Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 1272 (Who?), Viewed: 63286 times.
Page 51 of 51
Theorist
#1251 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:52 AM
Wide awake, only slept a couple of hours.

Granted, I'm going to ask Kathy to up my panic pills or find a stronger sedative that won't leave me limp and dazed. But that's 9 days away.

I question the Antarctica flag emoji. Mainly because the population consists of scientists and a vodka salesman plus a man to repair the only two Wells Fargo ATMs on the ice continent.

Also, my dream journal has a function to remind me to return to reality. The latest dream was one of being spoiled by a guy I like. There was a nightmare recorded early on and it's indicative of my fear of guns in public.

Nothing too strange beyond becoming a Fantana.

My dream are telling me to live. Problem is, I have been obese for a good portion of my teen years, following into adulthood and it had come to drastic measures of stocking protein supplements, metformin and trying to get enough sleep and exercise.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Theorist
#1252 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
How does behind a fridge get so nasty? I didn't find any dead things, but I did come across a dust bunny that was about the size of a small puppy.

I guess I need to step up my game with my "cleaning behind the fridge" duties. Other than that, I'm still pissed off and grumpy, but oh well. It will pass, eventually.

I've seen dust bunnies bigger than my Norwegian Forest Cat mix and she tipped the scale at 15lbs at her heavy.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Top Secret Researcher
#1253 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 6:48 PM
Busy.

Meatballs for subs are done. I need to move them to a bowl, then to the fridge when they cool.

Buffalo wings are in the oven and I still need to toss together another batch of Ratatouille. For whatever reason hubby thinks he was missing out on something when I made it a few days ago. I promised I would save him a bowl this time. I think I'm going to make it in the pressure cooker though. The kitchen it too hot to hang around with the oven on.

If anybody sez they are starving in my house, it's their own fault.

There's no rest for the wicked
Theorist
#1254 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:53 PM
Been working on lists.

Also planning rooms to make with cardboard, paperboard and scrapbook paper.

#1255 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
On a more positive note (which I forgot to mention in all my upset the other day), the lump on my thyroid gland turned out to be just a cyst. Nothing to worry about. I'm relieved it's not cancer or something like that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#1256 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 8:30 PM
Me, too. I wish the tremor were just as benign. That's still what I'm praying for.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Theorist
#1257 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:24 PM
I have a feeling as if I will literally jump out of my skin.

Inventor
#1258 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 10:51 PM
Default 1000th Post!
I kinda have just been feeling really happy and giddy all this weekend, for both no reason at all, and every reason in the book.

It turns out that I should have the money to purchase a new laptop within the next couple paychecks, so I'll finally be back to Simming after over a year's absence, and this time I plan to also try my hand at creation, and I keep getting new ideas for stuff to try and make (over half of which I have absolutely no clue how to implement, given I haven't even done recolors before).

Halloween is coming up in about a month and a half, which is my favorite holiday. One of the shows I follow is starting a new season in less than a month.

But most of all, my decision to attend Pridefest this summer (even though I had been planning on trying to make it for literally years now) has probably ended up being one of the best I've made this year due to all of the positive fallout that is still pilling up. I have gotten a few ideas for things I want to try when I get into Sims creation (in fact, one of them will be, while maybe not the first one I complete, will be the first one I intend to upload. In fact, there is a hint to what it will be in my linked post. ). I finally got my Donor card from when I signed up for Be The Match while I was there, and then there's the flag I purchased when I was there.
After I got home, I hung it up in my front window for the rest of the week until it turned July. Apparently my neighbor who lives in the apartment below mine saw it.

I'd seen them around from time to time (the people in my complex mostly keep to themselves), and they tended to like wearing skirts and women's tops. At the time, I just assumed they were a guy who thought of themselves as male, but just enjoyed wearing women's clothes. I knew someone like that when I was younger, plus I had a couple of dorm-mates in college who were professional Drag Queens, so I'm well aware that someone who likes wearing "other gender's" clothes isn't necessarily Trans. Plus, they never really brought it up (I never broached the subject because when it comes to people's personal lives, I have a "if they wanted me to know, they'd tell me" attitude, and don't really like to pry), and I never made an issue about it, "do what you will and harm none," and everything.

Turns out that I was wrong about that, since we chatted for a bit the other day, and during it, she let me know that she was transitioning, and had started the first round of surgeries. I feel really happy for her, while also hoping she recovers quickly once she's done with her surgeries, and also humbled that she trusted me with that, even though we aren't close, because I know that can be difficult (also happy that her mom is supportive and helping her through it as well).

I went to pick her up a card this morning--it felt like I needed to get her a card, but I didn't have the spare time to until today, since there was only one store I knew of which might have them. It turns out that they didn't, but when I asked, the clerk agreed that it was a good idea to carry transitioning cards, and said they would look into it.
Theorist
#1259 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 7:46 PM
I recently had suffered from lack of protein. I am feeling more stable since I was fed protein bars and ate meals at regular intervals.

I got some things in the mail today. A vial, a bracelet, a sticker and a book. Well, everything I ordered this month came, but those earphone jack charms are projected to arrive next week and I ordered those in August!

Well, I won't receive the Nintendo Switch until after October 1, because long story short, the items I asked for will take up the allotted money for my birthday and Christmas gifts. I get antsy if I don't have an estimate time of arrival.

Yes, it's driving me mad.

Instructor
#1260 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:26 AM
Horrible, what more can I say? My mother yelled at me for a whole hour and humilliated me for no reason. And after that, she started telling everyone how she loves me so much and wants the best for me. It's not the first time, but she's doing it more frequently lately. What's the term for a person like that?

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Top Secret Researcher
#1261 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:29 AM
I'm okay. I really want to get some yard work done this week, but I'm not going to bother until Jose passes which means no cleaning up the yard until at least the weekend.

I've been oddly addicted to Earthcam lately. I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose is of hanging around Times Square. I haven't been able to figure out any obvious reason, but then again, I'm not a city person which may explain everything.

Theorist
#1262 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:28 PM
Been thinking of a motif for an antihero group involving billiards.

Mad Poster
#1263 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina
Horrible, what more can I say? My mother yelled at me for a whole hour and humilliated me for no reason. And after that, she started telling everyone how she loves me so much and wants the best for me. It's not the first time, but she's doing it more frequently lately. What's the term for a person like that?

The word is Mama. When our children start growing up, we often feel they don't listen to us. While it may not seem to be the case, we really have been in your shoes and we can see farther down the paths our children are considering. What we see sometimes frightens us and we have to warn our little ones. Since they are no longer little and don't appear to listen, we have to yell. Because that only gets anger not acquiescence, we get frustrated and say things in a harsh way, without thinking them through first. We're human, too, and don't always remember how our children hold on to everything we say.

I'm sorry, darling. I know it hurts. I wish I could make the pain go away, but I can't. Maybe, try to think of the message behind the words and see whether there's something there that makes sense to you.

Then, when passions aren't so high, try to talk to your mom and tell her how your felt using calm statements that emphasize how you feel when she yells.

Good luck

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Instructor
#1264 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:54 AM Last edited by velvetina : 20th Sep 2017 at 1:09 AM.
Sorry smorbie, but it's not like that. She can't stand anything related to my father, and that includes me for some reason. Since I was really young I had to witness the constant fights she started with him, not giving a single fuck on how I felt, and blatantly saying that she couldn't care less about me. If I'm still here, it's because of my grandfather who was the only one who could stop her, but now he's dead, and I'm helpless I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the next year...
Edit: And there she is, yelling at me again. All the time saying the same nonsense. I tried talking to her, believe me, but SHE DOES NOT WANT TO LISTEN. What am I supposed to do to make her stop?!

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Scholar
#1265 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:47 AM
Does your room (or anywhere in the house for that matter) have a lock on it? My husband is a true and tried shouter while I'm the opposite. When he gets going, I pretty much feel trapped because he will not stop until *he* is ready. I try to drown him out with earphones honestly. Perhaps earphones in a locked room will take the edge off for you too? It's not a real solution by any means, I know, but I understand how it is to be the target of nonstop yelling.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#1266 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 2:18 AM
Velvetina - one more year? And then you leave home? Are there any relatives you could move in with? A good friend with sympathetic parents? Sometimes that happens - teens move out and live with the family of a close friend. I wonder if she is really aware of how she is pushing you away? Have you tried to talk to her when she's calmer or is it impossible? Some people are impossible to talk to. I have an ex like that.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#1267 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:23 AM
VerDeTerre, I'm having a second try at college next year, since I dropped out this year, but with her constant yellings, how am I supposed to make some progress? And no, she just won't listen to anyone who doesn't agree with her. I'm also one of those people with no friends or big family, so the only choice I have is living with my grandmother, and that's what I'm doing now, but sometimes, that's even worse. At least she doesn't yell at me, but her house is a complete architectonic mess where you can barely move, and I can't go out without her phoning me at least 5 times in a row. I'm not a little girl, yeesh!

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Mad Poster
#1268 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:42 AM
Old people are sometimes like little kids. They lose track of time and get insecure. As annoying and difficult as her house and her soliticiousness is, it sounds much better than living with your mother. Hang in there.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#1269 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:45 PM
Not much happened today. Today, my father has noted I have similar symptoms to agoraphobia (he has it, too)

I recently made plans to buy some Nintendo Switch games to go with my system. Again, indeterminate dates are nerve wracking as part of my OCD and yes, for me as a trademark, I have a bad habit of arrangement by color, number, letter, shape, sound and so forth. I once rearranged a Littlest Pet Shop display. What surprised me is security didn't catch me. Then again, that was Washington State, which had bad attitudes and worse manners.

I bought a 24-game case for Switch games a few months back. I ask my parents to buy ARMS as my father never had a level playing field in beat 'em ups. We fought back in 2004 in Dead or Alive 3. He played as Gen Fu and I as Christie. I practically jabbed him unconscious and this was because he worked alongside the XBOX team when he was a program manager for the Windows Media Center. He even helped edit the For Dummies manual for this system.

Sadly, Microsoft's Redmond Campus was across the highway from Nintendo's Redmond Campus. I had my critiques on the various trades barbs both dealt with, but by the time the Wii U arrived, my dad had been free from his contract.

Either way, I just reminisced about the past as I look towards the future.

Scholar
#1270 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 12:45 PM
~~cut3 selfie, might delet l8r xp~~

Skiing is the shit though, my dudes. Strongly considering a move to New Zealand

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Theorist
#1271 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd Sep 2017 at 7:13 PM.
Currently planned on buying a DVD binder for my Disney animated movies I also am buying second hand as Disney's 7-year moratorium system has got to go. Not only does it create schedules that are unrealistic for people with children, this leaves them susceptible to piracy.

I currently have Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Pinocchio. I plan to buy the copies of the ones up to Lady and the Tramp second hand $20 or less with a Very Good condition.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have changed my mind and am buying binders to sort my CD, DVD and video game disc Collection

RE-EDIT: Screw it! I cannot make up my mind. I better think it over. I have a week before doing so.

Top Secret Researcher
#1272 Old Yesterday at 1:32 PM
Is it a ad or is it not a ad? That is the question. https://twitter.com/FTC/status/910601536824315904

For those that don't want to click the link, people are upset about FTC rules over 'free' stuff.

Quote:
Yes, it is an ad - if they send it to you because you’re an influencer or for you to review it. #Influencers101

Theorist
#1273 Old Yesterday at 6:18 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 8:57 PM.
I have come to a very important decision on my birthday cake.

I plan to serve tiny cupcakes made of white cake mix, colored the 7 Colors of the Rainbow and the main cake is chocolate with white frosting with a tiny cupcake in each color arranged in a circle.

I'm turning 30. I really want to be very much involved with this arrangement.

I should explain what happened last year: My father, still a nervous wreck after that 10 day road trip two months prior, picked up ingredients for chocolate cupcakes. However, it wasn't until after the baking that he noticed there weren't options for round cake pans. In the end, he made extremely dry, extremely hard and extremely tough brownies in paper cups. These were essentially the broiled hockey pucks Tom Lehrer sang about in his song "She's My Girl". I could have repaved the driveway with these stone tablets. In fact, I couldn't find enough milk to satiate my dry mouth.

I only ate one to be polite. But I made it clear I am in charge of baking my birthday treats this year.

In fact, on the check list I made, I left a long, agonized note.

Here's in its entirety, the note.

"Buy Chocolate Cake mix, 1 box. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T END UP WITH BROILED HOCKEY PUCKS LIKE LAST YEAR. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE IT'S CAKE BATTER!"

Page 51 of 51