Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Honestly.... IMO nothing is essential. You can start with a totally empty neighbourhood with just one lot for your families, and still have it develop into an interesting place.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Two Sims of opposite genders, one lot, and one bed. Just the basics for them to get jiggy with it.
These two ideas sum up nicely what I've just started on my game. It's worked, they've already had four kids (well, with a little help from CTRL-SHIFT-C ) and Straight Plains (in the downloads section here) is a wonderful map for something in the middle of nowhere.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 1:29 PM
I have a list of ideas of stuff to have in your town which you can find here .
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:13 PM
I'm a bit late in replying here, as the thread seems to have moved on, but I start my new 'hoods really small. The minimum is a house for my first Sim(s) to live in, and a shop selling groceries and clothes (probably mootilda's minimart). The house will probably be a Maxis one or a tiny one I've built myself. The rest can come later.

Teston Woods (my test 'hood) started off with a single Sim living alone in a little house in the vast empty expanse of the Arbordale terrain. Scattered around the landscape were a shop (mootilda's) and a couple of restaurants, as the first thing I wanted to test was the non-appearance of restaurant chefs. My Sim's first friend was his paper girl -- she was almost the only person he saw! Then I created 30 townies with the townie tree, and he married one of them -- a woman he met in a restaurant who told him that she was a general. It turned out she really was a general and she went to work in a helicopter!

New Desconia started with two Sims, 4 houses, a shop and a park. The shop was of course mootilda's. Three of the four houses were Maxis, and the fourth was a copy of one I'd built for Veronaville. I actually built the park to suit the landscape.

If I want to play a large mature 'hood, with lots of Sims and lots of places to go out, then I just load up Veronaville - my first and favourite neighbourhood. If I want to do something new, I can create a new family or two. Over half of the pretty Veronaville houses are still unoccupied.

A bit like Peni, and unlike Zarathustra, I just want to get started playing, and don't want to spend a few weeks building first. I really only build when I have to.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
You can take lots of ideas from the game itself, assuming you still have EA-made lots.
I agree that there are a lot of good ideas in the Maxis community lots. For example I learned how to put public toilets in my own community lots by copying from the Stratford Strip ones in Veronaville. I really don't understand why some people dislike them so much. (In fact the majority of my Sims live in Maxis houses.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 2 of 2