Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#3026 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:16 AM
Yup. A Venetian themed lot you could plop down in any 64X64 lot in any world and make believe it's like a Disney theme park/lot. And the gondola follows a "water" path, like the tractor from the farm. And this is what they chose as the final set to end TS3 with?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3027 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:59 AM
I guess they ran out of time to make a whole world....
Scholar
#3028 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I guess they ran out of time to make a whole world....

When they made Roaring Heights, they announced it would be the last world.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#3029 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
When they made Roaring Heights, they announced it would be the last world.

Kind of a disappointment, in my opinion. They killed off the goose prematurely.
Instructor
#3030 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:22 AM
I could work with it making it into a small village but man, that's a lot of stuff.
Test Subject
#3031 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:28 AM
It's kinda pretty! But I wonder what's inside the buildings? At least I can get some nice screenshots if I angle the camera away from the street, killing the immersion.
Alchemist
#3032 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sapphy1758
It's kinda pretty! But I wonder what's inside the buildings? At least I can get some nice screenshots if I angle the camera away from the street, killing the immersion.

I'm sure they're empty and just decorative. But I must say, this set is much better than the previous sets ever released. They cared to build that overly crowded lot, made the gondola propelled by a gondolier (instead of by the Sims themselves), and created those huge decors in previous pages with details. But still, I don't want to spend my money on this because I don't exactly need it.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#3033 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 6:11 AM
It's like a movie set. I'm really not sure what to think about this one. Nifty, but am I going to use it? Eh, I'll see if further pictures excite me. I may end up putting it on my 'someday' list.
Mad Poster
#3034 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:32 PM
"Venice."

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3035 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:51 PM

Why is the interior bare and fugly? Why make cathedral stuff and not lift a finger to make proper pews?

Mad Poster
#3036 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Why is the interior bare and fugly? Why make cathedral stuff and not lift a finger to make proper pews?

After what I saw today on the Sims 4 forum, this looks like a f**king masterpiece.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3037 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 11:09 PM
Woohoo in the gondola

Can ride the gondola for family fun

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#3038 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 11:19 PM
You know what's annoying? The canal pieces look like they're full objects, so rather than enabling objects to show up beneath the lot with a pool or whatever, there's nothing there.

Looks weird - they could have at least made the water thick, opaquish and hard to see through.

Forum Resident
#3039 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 1:35 AM
Wow, talk about "public" woohoo. And note their gondola attendant, who's checking his watch to see how long these guys have been at it so far, it seems. That would be a no-go for me, at least.
Mad Poster
#3040 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 1:58 AM
Good:
Creation of a window both with and with plans growing on them.

Friggin dumb and stupid:
"The arch, ivy flowerbox and ironwork are all one item." - That's not something you brag about, hun...

And...
*shrug* It's a venue.

Theorist
#3041 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 7:37 PM Last edited by tizerist : 7th Aug 2014 at 7:51 PM.
When is this expected to ship? I'm hoping they keep working on it for a while and release it late august..seeing as it's the last one. (edit: it's out now)
And that lot is one of the best lots that I've seen...anywhere. Ok it requires its own CC set but still, it's massively charming. I bet it looks cool at night. And I hope you can make the water a bit darker or maybe CASt it because, yipso.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#3042 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 8:28 PM
I'm thinking of getting this venue but are there any unbiased - outside the official starry-eyed, rainbows & bunnies forum - player reviews yet? Couldn't find one from youtube.
dodgy builder
#3043 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:52 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 7th Aug 2014 at 11:07 PM.
I have some trouble making the right people sit ... I don't know if it's just me or what lol.

Edit: silly me is not a player, I should probably have clicked on two different people to fit in at some point. At least it works, I couldnt' find any bugs, but I didn't play that much. Now it's bedtime. I will have a very short testing of my own selfmade route up tomorrow.

I found a guy testing the venue here:

It wasn't difficult building the canal and putting the boat in it. It's the same as the tractor set really. The bridge is just side pieces and a fence object. You can use whatever staircase you want. The parts I tested was recolorable, even the canal.

The water looks a bit odd in the review and I think it did in my game as well. We'll see tomorrow.
Top Secret Researcher
#3044 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 1:15 AM
Anyone remember that venue that came with that really great premium content that totally worked great?

Yeah, neither do I.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
dodgy builder
#3045 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:23 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 8th Aug 2014 at 8:46 AM.
I tested it on a residential lot with the Martinez as owners, while the venue is visitors allowed. It works on both types and comes with a driver, on my residential I had some troubles making my owners sit together, but perhaps on a lot you own yourself you would be the driver instead? In that case it's fine.

I used the glass staircase from ITF with the stairs, just for the fun of it.

I'm making a review. It's lots of nice objects, but as usual far from perfect. I don't regret buying it, those windows are very nice, and the colonnade as well upclose.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#3046 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I tested it on a residential lot with the Martinez as owners, while the venue is visitors allowed. It works on both types and comes with a driver, on my residential I had some troubles making my owners sit together, but perhaps on a lot you own yourself you would be the driver instead? In that case it's fine.
I'm making a review. It's lots of nice objects, but as usual far from perfect. I don't regret buying it, those windows are very nice, and the colonnade as well upclose.

Thanks for the vids. So, if we want the gondolier have the proper outfit, then we have to change it ourself? Hmm... Still, I do love the rose window and the gondola. Okay, I'm gonna get this venue and give it a try.
Scholar
#3047 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:13 PM
well thank god my water doesnt look as horrible as those pics on the offical site!

dodgy builder
#3048 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:51 PM
I made use of the big window as well, but frankly I didn't see any lights in the room before i added regular windows. It's looking really nice, a bit half hazzard like the Italians

Screenshots
Theorist
#3049 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 10:52 PM
My experience with this venue has not been very good unfortunately. If you let an NPC man the gondola, good luck completing a full trip around the venue without your sims getting reset. It's tragic the last store release was this buggy. The window and other new build items look amazing but yeah this venue isn't even worth $10 IMO. I show it off in detail here: http://youtu.be/sfcz8PtXGIo
Inventor
#3050 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
My experience with this venue has not been very good unfortunately. If you let an NPC man the gondola, good luck completing a full trip around the venue without your sims getting reset. It's tragic the last store release was this buggy. The window and other new build items look amazing but yeah this venue isn't even worth $10 IMO. I show it off in detail here: http://youtu.be/sfcz8PtXGIo

nice review.
Page 122 of 124