Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 5:28 PM
Default Underwater Living Theme
Are there mods and objects such as beds and couches that can be used underwater? I would like my sims to live underwater most of the time and only surface to work. So far, all the motives are covered except for the energy bar. There're sea weed and fishes for hunger, there's the underwater cave for fun, and the bladder does not go down underwater.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 5:29 PM
You do realise new interactions would be needed, right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
You do realise new interactions would be needed, right?

Wrong. I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly by that. But if you mean new interactions (as in animations) for sleeping in beds and sitting in couches, it won't really be new if they are the same ones used on land.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 5:40 PM
Yeah, I meant animations, sorry. My point is that Sims would have to swim to the furniture instead of walk, and that means they'd also need animations to go from idle swimming to sitting down

But best of luck to you anyway :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 1:18 PM
I just thought it would be as simple as enabling the interactions underwater. It seems like there are no more people that create stuff for sims 3, there are not even enough people in the forums. Majority of them seem to have lost interest in the game.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 7:38 AM
Don't know if this will be of any help since it hasn't been done, but would it be possible to have it so your sims could sleep in the underwater caves? There would be no new animations.
I'm no modder, but all I think would need to be done is add a new code to have the option to "sleep in cave" then up the sleep motive
And hey, maybe people could get creative and create clam shaped caves :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 8:37 AM
This is a fantastic idea IMO. When I first heard about mermaids, I kinda thought that this was the direction they were going with it. I was excited for that but I'm still okay with the way it is now.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 1:04 AM
Mod Request for Underwater Living Theme
Just saying, can someone create a mod that enables some objects for Sims with the "Lungs of Steel" LTR or the "Mermaid" occult that allows them to do "unreal bullshit", like eating underwater, sleeping on the ocean floor, and much more social interactions? The three basic "Friendly" interactions for socializing underwater is too little. Just make it so everyone can satisfy their needs:
Hunger: eating underwater (catch the fish, eat them raw, make Lungs of Steel LTR sims be able to do that)
Bladder: pee self underwater, or an underwater toilet cabin, or "Steel Bladder"
Energy: Sleep underwater (consider adding underwater beds)
Hygiene: Just disable it for Lungs of Steel LTR sims underwater. Mermaids don't care.
Hydration: Its auto-magical.
Fun: Make fun slowly build up underwater, since Scuba Diving is fun!
Social: Make all land social interactions do-able underwater (Friendly, Romantic, Mean and Special)

Also considering adding the ability to customize the scuba suit (for non-Lungs-Of-Steel-LTR non-mermaid sims) and completely change the Scuba suit (including the very annoying hat that makes you cannot see your legit hair) with any Swimwear things for Lungs Of Steel LTR and Mermaid sims, and also an option for Mermaids to swim normally (if they do not stay in their tail) and remove their scales on land (THAT IS BULLSHIT, making them NOT REALISTIC unless they wear high heals and jeans but that is not always). Also disable the cave monster: its useless, unlike sharks, it does not drop valuables if defeated, and you cannot defeat it.

Try to reply ASAP and build a mod that integrates all those features: it will be hard but exciting!

Happy simming
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:47 PM
Well..to those 2 you could add..that it is actually possible to do..would not happen otherwise!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Necroing a request thread. Double whammy. Nobody reads the rules anymore?

Don't forget all the bold text and underlining.
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Don't forget all the bold text and underlining.

I only mod things that are in bold and underlined.