Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:28 AM
Default Prepare for Wow!
Haha, just kidding. I don't know. =D You might like it. I'm not super confident in my ability to be amazing, but since I'm a total comment whore I love posting my things in as many places as possible.

This won't contain much of anything particular. Some stories, some photography, some drawings. I don't have a scanner so it puts a damper on a lot of the uploads I would be posting. Whatever, though.

Most of this is for kicks and giggles. You can tell when something is serious if it has SHADING. ;D

I just recently turned 18. I want to major in probably graphic design or illustration when I go to college, or creative writing of some kind, so don't hesitate to get a little bit aggressive with me. I like honesty. Just keep in mind, I'm a growing flower.

I'm really nervous about posting in a new setting but we've all got to grow up some day!

So without further ado...

Some computer doodles to get us warmed up. I don't have anything except a mouse and MS Paint. I have GIMP but I barely have an idea how to use it, haha.

PS - sizing? Pffft.

(LOL, crab hand!)

If these look familiar it's because you were lucky enough to stumble upon my DeviantArt account. If you have seen these elsewhere, they were stolen'd! D=<

Some more serious (as in, "real") stuff may come later.

She was just like autumn in itself, but she was a thing of life and not impending death.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 6:32 AM
I'm impatient. Here's a face:

She was just like autumn in itself, but she was a thing of life and not impending death.
#3 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 6:35 AM
You're really good!
Those computer doodles look awesome!
Really great job on the face.
This is cool! =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 3:20 AM
Hale, thanks so much! (Congrats on having the firt... and only... comment, by the way!)

HERE'S A STORY. I feel I tackled the metaphores a bit too hard. Whatever.

Color

It’s raining outside. I’m busy fingerpainting, but I keep getting distracted by the roar of thunder outside. The sound interferes with the rumbling bass coming from my speakers until all I can hear is a booming heartbeat. I’m lost in the colors dripping from my fingers, dripping down the canvas. Rainbows splatter all over my clothes. I love it. It makes me breathe faster. My arms ache and I move them faster. It smells metallic and sweaty and kind of muddy as some of the rainy air drifts through the window. The rain is making rivers down the glass and my fingers are making rivers down the canvas.

The phone rings. For a minute, I don’t understand it. It’s something from another place.

The phone rings again. The caller ID screams at me in pale blue letters, sterile letters, KRIS.

I step towards the phone. It rings at me encouragingly. I look at my hands helplessly. The rainbows climb wetly up to my elbows.

The phone rings twice more and then shuts up. The song ends and then all I can hear is the rain pattering and thudding and crashing outside.

Dimly, I go the bathroom and wash my hands. Rainbow swirls down the drain. The water runs inside and outside and trails down my arms. When I’m done, I go to the phone and try to call Kris back.

He lets it ring a good long time before he picks up. “Hello,” he says calmly. He was always patient.

“Sorry,” I say immediately. Looking at my painting across the room, it looks less magical. The colors crust up like old blood and sit staunchly against the canvas, bleeding slightly into brown. The thunder murmurs incoherently and then settles down again.

There’s silence on the other end. Something’s rustling. “It’s all right,” Kris says at last. “Just wanted to check up on you.”

I glance out the window. It’s only noon. The clouds have turned the sky too dark. It’s nighttime. “Why? What’s up?”

“How’s your dad?”

“He hasn’t come back.” I look down at my clothes. The ancient jeans are speckled in rainbow. It’s all over me and it will never go away. I can feel the color leaking into my being, every little particle burning through the skin and into my soul, like tiny meteors pelting through the stratosphere into the earth and embedding there, mixing into the natural rock like perfect invaders.

“You all right?” The crackling sound continues over Kris’s end. Then he breaths out and the static rushes over the earpiece at the same time the thunder starts up for another long growl.

“Are you smoking?” I change the subject. Tokyo Police Club comes on my stereo. Their music dampens my senses, and I turn them off. Suddenly, it’s too quiet. The rainbows glare at me in the dim lighting of my room and the lightning.

“Yeah, I am.”

“What’s that crackling?”

“The letters.”

He’s been getting nothing but letters from his mother. Ever since she found him doused in rainbows. It was my fault. It was raining then too. I loved to fingerpaint.

“James?” His voice cracks, just barely. He lets out another wavering breath. I can almost taste the smoke coming from the mouthpiece. I can’t breathe. The paint is all dry and flaking on my nails. The rainbows.

“I’m here.”

“It’s been a month.” Sensing he needs to elaborate, he adds in his own deliberately slow way, like he’s savoring the words like he always does, “Since the last letter.”

He savored the words I told him last year. When the rainbows rained from my fingers with thunder.

“She probably just hasn’t had time, Kris,” I say. I’m not the type to be rational. We both know it. He always was the one who knew, who had a sense for these things – who told me, “No” when I wanted to do something stupid. He told me “No” until it really mattered.

“She probably hasn’t had time,” Kris echoes, and then there’s another long pause. He breaths out twice. He didn’t smoke last year.

It hurts when he trusts me. I’m all he has and I hate it. He has to cling to the person who cost him everyone else, because I’m all he has left.

“I love you,” he rasps at me.

I stare at my hands. Little rainbows peer from the deepest creases in my palms. Little bits of glory that couldn’t be scrubbed away in the rain. There’s a quick burst of light from the windows and then a heady, instant roar, loud enough to shake my core.

I left my paints open.

“All right, Kris,” I say. “Okay.”

“Really.” He sounds like he really needs to say this. He sounds impatient. It’s how I know he’s about to do something bad.

“Don’t do anything stupid,” I say quietly. My own voice seems washed out to me amongst the roars and the determined hammering of rain on the windows, but Kris hears me. He always hears what I’m saying, even when I’m not saying it.

“I’m outside. I’m in the lobby. No, I’m in the bathroom – I can’t smoke in the lobby. James.”

“Put the cigarette out.” I rub my hands hopelessly on my jeans. Bits of rainbow fleck off onto the floor. They’ll never come out. They never came out of the shag carpet at Kris’s house, when he rolled through it and left beautiful rainbow trails, running from his mother’s umbrella as it came down after him on winging shrieks. The water had rained down on the two of us indoors from that swinging weapon, onto my bare skin, and it had felt so cold and so like beautiful terror.

“Are you going to come up?” I ask Kris. I can’t breathe. My breath is a whisper.

Something clangs. The only thing I can think of that clangs in bathrooms is the trash. The rustling suddenly stops.

“Yes. Yes, I will.”

Then it’s quiet. I can hear him breathing shallowly on the other end. The telltale quiet rushing of air over his cell phone as he walks. He always walks so fast, too fast. I’m sure he walked. I’m sure he’s wet. I’m sure he’s leaving trails of water after him everywhere he walks.

“Kris?”

Faintly, he says, “I can’t find the door.”

“From the elevator? To the left.” My voice is so feeble. The window cracks open suddenly, horribly, banging off of the wall and leaving a crack in the hotel wall. Rain crushes in through the space. It strikes the canvas. The colors run.

There’s a knock on the door. The only noise is the roar of thunder.

I can’t move.

Rainbows drip down onto the carpet and spread like rivers.

THE END

Inventor
#5 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 2:46 AM
ha i love this! especially the last one, that was really something special. :wink:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 9:04 PM
Thanks much, jewaukeela. I'm glad you stopped by! =3

Now for a completely seemless transition:
Some photoshop spam from a Graphic Design high school class. Full of images taken from the interwebs.

Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd May 2009 at 3:33 AM
I was proud of myself for making this so I thought I'd share.

This is my character, Izzy. I drew him in a sketchbook, scanned him, and then inked him on Photoshop using the Magnetic Lasso tool. I then colored him and added a background. I'm VERY pleased with my result even though it's completely amatuer. It was my first time using Photoshop on something non-digital.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:39 PM
Sta_r_obin: My goodness! I could see so many of those pictures as album covers, they really evoke emotions.
SlashMaster: I love your Izzy, he looks like he could use a hug though!

This is one of my WoW characters, Chalmers. I lost all of my computer drawings when my computer went kaploots, but I managed to track this screen shot down from someplace I had uploaded it too.

If the pose is strange it's because I drew him while I was thinking about killing him off (the bid delete). I ended up not being able to do it, I love my over reacting girly man elf too much.

This is another Blood Elf from WoW, but I forgot his name. It was someone who would RP with me. He wasn't a very nice elf, but he was also a real brat.

Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:40 AM
nice pics and a very strange story .... wth .... i i i love it all