Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5826 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 29th Mar 2018 at 1:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh nice find. I've been looking for something like that for a while.

Now all that is missing is tips on how to make multi-sims poses and posing with objects (sim sitting on chair etc...) and with props.
I have some ideas, but...it's just ideas.

Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
They should've made the zombies a lot faster... and smarter... and meaner... heehee!

But then, it would not have been realistic. Yeah, I said realistic!
Ok, I admit, it mostly depends on your reference..Walking Dead or World War Z...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#5827 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:16 PM
Realism is boring! Zombies walk way too slow to get anything done, anyways.
Inventor
#5828 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:07 PM
If you want World War Z or 28 Days Later zombies, you could always use Pescado's zombieapoc and Always Run or Zombies Walk Normally. There's also editing their personalities and circumstances to make them more aggressive. I don't know if Zombie Disease works, but it seems that you'll want to think carefully before using that one based on the comments (SDHB-inducing?).
Lab Assistant
#5829 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
Why do my sims go to finals in UNDERWEAR or PAJAMAS?

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Instructor
#5830 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:15 PM
I REFOUND THE HAIR ONE OF MY FIRST SIMS 2-SIMS HAD!

I'm sorry for the caps, I'm so excited. Somewhere back in 2013, before a lot of cleaning, it was in my Downloads folder, and somehow it disappeard. Now it's back !
Mad Poster
#5831 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:16 PM
Because they're in college, they're tired, and they don't give a care.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5832 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:30 PM
So...the opposite of caregivers.

Scholar
#5833 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:32 PM
I mean, clearly the college doesn't have a problem with it. I would too!
Mad Poster
#5834 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But then, it would not have been realistic. Yeah, I said realistic!
Ok, I admit, it mostly depends on your reference..Walking Dead or World War Z...lol

... Or a certain flash animated "Zombie Jamboree" music video :D
Mad Poster
#5835 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:15 AM
I got curious about the dishwasher and found this: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/...d_like_viruses/

CNET (beware of the annoying autoplay video) seems to think they ARE viruses: https://www.cnet.com/news/viruses-b...of-sims-2-life/

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#5836 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
The reason I wish this worked efficiently is because the idea of moving lots to a new NH is neat for storytelling purposes. Perhaps a neighborhood is being overrun by zombies and the whole neighborhood needs to relocate... Or maybe a cheater (Don Lothario, I'm looking at you!) wants to start a new life and change his name... The possibilities are endless.

Stuff like that can be simulated by employing Sub-Neighbourhoods, though. Pleasantview is overrun with zombies so the survivors flee to Strangetown, etc. And I currently have a Sim who hides from his family in a desert subhood.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5837 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:10 PM
I'm mostly frustrated that I can't move an occupied house from one subhood to another without moving everyone out first.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5838 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:44 PM
Well it's not quite easy to move the houses anyway... especially the big mansions so that's kinda realistic. Except that is... when the lot is transported by an alien tractor beam and taken either to another location on earth or to another planet altogether so the human inhabitants can be used as guinea pigs for a 'study' to see if they will make good slaves.
Mad Poster
#5839 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
I once watched a house (not a trailer, but an actual house) carried on the back of a truck.

Mad Poster
#5840 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:34 PM
Moving houses isn't even that unusual. Moving them with people in them, however, is very strange and should not be happening. It's dangerous.

Storytime.
Once upon a time, in 1985 to be precise, there was a big fight going on between developers and the San Antonio Conservation Society, because the developers wanted to build a big mall right in downtown San Antonio - literally two doors down from the Alamo - and their plans called for incorporating some of the buildings in the area and tearing the rest down. And some of these buildings didn't matter but the Conservation Society stood fast on the Fairmont Hotel. They wouldn't allow it to be torn down, and they even got a buyer for it; but the mall developers had a deal with the Marriot chain (which now has two hotels there, one in the mall and one directly across the street) and wouldn't accommodate their plans to leave room for the Fairmont to function. So the only solution was to pick up the hotel and move it to property owned by the purchasers, six blocks away.

Now, there are two problems with this. One, no building as big as the Fairmont had ever been moved before. Two, since the Fairmont's old and new locations were both just off the San Antonio River, those six little blocks contained more than one bridge; and we're not talking a bridge over an open park or a drainage ditch, either, we're talking bridges over the San Antonio Riverwalk, lined with shops, restaurants, a hotels, photo ops, art sales, strolling tourists, you name it. Even in the off-season it can be hard to get through the crowds on the sidewalks on that part of the river. And some of those bridges hadn't been significantly upgraded since the Riverwalk was built in the 20s and 30s. So they needed to engineers to figure out the best route to follow and how to ensure that no disaster occurred at any of these bridges.

So this job was undertaken by the Guido Bros. engineering firm (they've heard all the Mafia jokes, shut up). And they did all the calculations and supervised the supports and the loading and everything necessary to make the process safe. And the president of the firm, the top Guido Brother, made it a point to stand under each bridge as the Fairmont passed over it, reputedly saying: "If the thing collapses, I'd rather be down here than up there."

Nothing collapsed, the Fairmont is operating as a hotel, the Guido Bros. are still in business, and it's all in the Guinness Book of World Records for Heaviest Building Ever Moved.

For anybody curious, here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oNEeULPs_Q

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5841 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:49 PM
That's a cool story.

I have another from my days of delivering newspapers. One of the houses I was supposed to deliver the paper to actually disappeared overnight. It was torn down or something and there wasn't even any rubble, just a patch of dirt. Had to call the newspaper distribution place and they thought I was joking until they went up to look themselves. They told me not to bother delivering the newspaper.

Top Secret Researcher
#5842 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:31 PM
People say they play sims to alleviate stress. Meanwhile in my game: I'm having a wedding party, but the guests leave in the middle of it due to a fire, so I have to call them again, and at the same time the Headmaster comes for a visit that I forgot so I have to show him around and entertain him all of a sudden, and I need to get good pictures before it turns dark. Just a normal day in The Sims 2.
Theorist
#5843 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
People say they play sims to alleviate stress. Meanwhile in my game: I'm having a wedding party, but the guests leave in the middle of it due to a fire, so I have to call them again, and at the same time the Headmaster comes for a visit that I forgot so I have to show him around and entertain him all of a sudden, and I need to get good pictures before it turns dark. Just a normal day in The Sims 2.

Oh man, same here.

Me: Today was blergh, let's wind down a bit with Sims 2.
*opens the next household in the rotation, there's two bawling babbehs, a toddler that still needs to be taught two of her skills, one of the adults badly needs skills for a promotion and two more friends so they can finally afford the much needed expansion to their house...and the grandparents need their golden anniversary before they pass on. Then there's a kitchen fire*
Me:

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#5844 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
at the same time the Headmaster comes for a visit that I forgot
He gets me EVERY time. Oh, crap! It's 5:00! The baby needs to be fed, teen is on the phone, another kid is in the bath and dad is at work. Thank goodness I am big on keeping prepared food in the fridge and inventory. Reduce stress? Stephen Tinker got burned up in a kitchen fire, (horrible, I know), but then Wanda went down with him. Melody just graduated college and went down, too. So did the maid Remington Harris. Then, I moved in the Newsons, (gag), they got the kids taken away in a matter of a day. I was speed playing, waiting for the ghosts to pop up. Ginger and Gavin both ended up with aspiration failure and smashed all the graves, ( I had no idea that could happen), then they both died from being scared to death... Now Julien Cooke is staying in the house until everyone haunts so my undertaker can come get them... No, no... Not stressful at all...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#5845 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:12 AM
I think a good quarter of my time playing TS2 is troubleshooting weird issues that crop up in my game.

Mad Poster
#5846 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:33 AM
This is why I build things instead of playing them. Things don't burn down while you're building them.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#5847 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:42 AM
Except maybe your computer if the lot's big enough.

Top Secret Researcher
#5848 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:28 PM
When you find cc that's absolutely perfect, only to find it's for Sims 1! You'd think I would have noticed from the way the objects were displayed. I did see a Sims 1 wallpaper that I recognised having put in the Goth house. It made me smile. Ah, memories...

Edit: Too many hamsters around here...
Mad Poster
#5849 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:38 PM
Is thinking about all the hamsters/flutterby replies that won't make sense in 2 weeks when everyone will have their avatar back...

Mad Poster
#5850 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:42 PM
It was a mass hallucination.

Page 234 of 516