Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#15801 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Which one is XPTL's?

It's listed among their collection here.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15802 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 11:44 AM Last edited by Charity : 24th Oct 2018 at 12:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
In my game the name for the package is : PCSims-FunctionalMicroscopeNewMesh.package

The PC Sims one is Katy_76's one. Actually I'm wrong, there are two PC Sims ones. I wish the fricking graveyard would come back up; wayback machine is not working for me.

Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
It's listed among their collection here.

Thanks! That's helpful.
Mad Poster
#15803 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 8:19 PM
If you use create-a-child to make a Sim that has some recessive genes, and then you modify their facial structure before saving them, do they retain the genetics?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#15804 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If you use create-a-child to make a Sim that has some recessive genes, and then you modify their facial structure before saving them, do they retain the genetics?

Yep they do. I tried that out a while back, and irrc you can even change the eye colour and the hair genetics stay intact (as long as you leave the hair colour alone) and vice versa.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#15805 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 12:09 AM
Thanks. That's good to know.

On another topic: Would anyone who's decent with create-a-sim like to exchange a custom pet for a custom Sim? I really can't get a Sim that I'm trying to make to look right.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15806 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 12:23 AM
If I make an uberhood from MeetMe2TheRiver's templates, do I get six neighborhoods' worth of townies, or just a regular amount of townies?
Mad Poster
#15807 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 12:26 AM
Pleasantview has a townie and no-townie version. (I accidentally used the townie version and ended up with duplicate Pleasantview townies!) The other hoods don't come with any, aside from certain ones. Crystal Vu from Strangetown is one, I believe.

Mad Poster
#15808 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:06 AM
You only get the duplicate Pleasantview townies if you have a non-Pleasantview hood as the main hood and Pleasantview attached as a subhood, am I understanding that right?
Mad Poster
#15809 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:09 AM
I think so, yes. Unless you use empty/clean (forgot which) templates.

Mad Poster
#15810 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:11 AM
Gotta admit I'm a bit confused. I've got two sims in my test hood who are BFFs with 100/100 relationship, Roldan and Chesley; they're fresh out of CAS, but I gave them several memories in SimPE including the two having dated in highschool/university. Roldan is Fortune aspiration and Chesley is Family. I used the Sim Blender to make Roldan bi and Chesley gay. They're showing 2LB chemistry, and Roldan picked Chesley out of a room to say "Chesley is hot!" Neither one is in any sort of committed relationship, and both are in a good mood. Chesley wanted to Flirt, so I told him to hold hands with Roldan, and Roldan refused the interaction, only to accept a Charm and fall into immediate Crush and Love. But what in the world would have made him refuse the initial "hold hands" interaction? *checks personalty* He's a tiny bit mean...is that it?
Mad Poster
#15811 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:19 AM
Since the Strangetown townies are different (IIRC?), if you make Strangetown the main hood can you get both the Strangetown townies and the Pleasantview townies? Is there a way to remove Bella Goth from main-hood Strangetown?
Mad Poster
#15812 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:42 AM
There's a version of Strangetown that doesn't have Bella. I'd presume that would work but I've not tried it.

Question: Does anyone else have problems with Sims throwing routing fits while trying to get into a car? It happens particularly when my Sims are trying to drive their kids to school, and it always seems to result in them driving off and leaving all the kids behind.

Mad Poster
#15813 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 2:06 AM
Question: Does anyone else have problems with Sims throwing routing fits while trying to get into a car?

Yep! I think the whole vehicle/driveway system is just...iffy at best. I haven't ever seen it with driving kids to school, but then I rarely ever do that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15814 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 5:23 AM
No, I use the "Don't watch out!" mod by Pescado to stop that -or I think that's what its called. It's a mod to fix that behaviour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15815 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 5:26 AM
"antiwatchout," and I use it too, but they're still a little iffy about actually figuring out how to get into cars.
Mad Poster
#15816 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:39 AM
Here's an interesting question:

How do you convert a CL from the Uni neighborhood to be usable in the regular NH? I really like the 'Chestnut Park' in Uni, but when I placed it into the regular neighborhood and had pixels visit, it reverted back to Uni status and it threw off all the visitors. Had to return to the house I'd been playing because they returned from the lot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15817 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 8:26 AM
Is there a way to fetch or summon a grave stone or urn? I had a residential lot, when they died I THINK I sent them to a community lot (cemetery), but it's possible I left the graves in the house when I turned it into a community lot. Since then, I could only see the graves if I took a Sim to that community lot. Now some of the graves are missing.
I can't find an option on the BatBox or the Toombstone for a Sim to get the graves from where ever they are

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#15818 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 8:30 AM
There's a method using the Batbox. You'll want to pause the game for this. Use Inge's teleporter or the Blender to summon the ghost (they're usually under the Default family) onto the lot and make them selectable. Then you can use the batbox (you may need to shift-click it, I don't recall) to summon the grave.

HoodChecker also may be able to retrieve the graves, although I'm not sure how it works.

Mad Poster
#15819 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:19 AM
Here's Pixel Trade's method of restoring graves. It works a charm:
Tutorial: Restoring Lost Tombstones (pets inclusive)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#15820 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 12:04 PM
I'm not sure this deserves its own thread so I'm trying here.

The carpool won't leave the lot after my sim got out the car. I have to move objects on in order to get rid of it.
I'm looking for a permanent solution since I'm tired of it. I tried the Batbox with no luck.
I checked the portals. This lot only is affected.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#15821 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 6:56 PM Last edited by grammapat : 28th Oct 2018 at 7:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Here's Pixel Trade's method of restoring graves. It works a charm:
Tutorial: Restoring Lost Tombstones (pets inclusive)

==
But not quite. That link says I need "Resurrect any Pet & Sim by Christianlove" but the site is "not available".
It also says I need the teleporter cat; I have the Blender, which looks like it does the same things. And it says I need the mind control mirror, but I already have a hack that lets me click on any Sim and "control" them. And I already have the lot debugger (Bat box).
I will look for a "resurrect" hack.... Christianlove's downloads show a teleporter, but not for ghosts or graves

Mad Poster
#15822 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 7:02 PM
There's a method using the Batbox. You'll want to pause the game for this. Use Inge's teleporter or the Blender to summon the ghost (they're usually under the Default family) onto the lot and make them selectable. Then you can use the batbox (you may need to shift-click it, I don't recall) to summon the grave.

HoodChecker also may be able to retrieve the graves, although I'm not sure how it works.

====
Hood Checker ONLY has 2 options, Check and Remove. Am checking to see if I can find ghosts to teleport, and an option to "summon the grave" - which I've never seen.

Mad Poster
#15823 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Hood Checker ONLY has 2 options, Check and Remove.

I've never had to try this, but I would guess you run "Remove" (which actually means "try to fix stuff") and finding missing graves would be one of the things it tries to fix.
Forum Resident
#15824 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:17 PM
Does the “take for a walk” action do anything other than take your sim and pet away for a while? Are there any random chance events?
Inventor
#15825 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:20 PM
What's the difference between Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner and Lot Compressor? I made the decision of redoing my story hood (I have a backup and I'm pretty sure this backup doesn't have the lots I already installed) and I've been renovating different lots in Veronaville, which I'm gonna replace with Jawusa's empty Veronaville in a few hours.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 633 of 1345