Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:20 PM
Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to make some CC stuff for S4, but my main computer is a mac and it seems like most of these tools are Windows only. Are there some for mac I'm missing, or am I gonna have to use my old PC to do anything?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:49 PM
Yes, using your PC seems like the way to go at the moment =). Most tools do not need an uber awesome machine, so it'll hopefully work out even when it would not be all that great to play the game with. If you can network the two machines it might even turn out to be quite convenient being able to check things while the game is running etc.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:18 PM
After taking a leave I decided to come back to sims community, if it is less toxicated. According to the road map S4PE will be compatible to Mono, which means you can use it on a Mac machine. However, I personally don't own any apple device and the only thing I can do is to compile the code in linux. I'll appreciate it if someone can test the build in Mac environment before release.

I do stuff for fun.
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Yes, using your PC seems like the way to go at the moment =). Most tools do not need an uber awesome machine, so it'll hopefully work out even when it would not be all that great to play the game with. If you can network the two machines it might even turn out to be quite convenient being able to check things while the game is running etc.

Thanks so much for the reply! I guess I will go ahead and use my PC for some of the modding process - I can always still do meshing and textures on my mac. And you're right about the networking thing, I'll look into that.
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kuree
After taking a leave I decided to come back to sims community, if it is less toxicated. According to the road map S4PE will be compatible to Mono, which means you can use it on a Mac machine. However, I personally don't own any apple device and the only thing I can do is to compile the code in linux. I'll appreciate it if someone can test the build in Mac environment before release.

That's wonderful news! I look forward to it, providing it all goes well. Thank you for the reply :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:04 PM
Did something happen to the modding toolbox? Somehow the link doesn't appear to be working.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 4:36 PM
Sorry if it's not the correct place to post that but I would like to know where to get S4PE updated for Get to work, Kuree's site and the google results all points to an old version I already have. However apparently people have been using S4PE to mod some xmls specific to Get To Work. Which is impossible to me since S4PE sees all the internal files ( of a mod updated for GTW for example ) as 'Unknown' and doesn't seem to even see the xml part of it. Yes there's no xml column at all listed. So I would like to understand how come some ppl have an updated version..??
I mean is it hidden somewhere? lol
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 10:48 PM
Many xml resources have "UNKN" in the Type column -- if you don't see anything in the preview pane on the right hand side, that's most likely because you don't have the preview turned on. I don't have it in front of me right now, but the preview options are somewhere on the right side of the top menu IIRC.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:40 AM
Many xml resources have "UNKN" in the Type column -- if you don't see anything in the preview pane on the right hand side, that's most likely because you don't have the preview turned on. I don't have it in front of me right now, but the preview options are somewhere on the right side of the top menu IIRC.

Fiddling around the upper menu in 'Settings' I found an 'Enable Fallback Text Preview', you mean this one? Gosh it's a miracle, it worked. Thank you <3. Okay after that I realized I couldn't modify/edit the xmls. Fiddling around again I saw that the external program allocation was empty and selected windows notepad to 'Edit text'. Bingo it worked! I can view and modify xmls again without resorting to Sims4Studio. I don't understand what happened since everything seemed to work perfectly before Get To Work and I edited a ton of dds, prices, age settings, CAS category, mods etc I don't understand why it had 'reset' like that. But whatever, thank you again for your help Plasticbox :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 5:55 PM
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 9:27 PM
Scholar
#37 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 9:22 AM
Is there any tool that can compare resource names of two .package files?
I tried to copy resource names from s4pe but it can only handle one selected at a time.
If it was possible to copy all I could compare lists in Notepad++.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 9:38 AM
Is that five tons of resources or a manageable amount? You could do a package search for something that occurs everywhere, and then C+P from the search resullt panel (that has a "Copy TGIs" option).

Scholar
#39 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:16 AM
Is that five tons of resources or a manageable amount? You could do a package search for something that occurs everywhere, and then C+P from the search resullt panel (that has a "Copy TGIs" option).

It's a massive 181 files in one package and a lot more in the other.
The actual mods are MC command center and Autonomous Interections. It could also be generaly useful for creators to publish the list in the mods descriptions instead of a screen dump from s4pe.
Maybe this is a question for s4pe as it is nearly implemented but a simpler dedicated tool would be fine too. S4 Resource Name Exporter, s4rne.
Scholar
#40 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 11:19 PM

I see what you mean and I tried to search for 0xE882D22F that there are many of. It finds only one and it isn't even what I searched for:

0x220557DA-0x00000000-0x0224072D2A2C5142

Whats up?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:03 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:31 AM.
The search is for searching stuff *in* the resources .. not types. Try a search for " ".

Scholar
#42 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 8:56 AM Last edited by Morphar : 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:18 PM.
The search is for searching stuff *in* the resources .. not types. Try a search for " ".

It worked and I can use the filter to filter out types.
So the ingredients to make a resource name compare is there already. Do you think such a function is of common interest?
The creator of Autonomous Interactions liked the idea anyway.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 9:05 AM
I believe anything that goes beyond Kureee sitting on s4pe not doing anything is of common interest. =) But whatever you do, good luck getting him to actually release it. =/

Scholar
#44 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 2:25 AM
DP STBL Editor should be listed, thanks.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=564576
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 6:03 AM
Added, thank you =)

Inventor
#46 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 6:20 AM
Trojan Malwarebytes O.o
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
s4pe.0.2.c.7z is not reported by Malwarebytes as a trojan.

Mine is showing a trojan.. Maybe not the same version. I hadn't checked, but now as I look at it, I see it to be s4pe_0-4-1_beta\build.exe. Shows Trojan.Agent.MSIL and my malwarebytes is the lifetime version, is updated as of yesterday. I hadn't yet updated today. Dates for the trojans (2 files) are 12/27/2015 for the $RBVR7EA.zip (which isn't familiar to me & is in my recycle bin already) which is in a folder starting with "S-1-5-21" and the S4PE build file (same trojan title) dated 1/6/2016. Weird because I ran it after the 27th. I'm staring at my quarantine screen wondering if I should quarantine or not.. Being nervous I think I will as I can always reinstall later, more carefully.

I don't know if my explanation above helps but I hope it does. ^.^

Best to you guys..

EDIT: I just figured it out. I rarely have issues so it's thankfully not a familiar area for me. Those files were already in quarantine because I quickly quarantined recently without looking at them, apparently on the 27th.. haha.

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Mad Poster
#47 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:49 PM
Can anybody point me in the direction of info on how to get zerbu's Mod Constructor working? When I run the .exe the tabs in the program are greyed out. The only info I can find is a short guide to creating a buff but I can't follow it as I cannot access the required tabs.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 9:36 PM
i need help on createing a witch/wizard mod, one that create powers for sims
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:35 AM
FastDec for The Sims 4: Easy, Performance-Focused TS4 Pyhon Decompiler: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=594678
Page 2 of 2