Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#901 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
I need to get back to playing this one. Every time I have almost restored the town, the save gets glitchy. I got frustrated after the 8th restart and quit. But, it really is probably my favorite challenge. As complicated as it is, its still really simple.

Just in case you havent done this, check you save folder to make sure you dont have a .bad folder that would corrupt your save.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#902 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAtlantis
Just in case you havent done this, check you save folder to make sure you dont have a .bad folder that would corrupt your save.

Yeah, I do that. But, what usually ends up happening is I get frustrated because of a glitch and quit playing for a while. When I come back, I can't remember who I had do what or even who is related to who. LOL My memory is shot and even with notes I still can't get it together so I just start all over.
Test Subject
#903 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:05 PM
Yeah, I do that. But, what usually ends up happening is I get frustrated because of a glitch and quit playing for a while. When I come back, I can't remember who I had do what or even who is related to who. LOL My memory is shot and even with notes I still can't get it together so I just start all over.

LOL Same. Today I'm playing my NIF save for the first time in months....Lucky I did remember I had 2 at UNI and they everyone have gotten their lots, and I write everything down, or I would be completely lost.
Test Subject
#904 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:37 PM
Think my save is broken, so might have to start all over again

I really don't want to start over because this is the very first time I've even gotten to Gen 3

Well if I can't fix this save, I'll indeed will start from the beginning.
Test Subject
#905 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAtlantis
Think my save is broken, so might have to start all over again

I really don't want to start over because this is the very first time I've even gotten to Gen 3

Well if I can't fix this save, I'll indeed will start from the beginning.

That sucks I hope you're able to sort out the save. I'm a newbie, so forgive me if I'm being obvious, but do you have a back-up save? I make a new "save as" every half a generation. It still sucks to lose huge chunks but at least it's not all lost. Also my games start dying around gen 4/5 no matter what I do. So I save to the library any houses/buildings/families I want to keep and then place everything back how it was, but in a new game. The town looks just like it used too, but it's gen 1 to the game and everything works again \o/ You do lose family tree connections, which sucks, but it's worth being able to continue. I hope you can fix your problem!
Test Subject
#906 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kerridwyn
That sucks I hope you're able to sort out the save. I'm a newbie, so forgive me if I'm being obvious, but do you have a back-up save? I make a new "save as" every half a generation. It still sucks to lose huge chunks but at least it's not all lost. Also my games start dying around gen 4/5 no matter what I do. So I save to the library any houses/buildings/families I want to keep and then place everything back how it was, but in a new game. The town looks just like it used too, but it's gen 1 to the game and everything works again \o/ You do lose family tree connections, which sucks, but it's worth being able to continue. I hope you can fix your problem!

Sadly I don't, but there are 2 things I'm going to try the next time I'm in game. And if those doesn't work, I'm going to try and use Master Controller to add them back into the main house hold.

I did start a new game, and so far its so slow. Not like the last family, where everything seemed to be going so fast. But wish me luck for both games.
Test Subject
#907 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 3:32 AM
Hi. I would like to congratulate you for such unique challenge
Also, I have a question. I have the University Life EP and I want to know if it's OK to use the Brain Enhance object to also help on skill up? I know that the machine has a 6 or 7 hours cooldown between uses. If it is not OK, then can I use once every 12 hours or so?
Also, can I change my SIM's lifetime wish once it is completed?
Lab Assistant
#908 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOUD
Hi. I would like to congratulate you for such unique challenge
Also, I have a question. I have the University Life EP and I want to know if it's OK to use the Brain Enhance object to also help on skill up? I know that the machine has a 6 or 7 hours cooldown between uses. If it is not OK, then can I use once every 12 hours or so?
Also, can I change my SIM's lifetime wish once it is completed?

I think that's one of those its up to you kind of things but I know I at least won't use anything from Uni that could help unless I have opened up Uni as a possibility by getting the school. Even then someone would have to get the degree the item came with. I don't think you can call it cheaty if it came with the game. I do however think you need to limit those things to the way the game intended you to interact with them.
Test Subject
#909 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:22 PM
I think that's one of those its up to you kind of things but I know I at least won't use anything from Uni that could help unless I have opened up Uni as a possibility by getting the school. Even then someone would have to get the degree the item came with. I don't think you can call it cheaty if it came with the game. I do however think you need to limit those things to the way the game intended you to interact with them.

Thanks for replying.

Regarding the lifetime wishes, I allow each sim to have 4 lifetime wishes completed, not more. About the Brain Enhancement object, I normally use when my sim's skill is 8 and I use it once every 12 hours (instead of the 6 hours cooldown thing) so my sim would have maxed the skill in 24 hours.
Test Subject
#910 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 4:47 AM
Hey Everyone!! How have you all been doing? I totally need to get back into my NIF game. I soooo miss my families.
Test Subject
#911 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:35 PM
Might try this
Test Subject
#912 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RinaStarr
Might try this

It is a very fun challenge. Its one of my all time favorites for the sims 3
Test Subject
#913 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:58 PM
I'm starting this challenge again. Here is my founder Evelina "Eve" Chainey

She starts off gardening and fishing.
Test Subject
#914 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 12:02 AM
I hope this isn't zombifying, but is it ok to use a saved sim for the founder in this game? I'm just really fond of one sim I made. (I also want to torture him by making him live in a world where he cannot fulfill his lifetime wish unless he is, like, really good with the fishing and stuff.)
Field Researcher
#915 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:27 AM
Not the OP, but I think it's fine to use a saved sim. If he already has skills that might not be completely following the rules, but it's your game anyway and you can modify the challenge to suit you.
Test Subject
#916 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:09 AM
i am going to start this challenge soon
Test Subject
#917 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vvgirl2015
i am going to start this challenge soon
I hope you will enjoy it. My gen 3 teens are now engage, and will get married a day before their birthdays.
Test Subject
#918 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:41 PM
Gen 3 Heir Robyn had 2 sets of quads. Not sure what I want them all to unlock, but at least 4 of them do have IFs. And even if they didn't. We now have a school.
Test Subject
#919 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 1:19 PM
I'm interested in this challenge! Very excited to start this!
Test Subject
#920 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kreativeplumbob
I'm interested in this challenge! Very excited to start this!

You really should try it out.
Test Subject
#921 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 6:55 PM
I love hard challenges and i love this challenge =)
Lab Assistant
#922 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 3:06 PM
Default I start my challenge too :D
Sorry for my english ( I learn on duolingo )

My founders name is Vinnetou ( I love Karl May as child...) and Ribanna I play in Appaloosa... so is it some "Native American" theme :D

they have tripple! And Vinnetou meet some ... some alien Muhahahaha!

At first Vinnetou must get 10. level Horse skill. He must adopted horse from shelter, so he learn horse skill and he can adopted mustangs... When he was 10. horse skill, so I build Equestrian center... and now get race and race and race... need 115K for buying this build...

Alien kid is very smart so... Two invisible imaginary friends are alive for now!

And they have so many horses... and now next tripple!
Test Subject
#923 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 5:54 PM
I started a german Let's Play doing the challenge in Prato di Livori.
Field Researcher
#924 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 7:33 AM
I love this challenge so much. I've been playing The Sims 4, and although I do like CAS and some of the build tools (like picking up a house and moving it around! Woo!), I keep getting bored. I used to play The Sims 3 for hours and days and weeks, particularly doing this challenge. Such fond memories.
So I've decided to come back and do this again. I'm going to be set up in Brightwater Bay (I have never played in Brightwater Bay before. I usually use Dark Harbor and I know where *all* the spawners are, so I thought I'd mix it up a little).

And a note for those new to the challenge, the NIF Unlock Guide is still available. Just click the link. Its colour coded and should be fairly self explanatory.
The colours mean:
- Orange: This life time wish requires TRAVEL
- Purple: This life time wish requires an OCCULT LIFE STATE
- Blue, Black or Red: Your guess is good as mine... (Its been a long time since I looked at this thing! Hah!) I think that the black ones might be sort of 'recommended' for early sims, while blue are mid-game/require various lots, and red are a bit more complicated/require a fairly populated town. *shrugs*

Anyway, I hope folk are still having fun with this challenge! Let me know if you think there's any changes that should be made to the unlock rules. (I'm not the OP, I just maintain the spreadsheet).
Test Subject
#925 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:50 PM
I like the challenge, but I don't think I'll end up playing it specifically because I get impatient really fast (to the point where my saves usually don't last more than 3-4 days real-life time) and I use cheats when I'm angry/frustrated.
Page 37 of 39