Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 launcher not installing CC
I recently reinstalled my game and I re-installing some Sims 3 packs I had saved but everything I try, the install window grays and the message saying it is not responding comes up. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:39 PM
did you read this from the wiki: Game Help:Launcher Issues

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
It didn't work
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:28 PM Last edited by shmovese : 18th Aug 2014 at 7:01 PM. Reason: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Restoring_Installed_Sims3Packs link added
would this be helpful? Game Help:Restoring Installed Sims3Packs

and two questions:...
was your game fully patched before you retried installing cc? (Game Help:TS3 Patching
how did you un-install the game? was it following this sims-wiki guide - Game Help:TS3 Uninstall ? (including cleaning up registries?) i read several times that if the UN-install wasnt complete people had troubles with RE-installation or/and later launcher issues (e.p. playing/installing sims3packs) in general.
i also dont want to hold back there are ways to Bypassing the Launcher but thats maybe not what one generally wants. if you want to put in cc as sims3pack you would have to Convert Sims3Pack to Package and for installing lots How to Install Lots (sims3pack) without using the Launcher

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:29 AM
It's resolved; I just needed to delete the .bin files in my Downloads folder