Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#226 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh good- thanks @Justpetro !

ETA: Done!

LOL at Nervous in the wheel - BUT where did you get that lab rat in a wheel?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#227 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
where did you get that lab rat in a wheel?

It's in this set:
http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/kativip...class/12-1-0-89
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#228 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
Yes, @simsample just as petro said, feel free to change and edit your pictures. Make sure all the pictures match the new look.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#229 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:09 AM
Field Researcher
#230 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:08 PM
Default Round 2 Entry: Grunt
I finished my round 2 entry at the weekend, and let it sit for a few days before taking pictures, but here it is. For this round I chose the Grunts:

Quote:
The Grunt family A military family of four males. Father and widower General Buzz, teenage sons Tank and Ripp and child age Buck. Requirements: 3-4 bedrooms and something to keep fit that isn't a radio or TV. Bio's:The General likes to have his clocks set to military time. He used to enjoy barbershop quartet singing, but that is classified information. Tank Grunt wants to be just like his old man. He spends his days lifting heavy things, dodging imaginary bullets, and being bigger than the other guy, but deep down inside, he wonders if anyone really knows who he is. Ripp totally doesn't care what you think of him. He is going to do whatever he wants to do, which is mostly what everyone else is doing. More than anything else, Buck wants to be a pet stylist to the stars. He spends a lot of time wondering why his father never seems to notice him.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#231 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:46 PM
I like the idea that General Grunt has somehow managed to set an analog clock to military time.
Mad Poster
#232 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM
Good work, all of you. I enjoy this round's entries very much!
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:20 PM Last edited by randomlyyellstuff : 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:47 AM.
Round Two Entry: 2 Cover Up Road - Beaker

Quote:
The Beaker Family
This science and medical family consists of Loki, his wife Circe and the adult ‘boarder’, Nervous Subject.
Requirements: Nervous will require [his own room and Loki a lab of some kind.
Bios:
As soon as he perfects his latest invention, Loki is sure to get the recognition he knows he deserves. In the meantime, he keeps himself busy by trying to assemble a nuclear reactor out of common household items. Loki is employed as an inventor.
Circe knows 238 different ways to make someone scream, and none of them are nice. She enjoys taxidermy and collecting coat hangers.
Nervous' hobbies include twitching and blinking a lot. Not much is known about Nervous, but his only personality points are 10 active and zero everything else!

I went through so many versions of the layout of this place but I think I'm finally happy with it! The Beakers aren't a family I've played much, so getting to know them was very interesting. I prefer a much more colourful decorating style than what I feel suits them, so that was tricky! I did find their original house way too dark with all the stone, so I tried to at least lighten it with white while keeping low key and monochrome.

I felt like the other house on the hill in Strangetown would be a good fit for them, especially since it's on Cover Up Road. I wanted to pay a small homage to the original lot with the tower and white exterior, while still modifying and improving it for the new family. I also kept some of the crazy paving outside since that's such a feature of the original house for me!

ETA: I use a Perfect Plants mod, so any inaccessible plants won't become overgrown/die.

On to the detailed tour...

That was a long post, paring down 21 images to 12 is no joke! Now I can finally look at all of the other entries for this round
Space Pony
#234 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:33 AM
@randomlyyellstuff , I simply LOVE how you managed to keep so much of the original silly floorcovering at outside <3 <3 <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#235 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:10 AM
I really like your creative landscaping!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#236 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:47 AM
Well, how good does that cow plant look in the garden Love it.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:50 AM
Thanks you guys! Even though they didn't originally have a cowplant I felt it really suited their research

@joandsarah77 just to let you know, some of the links in the table for this round are to the moderator only forum. I just removed the db at the start and it worked for me but thought you might want to know
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#238 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:20 AM
*head smack* Thanks for letting me know @randomlyyellstuff I'll go fix it up.

Two days left until the end of round two!
@muridae
@Kukamuukaanmuka
@quycksylver
@motheringthesims
@Emerald1234
@Mordant17

Or if you have put your entry in and I missed it, can you please point me towards it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#239 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:16 PM
@joandsarah77 - I'll be going right down to the wire this time, and posting my entry on Sunday evening. Have had lots of traumatic decorating issues in RL, and haven't had time to decorate for my Sims. I should hopefully get a chance to load up my game tomorrow, at which point I hope all those notes I've been jotting down translate into something useful.
Space Pony
#240 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:38 PM
Yep getting there, just have hard time to change colors of ALL the roses, even as it is fast as allready placed those. But naturally at wrong color.. and it may be time consuming if you have enough of those.. you will see what I ment when finally getting pics up

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#241 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM
Thanks for checking in guys.
If anyone is going to be late, say so and I will add your name to the board after the round closes. Missing a closing time doesn't mean you have been tossed out the contest It will incur a late penalty is all, 1/2 a point for every day over.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#242 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
*head smack* Thanks for letting me know @randomlyyellstuff I'll go fix it up.

Two days left until the end of round two!
@muridae
@Kukamuukaanmuka
@quycksylver
@motheringthesims
@Emerald1234
@Mordant17

Or if you have put your entry in and I missed it, can you please point me towards it.

i've been getting distracted quite easily the past few days and i've had to deal with a lot of school work;i will definitely start working on it now.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#243 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:37 PM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 24th Jun 2018 at 1:01 PM.
hi! i've decided i'll move the smith family into the curious house;it looks so much different and family friendly now.

As you can see the house has gained a more...family friendly feel.

and it's still quite cheap!

@joandsarah77 and @yavannatw i've improved the floor plan .

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#244 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:38 PM
Waiting for that Fanta drinker to post her entry, she has to take over the fermented fruit juice bar while I am judging (and she will not drink all my stock

Lovely entries, all - please make sure that you have posted all the required pics.
Top Secret Researcher
#245 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:37 PM
@Emerald1234 Can you please make your top down view bigger? You need to zoom right in so I can see it properly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#246 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM
Actually, @Emerald1234 you are missing your floor plan. It needs 1 shot of overall and 1 shot of the floor plan, the floor plan being the building not the surrounding garden. You need to zoom in until the walls of the house are nearly or just touching the edges of the picture. ~ Thanks.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#247 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:31 AM
That was excellent quick work, Emerald! Only five and a quarter hours from saying you'd start work on it to posting! I wish I could work so fast. It might be worth adding a close-up floor-plan of the house itself; I think that's a requirement.

I fear I'm liable to miss the due date with my play-along. I've only just got the Curious Brothers moved out. I don't do repeat play-throughs of the same 'hood, so I'm playing this in my existing Strangetown. Up to starting this contest play-along, I'd only played one loose rotation in Strangetown, so I'm quite confident there have been no big structural changes to any of the houses till now, but the houses have been lived in, so their value has depreciated. The Curious Brothers lived in theirs for 4 or 5 days till they were moved out today. As a result the value of their house after they moved out was only §46,406 rather than the §54,120 mentioned Jo's first post. The difference is §7,714. If I deduct this from the §80,000 mentioned, that leaves §72,286 as the maximum price before new Sims move in. But maybe I'm being a bit unfair on myself, as I'll a depreciated value for anything that I demolish, but have to pay the full price for replacements. So maybe I should allow myself up to about §73.000. I'm not planning on demolishing many walls in this house, and anyway, if Emerald can do it for well under §60K, I should be able to do it for under §72K.

Thanks Jo for your comments a few days ago about my round 1 entry. My idea of the red and white paint was to advertise that he was running a barber's shop. I originally tried searching on-line for a CC traditional barber's pole (red and white spiral stripes). I didn't find one, and thought of starting a WCIF, but then thought, "Why not just paint the building red and white instead? "He's in a bit of a dilemma over his wish to be alone, but at the same time needing to attract customers if his business is to earn money for him.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:05 AM Last edited by quycksylver : 24th Jun 2018 at 4:57 AM.
Default Round 2: 2 Cover up Road--Smith
I'm having some internet issues right now; it keeps messing up whenever I try to upload all my pics. I'm going to try doing just a couple at a time and see if that works. Finally got everything uploaded...yeesh...Is the bar open yet?

I went with a Retro-Tikki theme; I blame P.T and those Hawaiian shirts.

The Smith family
A family of four who look like they want the perfect suburban life. They consist of elder alien Pollination Tech#9 Smith, his adult wife Jenny, teenage son Johnny and child age daughter Jill.
Requirements: Each child must have their own room the parents an en-suite bathroom.
Bio's: The only thing PT9 loves more than his lawn is his family. When he is not spending time with his children, he enjoys clipping coupons and staring up at the sky.
Jenny loves having a career, but she wishes she could spend more time with her family, and maybe make some new friends. She really likes green.
Johnny dreams of being the hero that rides in on a white horse, or at least a cool sports car.
When Jill closes her eyes, she sees dolphins. She has her heart set on becoming a deep sea welder someday.

Lab Assistant
#249 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:34 AM Last edited by motheringthesims : 25th Jun 2018 at 5:57 AM.
Default Round Two : Beakers at 2 Cover Up Road

The Beaker's was misplaced and landed at 2 Cover Up Road, but you know they can't live in any old thing. Circe decided to do a modern style home. She did a light brick with double porches and a side balcony. She made sure that Loki's lab was on the top floor so that if there was a fire now there would be plenty of time to escape. Loki insisted that Nervous Subject room be close to the lab. He was given all the amenities of his the old room. Including a ant farm to become one with science. Because, Loki has set the house on fire more than once due his experimenting on far to many things so Circe decided on curtain only in her office has them.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#250 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:38 AM
Yah, so excited seeing all the last entries rolling in. :D

~Call me Jo~

Page 10 of 25