Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 7:16 AM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 14th Jun 2018 at 2:32 AM. Reason: SOLVED

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED Wall darkened after moving elevator
Don't know how to solve it. Anyone ever have this happen? I tried to knock it down and rebuild it, but it darkened again.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:51 PM
If there are walls around the entire elevator, try putting in a light.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:45 PM
@simmer22 I'll try it. I moved the elevator to an entirely different place, that's why this is weird. It's not attached to the elevator at all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:10 PM
Elevators are a little weird, and placing them at all can be very difficult. I think they kind of go through outside walls, so if you put them there they may poke through. It's also possible they lag behind, particularly if there's an elevator underneath.

Possibly related to the "furniure goes darker if wall is removed" and the issue where shifting down makes items go darker. Maybe the object think it's in darkness, and shows up very dark.

I don't use a lot of elevators, because they're a bit fiddly to get right. I did use a few in some larger buildings, but I put them closer to the middle of the building with walls around (possibly also some lights? Can't remember), and they seem to work fine.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I moved the elevator to an entirely different place, that's why this is weird. It's not attached to the elevator at all.

Can you show an overhead view of the room on the inside of those dark wall panels? Are there any objects above or below that area?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM
Might be worth trying the stuck object remover in that place in case the elevator left something behind.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:30 PM
@simsample There were invisible windows, but I removed them all by using the cheat deleteallobjects, still was there.
@Charity There's nothing there for me to attach the stuck object to.
I tried putting a light on it and it had the opposite effect, the spot turned lighter and at night it stayed lit up bright. It's almost like it's a shadow glitch issue with the elevator. Probably something they didn't fix in a patch of the game.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:58 PM
Would it help to remove the whole wall and then put in a new one?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:14 AM
@RoxEllen1965 I did try that, unfortunately, no change . I appreciate everyone's help.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:29 AM
SOLVED: I put the elevator back, then deleted the wall in between, rebuilt the wall in between, then deleted the elevator. Not sure what caused this, but I think if you take out the bottom with the move tool instead of deleting the whole elevator at once might be why. Deleting it with the hammer deletes the whole tube, by hand only deletes one section. Hope that makes sense.