanir
Maybe you the 'fake' adventures could be disguised as 'mission from the Gods'? ._. I like how it sounds if you mark it as Egyptian

I tried to export a world with Egyptian resource a very long time ago, and if I remember correctly, the adventures take place in non-existent lots. So I think they are unplayable... I test the resource again very soon, and I'll try to accept one of these fake adventures and see what happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:13 PM
Okay, I tested the resource again, after a long time. Unfortunately I didn't notice a different ambient sound, it was birds and a distant wind.
And about fake adventures, when I try to accept one, it dissappears. I checked the adventures tab in Sim panel, and it wasn't there. Better than I expected :D

Anyway, here's a small update, hope you like!

Fishing grounds and the flying waterfall:

Bridge to the fishing zone:

This bridge will be connected to the road to graveyard:

Heart of Chaos - a lake dedicated to Set:

It functions as fishing ground, I'll place deathfish and mummyfish spawners here.
#24 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:22 AM
Flying rocks! That's the fantasy content I've been looking for!

Nah, @jje1000 HarVee is a liar. He lied to everyone about living in Egypt. He's not Egyptian and never been to Egypt in his entire life. His account is also banned.

I agree for adding road due to long-distance road trip convenience in large world, but in condition to disable vehicles, players must disable the vehicles by themselves via Nraas Traffic setting.
And for vehicles, there is horse transportation. Roman Gladiator Chariot and Parking Space But this requires Ambitions EP (cloned from bike) and counted adding more CC as well.
The rest of other transportation, players who owns Pets EP can use horses.

By the way how many residential and community lots are there? How many collectible spawners? Are there adventure tombs?

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:15 AM
There will be lots of adventure tombs! I didn't add spawners yet, I'm planning to complete all lots before that.
For now, there are 17 lots total - 10 commercial, 7 residental, but this number will increase, at least 50-60. There will be a base camp, too.
I'm still not sure about roads, it really annoys me to see cars and taxis in a historical world. But there will be a teleportation system for sure.
Page 1 of 2