Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#301 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:28 AM
Let me know if you think that is fair, I haven't made over the Beakers house in many years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 2:16 PM
The Beaker house is a great choice for a makeover, Jo
Mad Poster
#303 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:41 PM

Just to let you know I'm still here, and hopefully will get my Round 2 play-along in soon. Real Life matters, and the fact that I'm incorporating this contest into my existing Strangetown story have held me back a bit.

Getting the Beakers' house next suits me fine, as I'll just swap the two scientific families over. The Beakers are just about to get moved out of their castle home and moved into 2 Cover Up Road, leaving their old house empty for the Curious Brothers (and their young children) to move in. So hopefully I'll do Round 3 a bit quicker than round 2!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#304 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM
Careful, @AndrewGloria - if I were Andrew, I'd be very worried about this playing in Strangetown. I mean you may be abducted and stay there forever, playing with the Strangetown sims Mind you, Andrew may be to drunk to notice.
Field Researcher
#305 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:07 PM
@joandsarah77 Are we allowed to delete the middle of the foundation and replace with floor tiles to save money? The outside wall stays intact, so I'm hoping it's okay...

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#306 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I think we have enough time for a party before Jo posts the next round!

What's in that purple-ish drink? Looks like Methylated Spirits!
Mad Poster
#307 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 6:12 PM
Bue curacao or/and blackberry juice Want more?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#308 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
@joandsarah77 Are we allowed to delete the middle of the foundation and replace with floor tiles to save money? The outside wall stays intact, so I'm hoping it's okay...

If you mean more than Nervous's little room, I have no rule on that. In non rule areas it's better not to ask since then I have to think about it. But yes that is also fine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#309 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:46 AM
oh damn I was so going to do the next one for beakers.. well NOT

So moving to grand General himself then :P

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:57 AM
LOL I was so used to you only red-lining the first/ground floor that I deleted the upper floors. I guess I get to go put them back in. Glad I'm doing this only at home. :D

Lauri
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#311 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:59 AM
Ellu, I think the General would quite like a castle. :D

lauri, well at least it's easy to get Maxis lots back

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:04 AM
Is it, Jo? I've never really tried. I just figured I'd look at your pictures and just put them back into place.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#313 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:08 AM
That works too. I thought it would be easy to accidentally delete the wrong walls here, which is why I took a couple of angles.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#314 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:11 AM
Smart idea. Now let's see if I remembered not to save last night, or if I did out of habit.
Space Pony
#315 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:24 AM
the easyest way, only if you do not PLAY the actuall strangetown or NOT have hood called N002 in your neighborhood folder. is simply dl Jawusas empty strangetown from here http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...31&postcount=80

Those are what I use as I trust Jawusa more than myself in those issues , other way is simply rename your folder at programfiles and let the game generate new one

Jo, yep he allready had a camo colored helicopter only need to find a way to fit the thing to the lot LOL

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#316 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:40 AM
I make sims 2 folders all the time. Each one comes with a handy Strangetown. Gina told me she had something like 12 sims 2 folders! Most I have had at one time was 7.

I would put it on the roof, or I would try to. :D

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#317 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 4:47 PM
I made some inspiring cocktails for the contestants
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#318 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:21 AM
Wow, spoiled for choice.

Just updating to say I now have all the judging sheets so tomorrow I will start getting them together. Scores should be up in a couple of days.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#319 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:23 PM
I will be careful and have a beer with the General myself

I stripped the lot down to just the required walls and foundation - removed paint, windows, etc. - the lot's value is just slightly above 20 000. So the budget is really adequate - I expect some great entries.
Instructor
#320 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:12 PM
Is the lot safe to use in other neighbourhoods (and for sharing) if I remove Sim Data with the LotCompressor after I moved the Beakers out? Last round I built the Curious' house from scratch in case I wanted to use it elsewhere, but this lot seems far more complex to be rebuilt.
Mad Poster
#321 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
the easyest way, only if you do not PLAY the actuall strangetown or NOT have hood called N002 in your neighborhood folder. is simply dl Jawusas empty strangetown from here http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...31&postcount=80

Those are what I use as I trust Jawusa more than myself in those issues , other way is simply rename your folder at programfiles and let the game generate new one

I use Tarlia's "shopping district" version of Strangetown. OFB is required, but you can attach this version of Strangetown to any base neighborhood. I've attached it to several of my testing neighborhoods and have at least half a dozen versions of Strangetown in the same neighborhood folder.
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Field Researcher
#322 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:35 PM
I'm using Tarlia's regular version of Strangetown. The Mac version of the game lets you recreate each of the premade hoods individually, but I figured that even for a makeover contest it wouldn't hurt to have some of the Sims fixed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#323 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Is the lot safe to use in other neighbourhoods (and for sharing) if I remove Sim Data with the LotCompressor after I moved the Beakers out? Last round I built the Curious' house from scratch in case I wanted to use it elsewhere, but this lot seems far more complex to be rebuilt.

I think it is fine to move to other neighbourhoods, not so sure how Admins will take to it being shared as an upload though. I could ask if you like.

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#324 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I use Tarlia's "shopping district" version of Strangetown. OFB is required, but you can attach this version of Strangetown to any base neighborhood. I've attached it to several of my testing neighborhoods and have at least half a dozen versions of Strangetown in the same neighborhood folder.
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

I know I was only talking about when I want an empty, no sims copy of the lot, what is normally occupied by premades

Plus just an advise, do not put the helipad with moveobjects on.. no matter if it is invisible or not, simply does not work when playing.. the darn giant thing has to have it's room...

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#325 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:35 AM
Scores will be a few more days I have another cold. I do nearly have them across to my sheet, doing them a bit at a time. This winter it's been one thing after another, will be glad to see Spring.

~Call me Jo~

Page 13 of 25