Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Sims 3: Awesomemod crashes my game.
Hello,
I hope someone can help me with this. I recently installed Awesomemod and ever since the games gets slows, sticks and will eventually crash. It is making the game unenjoyable and getting to a point its not playable. Also, since installing it I can no longer download things from the exchange to the game. Now, I also installed the Monkey as well to get awesomemod to work so it can be either one of these but I don't know which. How do I uninstall both of these please? I can't find anywhere that says how to unistall these programs.

As a side note before I installed these two items I had no problems with the game at all. None of the reported glitches others have been experiencing or crashes or anything at all. The game was working aces for me up until I installed Monkey and Awesomemod. Please can someone tell me what to do I just want to go back to enjoying the game again.

Thank you ahead of time. :-)
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:15 AM
Hi,

For Awesome MOD help, please go to MATY for support - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15645.0.html

For Install Monkey, read the directions and reverse them if you don't want the tool.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

I hope this helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:01 AM
thank you Porkypine ....the install monkey info helps but the thread for awesomemod isn't helpful...people say to remove it but they don't say where to remove it from...and the searching for other threads about awesome mod gives me nothing .....i just want to get the thing off...

i do appreciate your help ty for your reply
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:50 PM
How can you not know where to uninstall from? You put it there, manually. Follow the install instructions...in reverse. It tells you which folder you put it in. Or try using the search feature on your computer to find the file, if it exists.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:12 PM
You remove .package files from where you installed them. In this case, you would remove the .package file from your root Sims 3 directory.

Mycomputer>drive game is installed on>program files>sims3.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...3_Package_Files You probably will want to read this. It tells you how to get .package files into your game.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:44 PM
I didn't put it into any folder manually...i clicked on install and it installed i didn't put it into any folder

thank you all for the help.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:26 PM
VikkieV1. Did you also install the EA patch? If so, then you need the latest awesomemod update, or your game will crash with the first version.

Your package files are in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. You will see awesomemod in there and you can delete it.