Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 11:33 PM
Default Dress mesh is "divided"
Hi,

After I use Meshing Tool Kit (auto tools for WSO) I get this black/cut part (?) in my mesh.
Does somebody know how to fix this? It moves together with the Sim's legs, like two parts.

(Ignore the texture)

Image: https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net...867743461_n.jpg

Thanks if anyone can help.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:24 AM
If you used a reference mesh that's not a skirt, the two halves of the skirt would have been assigned to the two legs instead of using the skirt bone. If that's what happened, try using a mesh with a similar length skirt or manually reassign the midline vertices to the skirt bone.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 5:31 AM
I agree with "CmarNYC", This would've been my best guess, it is quite common for (+) and (-) weight to get mixed-up alone the middle of the x axes ...
The dark area is caused by texture stretching and Normals facing in the wrong direction

BobbyTH
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 5:40 PM
Thank you guys so much for your reply.

So I tried different reference meshes but the thing is: my mesh have only 1 group, and all the game long dresses have 2 groups. Is not working, I get "double" fingers and so on, depending wich mesh I choose.

I must admit that I don't know much about bones. I didn't create a lot of meshes. I only use meshtoolkit for that.

"manually reassign the midline vertices to the skirt bone" - I will have to read more about this and see what I can do :P

Thank you so much for help ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 2:44 AM