Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 5:36 AM
Default Sims 4 game is bad quality and CC wont work
So, 3 months ago maybe I tried getting on sims. I had just found out about CC and mods, and have been obsessed with the idea of it. I downloaded over a hundred, and hadn't downloaded any the day i wanted to play. The sims game stayed on the 'Sims 4' thing before you start playing for hours. I tried exiting out and trying again, but the same thing happened. Then I reinstalled Sims 4 and the screen was zoomed in, bad quality, and all of my CC didn't show up in the game. I became super stressed out and updated it, and reinstalled Origin. I even moved all my CC out of the folder in my desktop, and tried to play again. Still, no use. Please help me! I love playing sims CC and If i can't play sims again. then it will just be a waste of money
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 2:36 PM
Did you enable CC in the options menu?? Also, delete the 2 cache folders from the Sims 4 folder (Should be the 1st 2 folders in the list), these are created every time you start the game. Failing that, if no one else on here can help then try the EA forums.

Ķęv»Bõòţħ»Ëñğĺīşħ»®©™
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 5:49 PM Last edited by elivia : 6th Jun 2017 at 8:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KevBoothEnglish
Did you enable CC in the options menu?? Also, delete the 2 cache folders from the Sims 4 folder (Should be the 1st 2 folders in the list), these are created every time you start the game. Failing that, if no one else on here can help then try the EA forums.

I did enable mods and CC. Thank you so much for your help!!

I deleted all my CC, and added new CC, but it still did the same thing..
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 10:13 PM
Moved to Sims 4 Help.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 12:09 AM
did you see the bad quality only on CC or the entire sims objects?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 3:42 AM
I know some CC needs your games graphics to be on High to work and also for the game to NOT be in laptop mode.
If they're just not showing up in CAS i'm unsure of the issue
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
did you see the bad quality only on CC or the entire sims objects?

Right when i started playing, my laptop became super bad quality, and the words got a little bigger. The game seemed the same way as well, and my CC did not show up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
While I agree TS4 is a bad quality game, but you really don't think this is a problem? You can't just horde CC and mods without testing and properly categorizing them, especially with TS4 b/c it is constantly being patched and cc/mods get outdated.

My game has never been like this. I've played with the same CC and Mods, and like I said, I hadn't downloaded any that day I wanted to play.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elivia
Right when i started playing, my laptop became super bad quality, and the words got a little bigger. The game seemed the same way as well, and my CC did not show up.

Maybe check your resolutions. about CC, can't help you there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:13 AM
Maybe check your resolutions. about CC, can't help you there.

Where can you find resoultions? And thank you for the help anyway!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elivia
Where can you find resoultions? And thank you for the help anyway!

Check your sims 4 resolutions under game options.

and I have no idea how to check and change the resolutions of your desktop. Windows always made it complicated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 3:47 AM
Check your sims 4 resolutions under game options.

and I have no idea how to check and change the resolutions of your desktop. Windows always made it complicated.

Thank you so much!