Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 7:28 PM
Default Creating new life states (and traits)
I'm looking for a way to create my very own traits (most of them balanced) and a life state (probably a very, very large project). I'm not afraid of needing a long time for this.

I already read this Tutorial to get an impression of how to extract a certain file, but it doesn't help me to modificate (and create) my own content.

So, how can I do this? Where are the files, I need for? Which programming language (right word?) do I need to learn.

Example1: I want to create a new trait. It shall make a Sim have a max. Blast after fighting another Sim (whether he is winning or not) and it shall negate refreshing the fun-bar after a Woo-Hoo.

Example2: My new life state can be reached by giving a death flower to the grim reaper (usual way by dying), which on the one hand resurrects the sim and on the other hand makes him enter this life state. In this life state he won't age anymore and gets a disabled energy-bar.

So how could I realize those examples? (I want to do more than this :P)
Where do I edit them?

Thanks, if you are helping me.

Love, Zsynrael

Edit: I hope, this is the right forum. ~.~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:17 AM
Sounds like it could be a lot of work. I'm not sure I understand what you want to do with the trait thing, but the life state would be pretty neat to see.

Not sure how you'd go about this as I'm new to modding and can only dabble in xml files. Since this probably will be a core mod, you should probably start poking around in the game files (copies of these files, don't use the originals) and see what you can find. Until somebody who knows what they're talking about comes along and answers your questions.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:12 AM
I would love to do this! I have little experience with any modding, but how can I help?

"Polka will never die!" -- Harry Dresden
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff." -- The Doctor
"Mentally unstable like a fox!" -- Rodney McKay
"It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!" -- Sokka
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." -- Mal Reynolds
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairybug
I would love to do this! I have little experience with any modding, but how can I help?

Did you notice this thread is from two years ago?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 10:09 AM
I'm wondering if the MTS site staff have considered simply locking threads which go beyond a certain time limit? Older threads which haven't been used for a year or something.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I'm wondering if the MTS site staff have considered simply locking threads which go beyond a certain time limit? Older threads which haven't been used for a year or something.

On some boards older threads are archived. On this one, though, there are some old threads which have continuous relevance... information which stays current or where subsequent posts keep it updated.

I considered locking THIS thread, but I notice the OP is still active at MTS so there's a chance of an answer
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:35 AM
I know this is an old post, but I would like to throw my hat into the ring as an interested party. Personally, I'm interested in creating life states like angels and demons.

I've never coded for the Sims before, but I'm willing to learn. I also used to be a technical writer for a software company, so I could always be useful when it comes to documentation.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 10:11 PM
What would be awesome would be life states+Career Combo like Grim Reaper so your sim can officially be a Grim Reaper. I mean, Grimmy's very busy, so he'd need employees.

Basically the Life State would make sims almost immortal (slower aging after Young Adult, less chance of accidental death) and them working as Grim Reapers would have to be a career installed together with the mod, maybe even find a way to become part of the life state and join the career at the same exact time.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny
What would be awesome would be life states+Career Combo like Grim Reaper so your sim can officially be a Grim Reaper. I mean, Grimmy's very busy, so he'd need employees.

Basically the Life State would make sims almost immortal (slower aging after Young Adult, less chance of accidental death) and them working as Grim Reapers would have to be a career installed together with the mod, maybe even find a way to become part of the life state and join the career at the same exact time.

Interesting idea.

In theory, you could already do this with known mods, right? NRAAS' careers mod could be used to insert a custom reaper career. I'm pretty sure the grim costume has already been unlocked. Immortality is an existing lifetime points reward. Put those together and you've got Grimmie. It might be a good starter project for working out the kinks of a life stage mod. The groundwork for it is already there. All someone would have to do is figure out how to package the individual components (costume, career, and immortality) into one in-game event.

If someone with developer skills wants to tackle that, I will volunteer to write the level descriptions, chance cards, etc. for the grimmie career.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th May 2013 at 10:48 AM
Default Lifestates
In General I´d also enjoy new lifestate´s. I personally would even try to code one. So if you Need me we could try to do one.

PS.: I know this thread is some months old.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th May 2013 at 9:35 PM
i'd also like to make some new life states, I created a thread a few weeks ago, hoping a thread that wasn't over a year old would get people talking about it again, but none replied.
Instructor
#12 Old 20th May 2013 at 1:33 PM
New traits would be an amazing thing to have, since you can radically change your gameplay that way. I think it might be easier to start out creating a new SKILL rather than a trait, as you can work with almost the same rules there. Include/exclude Sims with [new hidden skill level x], etc.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:42 AM
Hi I was really interested in seeing this and I saw it hasn't been responded to for over a year, I am still hopeful so I wanted to try to keep the thread alive.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 10:02 PM
Hi guys, I know this thread hasn't been used in 10 months, but I have an awesome Idea for a new life state. God/Goddess. Basically, you can click on any sim and make them insta preggers, dead, change age, etc. I just don't know how that would work. I play sims since it came out, and I can cheat it out, but can't create things on it -.-