Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:41 PM Last edited by SweetCherryPie : 14th Oct 2018 at 9:36 AM.
Default A cleaning ghost?
I've just caught one of my ghosts cleaning the house. He was making beds, mopping puddles, here's a pic of him cleaning the litter box
He was a neat sim with high cleaning skill but still, I've never heard of ghosts cleaning anything and couldn't find any info online.
Has anyone else come across that?

EDIT: Also, not that it makes any difference, the family lives in the house of fallen trees, the 'haunted lot', though I don't think it makes the ghost activity any different
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:43 PM
Yes, that's normal.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 5:04 PM
What'd he die from? Does that have anything to do with it? I've never seen or heard of this either, but then... my game doesn't have a ton of ghosts on residential lots.

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 5:22 PM
Yes, in fact if you do an apocalypse challenge, I recommend a founder with 10 neat points. Ghosts can spray roaches, too!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 6:37 PM
No resting for the neat freaks.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#6 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 6:55 PM
I knew of ghosts doing housework but never saw it done, unless I missed it. I have had a ghost who constantly took showers and always left the curtain closed when done. Pretty sure that one was eaten by the plant. Wish they made ghosts friendlier towards family members left behind, when they had decent relationships with them. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#7 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
What'd he die from? Does that have anything to do with it?
from the picture, looks like the ghost is pink. pink is scared to death.
cause of death from my experience seems to affect ghost's effects more than ghost's behavior. starvation (normal color) seems to be the only base game death that has unique behavior; taking food points from fridge. 3 other base game deaths have unique effects: burning (red), smoke; drowning (blue), create puddles; electrocution (yellow), spark/electrify.
other behavior I take would come from the ghost's personality.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:29 AM
What'd he die from? Does that have anything to do with it? I've never seen or heard of this either, but then... my game doesn't have a ton of ghosts on residential lots.

-gE
>=)

He died by hail, I might be trying to collect ghosts of every color >
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
from the picture, looks like the ghost is pink. pink is scared to death.
cause of death from my experience seems to affect ghost's effects more than ghost's behavior. starvation (normal color) seems to be the only base game death that has unique behavior; taking food points from fridge. 3 other base game deaths have unique effects: burning (red), smoke; drowning (blue), create puddles; electrocution (yellow), spark/electrify.
other behavior I take would come from the ghost's personality.

It is pretty interesting to me, I've never had it happen before, I wish ghosts could do more things, then the personality could affect them even more, imagine the possibilities!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetCherryPie
I wish ghosts could do more things, then the personality could affect them even more, imagine the possibilities!

Some of Cyjon's ghost hacks take the ghosts' personalities into account. Whether a ghost is angry depends on nice/grouchy rating (Anger Tweaks), happy ghosts are more likely to clean (Cleaner Ghosts).

Scaring Tweaks includes "Scaring frequency and intensity based on a number of factors including ghost personality, relationship with the target, and type of death."

http://www.cyjon.net/node/188
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:56 PM
I would've liked to see ghosts be able to interact with other ghosts. Imagine, late one crisp fall evening, after the sun descends, a cold nip in the air... leaves cascading down in the chilling wind... Gunther Goth rises from the grave, and is joined by Cornelia, as they dance together, beneath the moonlight...

...but with my luck, it'd be Lilith Pleasant rising from the grave, just to slap everybody she could get her raging mitts on.

-gE
>=)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:09 PM
That cleaning ghost sound like a Sim that was a Neat Sim with high skills points in cleaning. It also sound like a free ghost maid for the Sims who live in that household

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:19 AM
I would've liked to see ghosts be able to interact with other ghosts.

Ghosts can interact with other ghosts. Or at least pet ghosts can.

Screenshots
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 2:09 AM
And if you have a human ghost it will play with the ghost pets. Seen a dead owner play fetch with his dog

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#15 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 4:40 AM
But has anyone ever seen two humanoid ghosts interact with each other?
...I know I haven't.

-gE
>=)