Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:12 PM
Default Potent Skill booster and fountain of youth potion
In two games now, I've found that a sim can use a potent skill booster only once; that trying to use a skill booster a second time doesn't work. Is this a bug or a feature?

Also, I'm at a loss when I click at a sim's Fountain of Youth potion (the supernatural one, not the logic Young again ) and found that in a crowd of about a dozen sims, he could throw it at only two sims. Huh. Never seen that before. There was a sim who was preggers I was going to throw it at, but that it didn't show up. I ran into her again when she was out with the baby, and it still failed. So, what's up with that?

Ever since I had Windows 10 forced on me my Sims 3 game has been buggy. :-/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
In two games now, I've found that a sim can use a potent skill booster only once; that trying to use a skill booster a second time doesn't work. Is this a bug or a feature?

Definitely a bug- I usually have my sims chug six or so regular skill potions soon after they go from toddlers to kids then down a set of the potent ones after they go to teens.

Quote:
Also, I'm at a loss when I click at a sim's Fountain of Youth potion (the supernatural one, not the logic Young again ) and found that in a crowd of about a dozen sims, he could throw it at only two sims.

That sounds like a bug too, except for tossing it on the pregnant sims (like with birthdays, it doesn't let you alter your age category when a sim is pregnant). Though unfortunately I have no idea to fix these bugs. Sorry
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

This always happened to me. I always only used it once every day to avoid it being wasted... I'm not sure what caused it though.

Just call me Nikel