Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:27 AM
Default Roof help PLEASE!
Ok..I just built my house..and when I go to build my roof...the roof doesn't show.
I have auto roof enabled also.
The peaks show up, or triangle looking things..but the actual roof does not. It's so frustrating...I don't know what to do.
I tried building my own but I got so confused and frustrated with that lol.
Am I missing something here?
Do I have to do something else to make the roof show up?

I even saved and exited out and when it shows the little picture of my house, it shows the peaks but no roof...I can see inside my house.

So if anyone could help me that would be AWESOME!

thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:36 AM
Only thing I can think of is to go up another level, because the roof and the walls that show when you place are on different levels. If that doesn't work, how many stories is the house? If it's too tall it may not be able to generate a roof as it would be above the threshold.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:51 AM
yeah I've clicked the little "up" button multiple times. My house is only 2 stories. Like I said..the peaks (triangle things) show up...but no covering...I'll try to get a pic.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:54 AM
ok here is what it looks like.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:04 AM
Hmm, I wish I could be more help. But doing a bit of googling on this, it looks like it's a somewhat common problem. As far as I know there isn't a workaround so all we can really do is wait for ea to patch it. Here's ea's take on the bug http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...st/0/33653.page

So either you have a low spec card that probably is causing the problem or we hope and pray their not just gonna sweep this under the carpet and never patch it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:10 AM
man this sucks...because my graphic card is above the minimum requirements
I just doubled checked..
So I dunno what could be the problem..
ah well..
thanks for your help though..

and if anyone else may know a solution, please tell me!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:10 AM
Have you tried going up one level?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:16 PM
yes..many times. I've clicked it like 30 times out of frustration. haha
and it's only 2 stories..
still no roof
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:10 AM
is there anyone else with this problem?
My drivers are up to date..and they're above the minimum requirement..I just don't get it....everything else works perfect..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:06 PM
This problem has been reported before, and so far we have no solution - it does seem to be an EAxian bug.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.