Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 11:49 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 31st Oct 2017 at 1:21 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What does it mean when youre not able to clone.. {solved}
...wallpapers and floors and is there a way around it?

A favorite creator of mine has some beautifully detailed opulent European lots. They're gigantic and I can use them but I love the wallpaper and floors and wanted to use them on other much smaller lots. Sadly, I cant clone them, change them, or even recolor them. How do I get around this.

The lots are separate downloads.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 1:03 PM
One reason may be that the creator used custom patterns that you don't have.

But there are instances of what you describe in worlds like Sunset Valley, too; so it could also be that the lots were made a longtime ago and a subsequent patch changed patterns or texture behaviour.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:21 AM
Ok I can get over that. An explanation is what I needed.
#4 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:32 AM
I'm not too sure whether this counts as an explanation.

Do you have a link to those houses?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I'm not too sure whether this counts as an explanation.

Do you have a link to those houses?

http://jeanpass.tumblr.com/post/119...ad-on-mediafire

I know this lot specifically has all these gorgeous walls that can't be cloned.
Alchemist
#6 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:11 PM
It doesn't look like the walls are included but I could be wrong because there's not much to go on. Converting the lot to .package and looking inside, I can see a tile terrain paint and some images of cracked walls or earth? You may be able to create new usable walls/floors by cloning some walls/floor and replacing their images with the images from the lot.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
It doesn't look like the walls are included but I could be wrong because there's not much to go on. Converting the lot to .package and looking inside, I can see a tile terrain paint and some images of cracked walls or earth? You may be able to create new usable walls/floors by cloning some walls/floor and replacing their images with the images from the lot.

Oh? I don't have it downloaded atm but from my experience the walls appear as in the picture but I just get the "Nothing to clone here" pop up when I try to clone/recolor them.
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:28 AM
I think sweetdevil means cloning in S3PE.

I haven't had time to look at the lot in-game or S3PE yet, but from the pictures alone and sweetdevil's comments I can tell that the creator missed to list at least three more requirements:
1. Monte Vista world from the Store
2. Last Venue of Amore, the gondola venue from the Store
(both come with new walls, all of them catering to the aged, decaying walls look)
3. The Monte Vista terrain paints that were available as a download from simalogue by MrHawk (now defunct)
Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:37 PM
You can find the Monte Vista terrain paints here: https://web.archive.org/web/2014082...ain-paints.html

Seconding Don Babilon, just by looking at the previews there's a lot of content that's doesn't come with the game nor is listed in the CC list. It's possible the lot creator forgot to mention the files, forgot they were CC, or assumed they would be included with the lot.

And yes, by "cloning" I meant using S3OC to locate some other in-game wall (preferably one with the same number of channels), clone it, and replace its images with the ones you extract with S3PE after turning the lot to .package format. I haven't made walls in a long time, but I think you need a diffuse (the base image), a specular (a darkened base image; controls shine) and a mask (controls where the recolorable channels are placed on the image.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 4:51 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:20 PM.
Now that's the catch. A lot is not supposed to come with any _IMG files at all (except for photographs or easel paintings). The ones I spot in S3PE now, are all part of custom content that has attached itself to the lot during export. The textures you described above seem to be terrain paints, however, nothing related to walls, and they seem to be incomplete - just the _IMG files with nothing relating to them, i.e. broken content. The cobblestone terrain paint, at least, does not show up.
It also has broken instances of two of jynx' rabbithole rugs and a mirror.

I have the lot now placed in a cc and Store free user folder. None of the walls from the pictures show up, they were all replaced with generic wallpaper type and basic patterns. None of the textures from the _IMG files show up anywhere. Walls cannot be cloned with the picker tool, but I can load CAST on them. But it's all messed up (like giving me the wrong pattern or three channels to CASt while the wallpaper has only one). So, yes, as expected, missing walls.

After placing the lot in a user folder where Monte Vista is installed, I get the same that you described above: the walls show up properly, but they cannot be cloned with the picker tool. However, I noticed another thing. Apart from the wallpapers none of the Monte Vista content that was used on that lot shows up, doors are missing/replaced, windows the same. The lot also uses windows from the Gothic Library, I think, but they don't show up in-game either, despite being installed.
This suggest one thing to me: the creator used decrapified Store content, and this might explain why the walls cannot be cloned; they are sort of there and not there. Internally, decrapified items are new items, but visually they might remind the game enough of the original wall files that you own to at least display them.

So, without knowing what other cc we might miss and without installing the Store stuff that we were able to identify in a decrapified version, there is no way to retrieve the specific colourings used on that lot. But from what I can see, it seems that you will find most of the colour schemes that were used in a similar way in Monte Vista itself. Apart from the masonry textures it's basically simple colours that were toned down a bit - orange, yellow, pink and white.

(But, damn, I'd really like to have those fences )
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 10:19 PM
Wow thank you both for digging for me! This is all very interesting and I definitely would not have figured it out on my own. It's a pity but no surprise.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:56 PM
Custard from site owner Delphy, now renamed to something I can't remember, is easier to use, and list content used in the lot as sims3pack files. You might get something from that.
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Custard from site owner Delphy, now renamed to something I can't remember, is easier to use, and list content used in the lot as sims3pack files. You might get something from that.
Not in this case, though. Custard reports the file as cc-free; there's nothing to extract and the bits of cc that were merged into the package file are all incomplete. Besides, none of it is connected to wallpapers.
Site Helper
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:56 PM
(Delphy is now Tashiketh the Warrior Gryphon. But his avatar is less interesting.)

Custard is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ghlight=CUSTARD
Edit: Ok, so CUSTARD won't help.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook