Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Can I merge package files together that contain different types of custom content?
I recently found out about merging my cc for The Sims 3, mostly focusing on converting sims3pack files into package files, but I just heard about how merging package files together can reduce lag in your game. I looked up what program to use to merge package files and how to use the program, but the people in the instructional videos that I watched had said that they merged packages with similar groups of cc (such as hair, clothes, skin, etc.). The problem I'm having is that I have gone so long without merging files that I have 4-year-old cc that I have no idea what category it fits into. Could I still merge the package files even if most of the files contain different kinds of cc? I know having the merged package files with same types of cc would help with organization, but I have about 7,700 packages files and I'm pretty sure that I'm far beyond the point of organization.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 3:30 AM
I'm assuming you're going to be using CCMagic for this? The great thing about that is that it shows you what kind of stuff you have in there, so you can organize by type. I mean, yeah, you are going to run into "unknown" files; but for the most part, I just toss them into an "unknown" folder and don't merge (I almost said Compressorize.. whoops! XD) - I also don't merge XMLs or Scripts either with CCMagic, nor do I merge patterns.

I've got about 6,000 or so files, pretty much was easy to organize by type once I ran them through CCMagic. It even has a handy search feature, too.