Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 12:01 AM Last edited by zirrush : 16th Sep 2011 at 7:39 AM. Reason: Updated
Default Layed Back Quests and Gathering (updated)
Layed Back Quests and Gathering

Started out as the Improved/Faster Gathering... built off that and combined with a layed back questing mod I was working on. Couldn't include the altered buffs.xml in both without a conflict, so just tossed them togethor. In short, this mod is intended to give you a more layed back, traditional sims experience in TSM so that you can feel free to roam and interact withen your kingdom without feeling trapped by a time limit or rushed to do responsibilities last minute that you've overlooked. Still get your buff for completing responsibilities, it just doesn't penalize you for not doing them. Also makes gathering a lot quicker. Was getting a bit repetitive having to go on gathering sprees for crafting, so I made an adjustment. Here's a list of what this mod does
  • Decreases the respawn time of all herbs, ore, fish, and leeches to 5 minutes (sim time) for common spawns and 10 minutes for special spawns.
  • Reduces the collection time of all ore/herb/leech nodes to a minimum of 1 minute and maximum of 2.
  • Reduces fishing time to a minimum of 2, maximum of 5. Also removes respawn time when catching nothing from the node.
  • Increases buffs from gathering ore/herbs to +20 focus and lasts 24 hours now.
  • Increases time before "slacking" on a quest to 1 week intervals. (ie. at 3 weeks you get your final alert).
  • Removes quest point penalty for slacking.
  • Removes debuff for Shirking responsibilities.

Added to new "ZiRRuSH Mod" version (lot of quest food recipes/buffs I haven't tested for issues):
  • Wizard's Clairvoyant Buff lasts 24h now, increased from 5. (saves you a couple button clicks, lol)
  • Research Rampage Buff lasts 24h now
  • All positive food buffs now last 12h, negative and neutral buffs unaltered
  • Larder spoil multiplier increased to 60 from 6, now most foods will last ~2 weeks before going bad
  • All cooking times reduced to "2"

Altered xml files (will conflict with other mods altering these):
Buffs, BuffShirkedResponsibility, Fishspawner, Leechspawner, GemOreSpawner, HerbPlantSpawner, Quest
New version: All the above plus RecipeObject, Recipes, Larder

Enjoy, lemme know if you run across any issues or have ideas of other buffs to alter.

Only choose one of these mods, second one does the same as the first + the other stuff listed
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Layed_Back_Quests.zip (68.6 KB, 683 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Made using S3PE. TSM P&N v2.0.1113
File Type: zip  ZiRRuSH-Layed_Back_Mod.zip (87.8 KB, 1020 downloads) - View custom content
Description: "New" version.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 12:28 AM
Awesome! You're like a Mod Factory!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 1:40 AM
Lol, ty... between jobs atm. Been bored and sniffing through the xml's and tuning packages. Gonna see if I can nerf the responsibilities debuff later and make a lazy questing mod to try and give a traditional sims feel to TSM if you just want to wander around and not get penalized for incomplete responsibilities or not progressing the quest. As of now, got it where each slacking quest level is a week apart (takes 3 weeks to get the last alert) and doesn't penalize your quest meter. Have the responsibilities debuff where it won't stack or extend the amount of time you got left on it. Gonna look through the buffs and see about just making it give you a penalty of 0 focus to begin with though. Would also like to extend the buffs from gathering to 24 hours for this gathering mod : )~ Probably do an all-in-one package for the two if the buff/debuff data is kept in the same xml
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 2:46 AM
well, which ever you choose to do, I'll probably download it!

Do you know if there is a way to make a mod where you can force a quest to end successfully? several of the P&N quests are bugged to high heaven and I'd like to just skip to the end of them and get credit for it, lolz!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 3:28 AM
lol, I'd have to take a look. Easiest route would probably be altering a common file so that you always end successfully. I'd imagine making a mod to give instant-success could get buggy when it comes to your alliance stuff.
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 5:12 AM
hmm, didn't think of that, I'm just frustrated because of the bugs! So many bugs!
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 5:35 AM
This is awesome! Thanks!
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 5:46 AM
I forgot to ask, does this mod replace your fast respawns one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
I forgot to ask, does this mod replace your fast respawns one?

Yep, just added on to that. This one does all the same as the original and then some : )
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:59 AM
Sweet! Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 8:17 AM
Any time... I'm modding some of the cooking stuff now. Made it so larders keep food from spoiling a lot longer and gonna see about making one oven capable of cooking all recipes. Doubt I'll fool with the cooking time, although I might make the well fed buff last long enough to get you from meal to meal. Gonna have you all sick and tired of seeing my mods by the time I start my new job, lol. Keeps my mind occupied and I like to see what ideas I come up with while I'm "studying" up on the mechanics behind TSM. Was gonna make an easy WooHoo mod, haven't figured out how to get it to show up in the interaction menu though. Although I did find a way of making it autonomous and lowering the friendship threshold for it. As long as they're not in negative standing with each other, can WooHoo their brains out. Another interesting note, the xml's have it so teens can woohoo in tents but not beds. Have no interest in enabling pedophile mode for beds, but found that a little strange on ea's part... guess they got free candy in those tents
Instructor
#12 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 9:49 AM
i don't think there are any teens in TSM so i guess it's not an issue they felt had to be delt with when they copied and pasted the basecode from TS3. unless you mean the child stage, then yeah, that's effed up. you can already get kids pregnant using Grim's mod + the wishing well. creepy as all get out, but kinda useful if you want royal munchkins trolling your empire.
Scholar
#13 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zirrush
Any time... I'm modding some of the cooking stuff now. Made it so larders keep food from spoiling a lot longer and gonna see about making one oven capable of cooking all recipes. Doubt I'll fool with the cooking time, although I might make the well fed buff last long enough to get you from meal to meal. Gonna have you all sick and tired of seeing my mods by the time I start my new job, lol. Keeps my mind occupied and I like to see what ideas I come up with while I'm "studying" up on the mechanics behind TSM. Was gonna make an easy WooHoo mod, haven't figured out how to get it to show up in the interaction menu though. Although I did find a way of making it autonomous and lowering the friendship threshold for it. As long as they're not in negative standing with each other, can WooHoo their brains out. Another interesting note, the xml's have it so teens can woohoo in tents but not beds. Have no interest in enabling pedophile mode for beds, but found that a little strange on ea's part... guess they got free candy in those tents

I'll take the autonomous woohoo over the easy woo hoo.....actually I'd take both LOL
but I like that my sims use romantic interactions when left alone, it annoys me that they only go so far, especially if they're married.
Which would bring up another needed mod with P+N....no jealousy =)

I never had a problem with jealousy before, but since P+N my evil, licentious monarch is getting fed up with being slapped in the face :P
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Mahariel : 12th Dec 2011 at 5:30 AM.
Default problem with new version
Hi, I've been using your mod for a while now, I've really, really appreciated it, and downloaded the new version yesterday. Unfortunately, it seems that it's not working correctly; specifically, although the ore is respawning more quickly, plants are not. I haven't noticed any other problems so far.

None of my other mods should be causing problems - they didn't with the earlier version - because they don't affect the same things. I've tried removing a couple of them, but that didn't solve the problem. When I get some spare time in the next few days, I'll try removing more/all of them just in case.

Oh, and just fyi, it's 'laid-back' not 'layed-back' .

Edit: Okay, I found some time and did some testing, and it was a mod that clashed, unfortunately for me. The clashing mod was Sim Recruit's 'Store Seeds in Larder' mod, everything works fine if I remove it. But it's a really useful, simple little mod. I don't suppose there's any chance of you being able to make your mod compatible with it? Or of including that function in your mod? Or something?
Smeg Head
#15 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 5:19 AM
The Zirrush version prevents a good deal of the recipies from appearing. Only found out when removing some mods, cannot seem to get the sausage recipies to show after annexing Gastonbury - though your mod does not seem to be the cause of that. With your mod taken out a lot more recipies are available, most of them look wholly unappetising anyway, but still no sausage stuff. I know you said this version wasn't fully tested, so you'll pobably discover the glitches yourself. Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks all the same.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#16 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:32 PM
I'm looking forward to using this mod. So many happy sims :-)
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 10:28 AM
I thought I'd mention that your updated mod also affects the cask. The recipe for Captain Grim's Blood Rum is absent. It no longer exists, so cannot be made to get a sim a two hour buff of +40. That was an important method of getting a sims positive buffs started up fast. I am debating whether to continue your mods use, or to remove it and add back in Moraelin's Faster cooking 10xSpoil mod. I thank you for having a great idea in creating this kind of mod, and for doing so, as it gives many players more choices.

TC, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.