Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:14 AM
Default How BIG Can A Bathroom Be?
Here's a random design question for you!

So, I'm sure many of us have made lots where we've had small bathrooms... 4, 3, or even 2-tiles (just room for a toilet in that last)- those are pretty easy. I caught myself wondering though, how BIG of a bathroom can you make on a home lot, without it seeming wrong? Some mansions or penthouses have particularly ornate bathrooms with all sorts of things that no mere mortal could hope for, but even then, how big is TOO big? What all can you make work in a single bathroom?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
#2 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Here's a random design question for you!

So, I'm sure many of us have made lots where we've had small bathrooms... 4, 3, or even 2-tiles (just room for a toilet in that last)- those are pretty easy. I caught myself wondering though, how BIG of a bathroom can you make on a home lot, without it seeming wrong? Some mansions or penthouses have particularly ornate bathrooms with all sorts of things that no mere mortal could hope for, but even then, how big is TOO big? What all can you make work in a single bathroom?

All big and still workable I think.

dodgy builder
#3 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 10:49 AM
Yes, I would say it depends on what you're filling it with.
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:18 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 10th Nov 2015 at 5:29 PM.
I've seen bathrooms you could fit a studio apartment in.

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
...what can you make work in a single bathroom?

You could fit in a walk-in shower, tub, jacuzzi, two sinks, a toilet and a bidet, a chaise lounge (or two),
all with an adjoining sauna, not to mention doors that open out to an intimate garden.

I think it might be fun to make and decorate such a room, but (personally) I can't imagine spending that much time in the bathroom.
For someone like me, bathrooms serve a function,
and that doesn't include lazing around in bubbles or staring at myself in some mirror...

I'm surprised EA didn't include, vain and hedonistic in their traits.
Of course, even without the vain trait, I have had some Sims who spend an inordinate amount of time checking themselves out in the mirror...
dodgy builder
#5 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:36 PM
I'm not rich and have to be satisfied with bathroom only serving a purpose. I love bathrooms, I think it's a problem that I can't just stay hours in the bath. All the things tsyokawe just mentioned, but specially the french doors with the intimate garden appeal to me. I would like the bathtub right in front of those doors.

Now I just want to go and build that house 😊
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 6:11 PM
64 x 64
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 3:44 AM
and fireplace, who doesn't like a fireplace in the bathroom? Largest bathroom I ever made was 8 X 12.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#8 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
I've seen bathrooms you could fit a studio apartment in.

You could fit in a walk-in shower, tub, jacuzzi, two sinks, a toilet and a bidet, a chaise lounge (or two),
all with an adjoining sauna, not to mention doors that open out to an intimate garden.

I think it might be fun to make and decorate such a room, but (personally) I can't imagine spending that much time in the bathroom.
and that doesn't include lazing around in bubbles or staring at myself in some mirror...

I'm surprised EA didn't include, vain and hedonistic in their traits.
Of course, even without the vain trait, I have had some Sims who spend an inordinate amount of time checking themselves out in the mirror...

Ooops ..... But my excuse is my stubble takes time to groom into a pleasing form ... yes, that's it! *Innocent face*

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm not rich and have to be satisfied with bathroom only serving a purpose. I love bathrooms, I think it's a problem that I can't just stay hours in the bath. All the things tsyokawe just mentioned, but specially the french doors with the intimate garden appeal to me. I would like the bathtub right in front of those doors.

Now I just want to go and build that house 😊

This! I'd love it!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe

No lazing around in bubbles and staring in the mirror- I don't understand. I feel like Downton Abbey's Dowager Countess when she asks, "What is weekend?"

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#10 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
No lazing around in bubbles and staring in the mirror- I don't understand. I feel like Downton Abbey's Dowager Countess when she asks, "What is weekend?"

Oh yea, that is such a middle class thing.
Alchemist
#11 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 11:19 AM
I dont like making being in the bathroom seem like a chore, when you're walking across the room to the shower, then to another part to get the towel you forgot, then back to the shower to get into it, then after back across the room to stand infront of the mirror to put a face on, you'll be bloody exhausted before 9am!!! I like things to be in reach, turn to the sink, brush my teeth, turn to the mirror chuck the face on, while being at least two steps away from the shower so I dont have far to go after that! Plus benefits of a small bathroom, 1 person at a time, so no one barges in while you're trying to get ready, and easier to clean!! Same with kitchens, you have a big kitchen you're going to get exhausted!! You want that big enough to be able to move, but small enough that you're not running a marathon round it!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
dodgy builder
#12 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 2:25 PM
All that is a matter of planning. You don't really need a bathroom to put a face on. I guess you have heard about those makeup removers?

It's fully possible to devide a big bathroom into sections, like have the bathtub with a table with wheels you can move around. The shower can have cabinets with the towels close by, it's only there you need them. It's natural to have the sink close by the toilet and have a handle or shelfs there for people's towels and toothbrush. I don't know if I bother in this game though. These pixel dollies isn't as lazy as us.

Having a bathroom 64x64 would on work if it was a bathhouse. It would still need to be sectioned.

This crazy spell library thing, how long will it take before I fix it, will I stopp writing first?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 3:35 PM Last edited by gazania : 21st Nov 2015 at 4:04 PM.
Hey .... don't forget spacious linen closets for towels!

I've even seen some real-life houses where if the bathroom is an ensuite, there is an extra closet for clothes.

I agree, though, that there should be some sort of sectioning of that huge a bathroom. My real-life bathroom is nowhere near as large as the pictures in the previous post, yet it has a nice water closet room. A really tiny one, but a room nonetheless, where I can ponder the mysteries of the universe without an intrusion on my musings should I forget to lock the door. And my house is far from luxurious. Some lot creators are obsessive with shower rooms .... I have a thing for WCs, if I can fit them in the house.

(I know there are several definitions of water closet. My toilet is in its own room. I consider that a water closet, and that is one definition. I suppose I could just write "toilet room", but I like the term WC. )

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.