Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:47 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 6th Jan 2015 at 1:23 AM.
Default Info | CC-free lots being marked as "modded" in Gallery
A semi-related update to this topic. So Jool's Simming has found that even lots containing no CC will be marked as "modded" in the Gallery if you have any CC at all in your game at the time you upload it (description of the issue with pictures here). The only workaround seems to be removing your Mods folder, or all of its contents, before starting up the game and sharing the lot to the Gallery.

I haven't seen anyone mention this before so sorry if it's old news! Hopefully it's useful info for builders.

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:24 AM
Thank you! I took the liberty to edit your post title to make it more obvious it's useful info, not a question =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thank you! I took the liberty to edit your post title to make it more obvious it's useful info, not a question =).

Oh good point! Thanks

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:12 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. I wasted a lot of time trying to correct my gallery upload to show no CC. Now I know to just note in the description that despite what EA says, there is no CC in this lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Davinia
Thanks for pointing this out. I wasted a lot of time trying to correct my gallery upload to show no CC. Now I know to just note in the description that despite what EA says, there is no CC in this lot.

@Davinia
All the same, you may want to take out your Mods folder and restart the game before saving the lot, even though it is terribly inconvenient: because the Gallery still thinks it contains CC, people will have to tick the box to "include custom content" in order to see your lot. Besides making it harder for people to find it in the Gallery—and even in their Library when they download it—I've noticed some folks getting a bit... confused... about that even when it's explained