Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#3051 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
My experience with this venue has not been very good unfortunately. If you let an NPC man the gondola, good luck completing a full trip around the venue without your sims getting reset. It's tragic the last store release was this buggy. The window and other new build items look amazing but yeah this venue isn't even worth $10 IMO. I show it off in detail here: http://youtu.be/sfcz8PtXGIo

I'm not going to defend EA here, but I'm making new folders from time to time. I tested this in a game folder only 1 month old. Do you use lots of mods?

I'm thinking back on my trips to Italy and love this set for that reason, but I liked those windows and doors, and the bridge and ... The water isn't that great, but I'm willing to look past that.

... and when it comes to the price? I payed like 116 norwegian kroner for 2000 simpoints, that's like 4 cappuccino downtown. If you're broke, ok may be expensive, but how many beer do you buy and what's the cost of that for one evening? With the state fees we have on alcohol in this country, it's probably the same as 1,5 beer
Advertisement
Scholar
#3052 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:25 AM
Last set of Sims 3, guess I better go to my account and re-download all of my Store content and freebies since with the Sims 2, it was shortly after that they closed the official Sims 2 site and store
dodgy builder
#3053 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
Last set of Sims 3, guess I better go to my account and re-download all of my Store content and freebies since with the Sims 2, it was shortly after that they closed the official Sims 2 site and store

It must have been longer than that?
Scholar
#3054 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:55 AM
It was about 2 years after the release of TS3 that the TS2 store closed.

However, there are some concerns as the TS3 forums have gone read-only this weekend (to be transferred over to thesims.com domain) and with TS4 around the corner, well, even with as much stuff as the TS3 store has, if it's felt to be competing with TS4...
Space Pony
#3055 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:44 AM
Public Woohoo! (On the Godola) is kind of amusing though
Field Researcher
#3056 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Public Woohoo! (On the Godola) is kind of amusing though

This beats the all-in-one bathroom for most awkward place for sex. A gondola ride is public, it's moving, small space and there's the risk of falling into the water.
Mad Poster
#3057 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
This beats the all-in-one bathroom for most awkward place for sex. A gondola ride is public, it's moving, small space and there's the risk of falling into the water.

And someone is watching...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#3058 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:34 AM
oh ea oh ea....i guess it does work...though....

dodgy builder
#3059 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
oh ea oh ea....i guess it does work...though....

Hm ... you call yourself a scholar and make the bridge like that? If you make the bridge first you can put down the canals after. Just use a regular room doing it.

Testing Gondola by Volvenom, on Flickr

I insisted on having the bridge in a turn in a couple of places on my lot. I put the canal down with moveobjects on, with my luck my gondola is probably gonna sail on the grass.
Lab Assistant
#3060 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by August_Sun
@douglasveiga, thanks! By the way, your fix works like a charm! My game shows all interactions for cucumber in my game language perfectly, and they're all working

Still curious if someone has already found out what the preserves are for? Just to sell canned products at a higher price than fresh ones? Or just for beauty? I'm wondering if there's some better application for that...

Your sims can eat the preserves, jams, and jellys
Scholar
#3061 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Hm ... you call yourself a scholar and make the bridge like that? If you make the bridge first you can put down the canals after. Just use a regular room doing it.

Testing Gondola by Volvenom, on Flickr

I insisted on having the bridge in a turn in a couple of places on my lot. I put the canal down with moveobjects on, with my luck my gondola is probably gonna sail on the grass.

Bite me...its a game...i play how i want and have things look the way i want...i was just trying it out!
at least i didnt use MOO!
Top Secret Researcher
#3062 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:44 AM
I tested it on a residential lot with the Martinez as owners, while the venue is visitors allowed. It works on both types and comes with a driver, on my residential I had some troubles making my owners sit together, but perhaps on a lot you own yourself you would be the driver instead? In that case it's fine.

I used the glass staircase from ITF with the stairs, just for the fun of it.

I'm making a review. It's lots of nice objects, but as usual far from perfect. I don't regret buying it, those windows are very nice, and the colonnade as well upclose.

Well, crud. Now some talented builder will go off and create some must-have lot using those windows and I'll be forced to buy the venue just so I can have the must-have lot.

Curse you, EA! Curse you forever!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#3063 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:49 AM
Forget a lot; I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to use CAW to build a world with gondolas taking your sims wherever they want to go. (Much like the speed boats introduced in IP.) Or heck, hack them to be similar to rowboats.

I'm sure it's probably a pipe dream, but still... *sigh*
dodgy builder
#3064 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
Bite me...its a game...i play how i want and have things look the way i want...i was just trying it out!
at least i didnt use MOO!

Moo is what cows do. I didn't use cfe I say :P
Field Researcher
#3065 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:17 PM
I need to fix these fences from the store so that they don't place a post on every single tile. Does anyone have a clue how to do it or is there any fix for it? Thanks!
dodgy builder
#3066 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
I need to fix these fences from the store so that they don't place a post on every single tile. Does anyone have a clue how to do it or is there any fix for it? Thanks!

I'm not planning on taking over this thread all together, but someone made a mod doing that, may have been here somewhere. It probably won't work on these fences, but it should be doable at least.
Field Researcher
#3067 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
...there must be some weird limit in CAS, because now when I go to recolour clothing items from either the store or expansion packs, I lose the recolour the moment I click the approval button, or when I save the sim to the bin--boom! Straight back to default colours.

I just wanted to update and announce that I have figured out what is causing this: certain patterns!
There's a red and black check one in the geometry section that comes to mind. I have no idea as to how to fix it, of course, but I am making a mental avoid-using-this-pattern-because-recolours-won't-stick-to-it list.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Field Researcher
#3068 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:37 PM
I'm not planning on taking over this thread all together, but someone made a mod doing that, may have been here somewhere. It probably won't work on these fences, but it should be doable at least.

I've gone through the whole thread but couldn't find a fix. I believe it has to be a single fix for these fences.
Mad Poster
#3069 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 6:00 PM
I made a fix, but I think I deleted. I remember changing something from a 1 to a 0, if that helps. Check the package in the package editor and look through the xml.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#3070 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I made a fix, but I think I deleted. I remember changing something from a 1 to a 0, if that helps. Check the package in the package editor and look through the xml.

Thank! I'll do that now. I've been poking the package files but I don't see what should I change. If you could give me some more directions I'd much appreciate it! Thanks again
Top Secret Researcher
#3071 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
It was about 2 years after the release of TS3 that the TS2 store closed.

However, there are some concerns as the TS3 forums have gone read-only this weekend (to be transferred over to thesims.com domain) and with TS4 around the corner, well, even with as much stuff as the TS3 store has, if it's felt to be competing with TS4...

I highly hope it stays open. We paid for the content did we not? Like Origins, they should let us keep downloading whenever we want to play. That is the whole point of Origins' new marketing style (mimicking Steam).

On the off hand, did they give notice before they shut down TS2 store?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#3072 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Store_CucumberPlantTranslations

Of course, all strings are in english because I can't translate to 21 different languages.

Anyway thank You very much because now I can finaly plant cucumber and corn with other plants .
Inventor
#3073 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 6:56 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 5th Nov 2015 at 11:23 PM.
Sorry about resurrecting this subject but I updated the Corn Stalk Fix, from the Grandpa's Grove Store Set, to support CCLoader. Now, the fix is compatible with almost all ingredients and plants mods available.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=566971
Top Secret Researcher
#3074 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
On the off hand, did they give notice before they shut down TS2 store?

They did not. It was "down for maintenance" most of the time, and then it was just gone.
Mad Poster
#3075 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 8:01 PM
I wonder how much is still being spent on the Store by players. I bought SimPoints for the first time ever, just the other day. Usually I'm very reluctant to spend money on anything at all, really, but with The Sims 3 I've never felt any sort of hesitation. And admittedly, the Store is absolutely wonderful for those of us who feel that the packs ultimately didn't offer enough new content. So for the extra clothing and the extra Build/Buy stuff, the Store is pretty much a goldmine.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 123 of 124