Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#176 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuiSchilling19
Hey Cmar! Ineed a help with something. When I am going to create a DMap, a message appears saying the index was outside the bounds of the matrix and I can't create it, do you know how to solve it?

Sorry for my bad English.

I'll need to see your base and morph meshes, and a screenshot of the error might help.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#177 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'll need to see your base and morph meshes, and a screenshot of the error might help.

Here are the screenshot and the meshes.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Meshes.zip (270.5 KB, 6 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#178 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:44 PM
Here are the screenshot and the meshes.

Thanks! The error is because there are no normals in your morph mesh. You need to export from Blender with the 'Write Normals' option checked. I'll look at checking for missing normals in the tool so you at least get a more informative error message.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#179 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 10:18 PM
Thanks! The error is because there are no normals in your morph mesh. You need to export from Blender with the 'Write Normals' option checked. I'll look at checking for missing normals in the tool so you at least get a more informative error message.

Thanks for you help, it is working normally now.
Test Subject
#180 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 1:18 AM
Now I need another help. When I go to preview a Dmap, it got a weird appearance and I do not know how to solve it.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#181 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 11:03 AM
Now I need another help. When I go to preview a Dmap, it got a weird appearance and I do not know how to solve it.

That looks like the normals are messed up. If you can't fix them you can check the 'Ignore Normals' option when you make the DMap.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#182 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 5:58 PM
Version 4 uploaded with a new Bone Delta interactive editor and bone morphs included in previews and exported morph meshes.

Test Subject
#183 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:45 PM Last edited by SonnyRex : 22nd Jul 2019 at 9:13 PM.
Thank you for the fast update, Cmar!
I ran into an issue. My dog size slider is broken with the recent patch. I tried to figure out the cause for it. In CAS a part of the dog gets invisible when I size the dog down (around half of the front to the belly; the hind legs and tail is visible and gets resized correctly). The other direction works still fine. The other crazy thing is that sometimes this happens to the small dog and sometimes to the large dog but it doesn't happen to both at the same time; and it happens only when sizing down the dog. EDIT: I deleted multiple times my cache file.
In MorphMaker I've noticed that I always get an error message when using b__ROOT__ in the Edit/Create Bone Morph tab. It says "Bone not found: 00000000 Are you using the right rig?". I also get this message when I try to use this bone on a human or cat. So, is this just a bug or isn't it anymore possible to use this certain bone? I heavily used this bone in my dog size slider. Maybe it's the cause that it got broken or maybe it's something else... EDIT: I figured out that the DMAPs are the cause for the invisible body part(s). So, I'll soon recreate them.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#184 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SonnyRex
Thank you for the fast update, Cmar!
I ran into an issue. My dog size slider is broken with the recent patch. I tried to figure out the cause for it. In CAS a part of the dog gets invisible when I size the dog down (around half of the front to the belly; the hind legs and tail is visible and gets resized correctly). The other direction works still fine. The other crazy thing is that sometimes this happens to the small dog and sometimes to the large dog but it doesn't happen to both at the same time; and it happens only when sizing down the dog. EDIT: I deleted multiple times my cache file.
In MorphMaker I've noticed that I always get an error message when using b__ROOT__ in the Edit/Create Bone Morph tab. It says "Bone not found: 00000000 Are you using the right rig?". I also get this message when I try to use this bone on a human or cat. So, is this just a bug or isn't it anymore possible to use this certain bone? I heavily used this bone in my dog size slider. Maybe it's the cause that it got broken or maybe it's something else... EDIT: I figured out that the DMAPs are the cause for the invisible body part(s). So, I'll soon recreate them.

I'll look into the ROOT bone issue. Could be I didn't allow for ROOT not having a parent. IMO using ROOT_BIND is better, though.

Parts disappearing with bone morphs is a known problem. I suspect there are some kind of limitations to bone deformations built in to the rigs but I have no idea how they work.

Test Subject
#185 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 5:07 PM Last edited by SonnyRex : 24th Jul 2019 at 5:25 PM.
I'll look into the ROOT bone issue. Could be I didn't allow for ROOT not having a parent. IMO using ROOT_BIND is better, though.

Parts disappearing with bone morphs is a known problem. I suspect there are some kind of limitations to bone deformations built in to the rigs but I have no idea how they work.

Yes, I'd use ROOT_bind instead if it would be possible to give this bone an offset or rotation. I've tried it out but in game nothing changes when I set an offset or rotation of this certain bone. That's one reason why I'm using the ROOT bone. Other than that I've no idea why the bone scaling works in game different from what I'm thinking when I usually rescale a bone (for example in Blender or earlier in TS3). For example rescaling of the ROOT_bind bone: I set on the x-, y- and z-axis the values 0,5. I thought that the whole dog gets correctly proportional rescaled by that metioned factor. It's also the fact I'm seeing in your new preview. BUT in game something fully different happend. Rn I've no screenshot for you but I can take one. So it was already tricky to figure out some values which work (very) good...

I've also played a bit around... When I'm using my old DMAP and BOND files separately (only one of them in game), the resizing works fine (no missing parts). Now I've also tested the case that I put them both in game but in separate hotspot controls and it looks like this works also fine. So, I've rn no idea why the combination of both files in one sim modifier result in a partly missing/invisble dog. That's crazy. XD
(Btw. with the BOND adjustments I resized the whole dog and I got some very near/far away standing legs, so I added a DMAP which has fixed this issue. I'll try out if I it's possible to rotate/set an offset of some bones to get a similar effect. Maybe that could work, so I don't need to waste two hotspot controls for one slider though I noticed that it could be nice to get dogs with different near/far away standing feets. xD)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#186 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:04 PM
The ROOT bone problem is taken care of but I want to look into the other issues before doing an update.

Test Subject
#187 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:13 AM
Default Base & Morph do not match
I'm trying to make a dog slider and when I click on create dmap, it shows the error "The base and morph faces do not match"
link
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#188 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by benighted
I'm trying to make a dog slider and when I click on create dmap, it shows the error "The base and morph faces do not match"
link

In order to make a DMap the vertex position order and the faces have to be identical. In the dog base mesh the order of groups is body, ears, tails. In your morph mesh the order is body, tails, ears. There may be other discrepancies. You have to import and export using the options in the tutorials, and do absolutely nothing to the mesh except move vertices and change normals.

Test Subject
#189 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:24 PM Last edited by SonnyRex : 26th Jul 2019 at 11:42 AM.
The ROOT bone problem is taken care of but I want to look into the other issues before doing an update.

If you want, I can upload for you the "old" file and the separate files for only DMAP and BOND file(s) (and also one file which combines both in different sim modifiers/hotspot controls). I also got to hear from at least one person that the "old" slider works still fine. That makes it even more weird. In my game I had also the problem with missing parts. I think I deleted localthumbcache.package 2 or 3 times and the issue didn't fixed itself (only thing that changed was that the large dog instead of the small dog hat missing body parts aso). But I didn't had that problem when using DMAP and BOND separately (testing one file, closing game, deleting that file and the cache file, and testing the other file).
EDIT: I tested it some more times and I still get the issue with missing parts when having a BOND file in game but it was more rarely than therefore!

To the other issue. I've no clue why one of three options has an effect in game but the other ones don't have it though I haven't tested it out in detail. But I tried to move the dog up with the ROOT_bind bone but nothing changed (though the same value in ROOT or Pelvis bone worked fine for me, and I have also tried more than one value).

And again a huge thank you for taking such a fast look on it!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#190 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 2:42 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 29th Jul 2019 at 7:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SonnyRex
If you want, I can upload for you the "old" file and the separate files for only DMAP and BOND file(s) (and also one file which combines both in different sim modifiers/hotspot controls). I also got to hear from at least one person that the "old" slider works still fine. That makes it even more weird. In my game I had also the problem with missing parts. I think I deleted localthumbcache.package 2 or 3 times and the issue didn't fixed itself (only thing that changed was that the large dog instead of the small dog hat missing body parts aso). But I didn't had that problem when using DMAP and BOND separately (testing one file, closing game, deleting that file and the cache file, and testing the other file).
EDIT: I tested it some more times and I still get the issue with missing parts when having a BOND file in game but it was more rarely than therefore!

To the other issue. I've no clue why one of three options has an effect in game but the other ones don't have it though I haven't tested it out in detail. But I tried to move the dog up with the ROOT_bind bone but nothing changed (though the same value in ROOT or Pelvis bone worked fine for me, and I have also tried more than one value).

And again a huge thank you for taking such a fast look on it!

Sorry to take so long to get back to this - sometimes real life takes over.

Yes, I'd certainly like to see the old mod and your DMap and BOND files plus the new package(s) you're testing. When I tried the root_bind in a dog, the dog got bigger but the elevation of the body didn't change so it looked kind of crouched down, so I see what you mean about scaling not working properly. That could be restrictions on the bones set in the rig, or a matter of bones being fixed to a target in-game, like the way the feet always get set at floor level when the sim sits even when the sim has been raised off the floor by a bonedelta. That's just a guess. There's a lot about bone morphs in TS4 that we just don't understand.

I made some fixes to the bone delta editor including the root_bone problem, and am attaching that version here for you to use and test.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_4_0_0_1.zip (8.95 MB, 17 downloads)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:07 PM
Hi!
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I'm not sure where else to go to ask for help with morphmaker
I want to create a morph that is short, but every time I do the head and the hands end up like this https://imgur.com/bVS2Mkz (i know the ankles look funny but I'm still in the prosses lol)
also even when I don't mess with the height the body always gets mushy, just like in the image shown, regardless of how clean and even i make it in blender. is there any way I can fix this?

Thank you so so much for all the time and effort you put into this program!! much love to you <3333
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#192 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by micisoft
Hi!
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I'm not sure where else to go to ask for help with morphmaker
I want to create a morph that is short, but every time I do the head and the hands end up like this https://imgur.com/bVS2Mkz (i know the ankles look funny but I'm still in the prosses lol)
also even when I don't mess with the height the body always gets mushy, just like in the image shown, regardless of how clean and even i make it in blender. is there any way I can fix this?

Thank you so so much for all the time and effort you put into this program!! much love to you <3333

If you're using a DMap it just doesn't work with changing height, perhaps because the skeleton then doesn't match the body. The only way to change height is with a bone morph and those have their own set of problems.

Test Subject
#193 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 9:04 AM
If you're using a DMap it just doesn't work with changing height, perhaps because the skeleton then doesn't match the body. The only way to change height is with a bone morph and those have their own set of problems.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Thank you so much for the quick reply! :D
Test Subject
#194 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 4:48 PM

Sorry to bother you again.
Writing the path manually?The game is installed on disc D
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#195 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nuru
Sorry to bother you again.
Writing the path manually?The game is installed on disc D

Yes, you'll have to type or paste the path in. That Windows folder selector really sucks and I'll look into using a better one in the next version.

Test Subject
#196 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 1:41 PM
Yes, you'll have to type or paste the path in. That Windows folder selector really sucks and I'll look into using a better one in the next version.

Hi Cmar, how are you? They asked me a very interesting question today. I was asked if it was possible to use size / height presets on different clothes. Ex: Casual, Party ... Each use only one preset. Because the presets are general, and you can not choose on different clothes. What could you do for this option to be made?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#197 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
Hi Cmar, how are you? They asked me a very interesting question today. I was asked if it was possible to use size / height presets on different clothes. Ex: Casual, Party ... Each use only one preset. Because the presets are general, and you can not choose on different clothes. What could you do for this option to be made?

If you mean automatically applying a different preset for different outfits, that's not how presets work and I don't know of any way to do it.

Test Subject
#198 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 4:59 PM
If you mean automatically applying a different preset for different outfits, that's not how presets work and I don't know of any way to do it.

Yes, that's it! If you could set the presets elsewhere, for example in accessories, you would have to choose.
Test Subject
#199 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:12 PM
Hello, I have a question I cant export from a package a damp shape/normal to modify in blender I try to export it with .obj how it says but when I imported to blender is showing nothing.
https://ibb.co/M9sg6Fb
https://ibb.co/ZdvMv3m
https://ibb.co/6XkwsLZ
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#200 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by predator32
Hello, I have a question I cant export from a package a damp shape/normal to modify in blender I try to export it with .obj how it says but when I imported to blender is showing nothing.
https://ibb.co/M9sg6Fb
https://ibb.co/ZdvMv3m
https://ibb.co/6XkwsLZ

You can't export it directly to .obj, only to .dmap. What you need to do is export the shape and normal DMaps, then select them in the previewer. Then save the previewed model as .obj. If you hover the mouse over the save buttons it'll show you how to save in obj format.

Page 8 of 26