Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:20 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 1st Jul 2009 at 9:23 PM. Reason: image dimensions exceed forum limits
TS3 keeps Glitching??
I got the sims 3 a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. But, it has been glitching A LOT. Well, gameplay isn't effected but certain objects (esp. new ones), sims clothing, and the bottom section with all of the info will have "Chunks" missing out of it or it will be so pixelated you can't read it Here is an example (sorry, the bottom info was glitching too but couldn't get that in the screenshot).
Notice the male's clothes and the floor

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h...en/Glitches.jpg

how on earth do I fix this? I had my boyfriend try to (who knows a lot about computers) and he couldn't help me. It's becoming very annoying.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:44 PM
Is your graphics card up to par? Is it on the list of supported cards, or is it an older model?

My graphics card is supported (per the package the game came in) but according to the actual game, it's not. But it runs/works just fine. Did you get any error about your card when you first installed?
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:45 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but things like that are usually a problem with the graphics card. It could be overheating, for example. Is there any way to test your video card's temperature? I've got an 8800 gtx and use nvidia monitor.

Actually, after taking another look at the screen it could also be a bad install, particularly on some texture files. Try reinstalling if possible.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:49 PM
That's what we're trying to ascertain. But first we need the specs.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:04 AM
Yeah, I will try re-installing it. Because that does make a lot sense. My laptop is brand new so I don't know why I would already have problems with my graphics card.

Will I still have all of my original sims when I install it again?
shiny!
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:40 AM Last edited by callistra : 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:56 AM.
You need to post your system specs if you would like help. New does not guarantee good enough to play the game. In fact, few laptops will even meet minimum requirements.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:55 AM
I have done some research on the matter and found that TS3 has major problems with high-end video cards, particularly those with inadequate heat dissipation. What happens is that TS3 will always run the game at maximum draw speed, rendering some 90+ fps in some cases, even though the game itself only runs at 30fps internally, so absolutely nothing can change in the next two frames. The net result is that TS3 kills your video card, forcing it to do piles of unnecessary work rendering the same exact frame, and all this power is simply uselessly expended to become heat, quickly frying your card and resulting in it shutting down, freaking out, melting, or catching fire.

A solution for this problem exists here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.