Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:13 AM
Sooo... arts and crafts, anyone??
I'v been poking around here for the last couple of months, and I noticed that we seem to have a LOT of extremely talented and creative people here at SC2 forums, so, I wanted to ask, does anybody do arts and crafty things? And I mean any type. Woodworking, sewing, drawing, painting, making jewelery, scrapbooking, origami, macramé, supergluing your fingers together in artful ways, ect. Share, please!! I love to see what other people come up with!

I like to do jewelery making!
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:43 AM
I do scrapbooking, dress making, painting, drawing, making jewelery, and I love to super glue my fingers with my artsy stuff. That is the main creative things I do.
#3 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:35 AM
I write and play music. I've been doing it since the age of 10.
Banned
#4 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:43 AM
I like to photoshop (well, I use gimp actually) pictures, and make avatars. I would like to be able to take good photography, but I don't have a good camera to take clear non-grainny pictures. I like to make any kind of art on my computer, especially 3D art. But other than that, I don't do any crafts or anything.
#5 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:08 AM
I like to draw, mess with my Corel paintshop, I also like beading and making braided bracelets(embrodery floss bracelets).
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:20 AM
I'm one of those people that can't ever stick to one thing...! Almost everything I start never gets finished, and the stuff that does I don't like to share ><

I like to draw but I'm not nearly as talented as many of the other artists here on S2C. I also write my own stories, sometimes fanfiction (but nothing I write ever gets finished). I also used to make hemp bracelets, now that's illegal in California ^___^. I mess around with a ton of stuff in Photoshop (photo manip, avatars, sim stuff, CGing my drawings, um... everything), some pottery, chalk drawings, watercolor & oil paintings... Paper cutouts, origami, a tiny bit of sewing... some paper mache stuff.. umm.... just everything you can imagine I have done at least once >_o

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:43 AM
I'm into story writing, beading - although I am not very good at it... I draw house plans (always wanted to be an architect) and I doodle! I love to doodle. My fave doodle pic below (done by hand - took about 2 hours to complete)

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:46 AM
:jaw:
omg eedgan that's the coolest thing I've ever seen! *applauds*

Anyways, I like to meddle around with photoshop, manipulating pictures & all that. I do blogskins and submit 'em to blogskins.com! And I do avatars sometimes. And other designing stuff. Basically I looove photoshop. Yay.

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:47 AM
I write, draw, sew, bake, paint, sculpt... uh... jewelry, bookbinding, papercraft... what am I forgetting? I learn languages for fun. Poorly.

For an example of what I draw:

Uh, an obviously unfinished Painter piece from a year ago. *nod* I sort of quit drawing to write. I like to think I'm a better writer than draftsman.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:07 AM
Right now, I'm only into meshing for sims, but I always had some sort of creative hobby. At one point I enjoyed origami, at another sewing, when I was in college I used to love making jewlery, in highscool I loved making friendship bracelets. I used to draw a lot when I was a kid and did paper cutouts too. Back then the carpet in my room had so much superglue in it that eventually had to be replaced.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:09 AM
That is stunning, astillac. I love her shape and her expression. Such character!

I draw, write, sew, paint, knit, crochet, do needlepoint make all kinds of jewelry (seed bead stitching, bead embroidery, wire work, chain link, precious metal clay - you name it), sculpt, construct languages... Anything I can do with my hands to create, I do.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:13 AM
Thanks, HP. Coming from you, that's a huge compliment. What do you draw?

Also, in general, I'm noticing that we're putting our favorite activity first - this is a correct observation? Just curious. And hey, can people post pictures of their work? I really want to see!
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:18 AM
Aww. You're sweet, astillac. And very talented! I just love the shading of her collarbones.

Here's an example of my most recent finished work:

I'm trying to branch out into more stuff - been working on an art nouveau/arts and crafts/steampunk website design recently with wood grain and a tree and stuff, but 99.9% of what I do, drawing-wise is portraiture.

And I totally didn't realize it but the order I listed stuff was pretty much exactly the ranking of how much/often I tend to do that. Mostly I draw and write.

Also, because I realized I had pics of it... Some of the jewelry I've made:
http://demused.com/irismoon/images/aurumbyzantine.jpg
http://demused.com/irismoon/images/hexchain.jpg
http://demused.com/irismoon/images/flatchain.jpg
http://demused.com/irismoon/images/openheart.jpg
http://demused.com/irismoon/images/victoria.jpg
http://demused.com/irismoon/images/...cklacePhoto.jpg

Heh, I also took those pics (they were example photos for classes I developed and taught on all of those) so I guess you can add amateur photography to the list.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:20 AM
I write, draw, do a little needlepoint, learn languages (well, kind of ). I like to sew my own clothes, but I'm terrible at it, and need to learn/practice some more.
I used to knit, but gave up because no matter what, my rows always ended up wonky. I had my mum baffled :P

ETA: How could I forget BAKING?! D: That's what I do the most, and what I do best And I forgot it!

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:21 AM
Ah, that was one of your avatars at some point, wasn't it? I can't remember if it was here or MTS2. I really like it. Steampunk is something I've always admired and never tried. Portraiture is so much fun, isn't it? Do you have a gallery online?

EDIT: Oh, that mermaid necklace! Oh! <33
#16 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:22 AM
Im into cooking, singing, playing the piano, writing and decorating mine or someone elses home. Im not patient with details really (exept for writing, or playing the sims), so I stick to things that can be done in a hasty, yet grande and artistic way :laugh:

I like to paint, but Im that person who wants to be expresive and flood my canvas with colors, so unless I can use someones garage or basement I doubt its my thing, cause it gets really messy.

(HP, your drawing is wonderful!)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:24 AM
sayyadina: What do you cook? Got any pictures? I'm a huge foodie.
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:24 AM
Yeah, I had that avatar before I switched to this one.

I do have an Elfwood gallery but it's sooooo ooooldddd - I haven't updated in years, literally, so I've gotten a LOT better - that one above I just finished a week or so ago... The steampunk/art nouveau web design I'm fiddling with is for demused.com (which I think has a link to my elfwood on it) which I hope to turn into a gallery for my new stuff soon.

Edit: That mermaid necklace is sooooo easy to make and a great use of old bead soup from projects that had leftovers... 30 GA sterling silver wire... string up about 30 beads per strand you want (I think that one has about 6 strands)... Start crocheting about 6 or 8 stitches without beads at one end, then drag a bead up and crochet it into the chain. Uneven, messy, loose stitches look best. You can do one bead per stitch or every few stitches, randomly. Continue till you have as many strands as you want, then kinda... crappily braid them together. Finish the ends with silver cones over the non-beaded bits and an S-hook or toggle clasp. Makes really cute earrings too - small strands up in a cone so you get a little puff of wire and beads.

Edit in the second: Thanks, sayyadina.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I do have an Elfwood gallery but it's sooooo ooooldddd - I haven't updated in years, literally....

Heheh. I know what you mean. I haven't updated my deviantart in... well. A long time. And I don't think I'm going to. But you should definitely get a space together.

EDIT: Oh stop. Now I'm going to try and make it! :D
#20 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:28 AM
Astillac, I have no pics. (great idea, I shall take photos of my food!)
I love to cook fish and seafood, make stews and soups out of it. Im also good at sauce and gravy-stuff. My recent interest has been medieval, and old irish and scottish cooking. Im at the point where I collect recipies, and try to transform it into something more modern (eatable...) Its fun, cause some of this recipies are written in old english or french, so I have to dig into language and history as well.
#21 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:31 AM
I paintand sketch when the urge hits me, but my biggest passion is photography, I wanted to be a professional photographer, but then when I actually started college I decided I wanted to start a 24 hour vet clinic instead I figure it can still be a side job/hobby
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:32 AM
sayyadina, you totally should! I bake a lot, as I'm gluten-free and thus have to make everything myself, so I just started snapping crappy shots of my food because I was so proud of it when it was actually edible! It's really rewarding.

EDIT: Just to inspire you:

Link to Flickr. Still can't figure out that linked image thing. Oi.
Instructor
#23 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:37 AM
I paint and scrapbook mostly but also drawing and sketching (Depending on my mood) take up a huge chunk of my time..
I do a wide deal of things though, I try a lot of stuff for a while and if I somehow don't like it, it ends up being unfinished.. I have done jewelering and sewing in the past but I didn't quite catch on to that so now I have a ton of beads and fabrics that I don't use, lying around my room.. :D

Feel free to call me Squash

Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 11:44 AM
Hmm, I don't scrapbook or use superglue (though I had a lot of fun washing my hands in nail polish remover after laying parquet floor in my dollhouse with contact cement). But my craft supplies for other media are extensive and well used. I used to love doing lost wax casting in high school, and still wear a lot of the jewellery I made then.
Some of my older work is at the bottom of the Scribblings section of my website (the top is writings) http://lakefront.iwarp.com/scribbles.htm though I think I should try retaking some of those pictures. A lot of the work I do is fairly miniature.
Some more recent work can be found here:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/...doll/art001.jpg (Folk Dance midterm)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/...doll/art003.jpg (first cast after surgery)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/...doll/art006.jpg (second cast after surgery)
I was quite proud of the casts, as I normally paint with my right hand.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/...ll/IMG_0636.jpg (my dad's b-day cake last weekend, the cars on the left were before I drove my mom out of the kitchen and could thin the icing properly)

And all my recent efforts have been centred around my new doll: painting, pastels, sewing, beading, etc. (Thanks, Shimmeringcat!) He can be found on the doll page on my site, except for his story, which is only in my notebook right now.

Wow, eedgan, I used to do stuff in that style, but never that neatly, my lines always wound up looking a little messy.

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:12 PM
I use to draw and paint years ago, til i got a job and didn't have time anymore.I had no imagination of my own so i use to find pictures with something in it i liked and would try to draw it.I found a tarrot card that had a half moon with a womens face in the center,i liked it so much i drew it, took it into a tattoo shop and got it done on my boob.I also like to read,play RPG games and games like the sims.I love making different kinds of jewelery,wire,chain,beeded etc.I love making chain malle.HP i love the stuff you made and both your's and Astillac pictures are so good.I wish i had that kind of talent.:D

P.S eedgan that is so cool!:D
Page 1 of 3