2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#6226 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:28 PM
That if you hover over the little checkmark in Clean Installer you can see the actual name for a SimPE package file (i.e.: Package: blahblah_[random numbers & letters].package). Wish I knew this before installing a bunch of wallpapers with a string of numbers and letters though :^)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Alchemist
#6227 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:44 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 9th Aug 2018 at 2:01 PM.
SimPE has a Neighborhood >Export function that puts all the sim and lot info into comma delimited text files so they can be loaded into Excel and sorted. This is brilliant! All the info is there. Think of the possibilities! Now, I can identify all the dogs in the hood (dog park!) or all the Sagittarius adults (blind dates?). I can even use it to surprise myself in my game. I'm going to sort for all the adult males, then hiding names, I'll choose an ID at random and assign it as the father in one of my sim's pregnancies. Surprise!

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5430979
Mad Poster
#6228 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I can even use it to surprise myself in my game. I'm going to sort for all the adult males, then hiding names, I'll choose an ID at random and assign it as the father in one of my sim's pregnancies. Surprise!

I'm going to call it now - you're accidentally going to assign a gay man to be the dad.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#6229 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm going to call it now - you're accidentally going to assign a gay man to be the dad.

Well, that I would do on purpose.

Just for info, though, the data about attraction to male or female is also in the text file. You could sort for that, too, as well as each skill, hobby, career.... This is such a simple, powerful tool, I can't imagine why I've never seen it mentioned before.
Mad Poster
#6230 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:49 AM
That toddlers are THE hardest sims to pose. Even more difficult than infants, because
1: Toddlers don't react to the face posebox. Not even the "close eyes" pose. Even infants do that one without any problems! I had to slow-motion them to even have a chance at catching a good expression.
2: They keep doing those annoying wide-open mouth smiles all the time - not cute ones, but the "you can see the entire inside of their mouth" kind.
3: They'll never look in the right direction. Not. Even. Once. Unless you freeze the rest of the party, and have another sim walk by 20 times to get them to look vaguely in the right direction...
4: ...And when their head finally is in the right position, they do that stupid wide smile thing again.
5:..And then they move, doing that pose-teleport thing I hate so much, where their footprint stays but the sim move - meaning I have to do it all over again.
*sigh*

Babies are easier to deal with. They stay in one place, and they can close their eyes on command.
Mad Poster
#6231 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
2: They keep doing those annoying wide-open mouth smiles all the time - not cute ones, but the "you can see the entire inside of their mouth" kind.

If you gaze into the abyss too long, it begins to gaze back at you.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6232 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:01 AM
Pretty realistic when you think about it.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6233 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:15 AM
I've never seen such a wide smile on a real toddler (even in the presence of candy/cake/presents/favorite movie/etc.) - but if you think it's realistic to open your mouth so wide you almost dislocate your jaw, then... okay, I guess

6: The eyes. Forgot about those. That thing where their eyelashes kinda takes over the entire face when they smile.
Mad Poster
#6234 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:34 AM
Speaking of dislocated jaws, sometimes their teeth will jut through their face, too. This also happens on some adults with certain facial structures, but toddlers having this issue is pretty common.

Top Secret Researcher
#6235 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:56 AM
I got ninja'd. I meant realistic how toddlers are the hardest to pose. Try getting a RL toddler to sit still and face the camera--or worse, try getting more than one to do so at the same time.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#6236 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:21 PM
Today I discovered that when you create a pets, you can set that they a brother or a sister to each other.
Lab Assistant
#6237 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:50 AM
I found a file with all of the TS2 store/pre-order bonus stuff and plopped it into my game.

I discovered that babies in the little bouncy chairs are adorable!
Space Pony
#6238 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:13 AM
That I may have too many mods...

"Sim A is bit tired, i will direct him to bed as soon as I make sim B to do her homework. After that Sim C who is pregnant needs to take a bath, and simB has to have some fun after homework is done.

Ookay, now sim B is doing her homework.. fine, now the sim A, where is he? oh.. allready in bed.. okay fine, sim C then, where is she? ohhh... allready in bath.. okay! so sim B then , oh she finished her homework allready, where did she go? painting with the easel... RIGHT! Where do you sims need me for anymore????"

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#6239 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 4:27 PM
I was scanning around one of my houses, passed by a toddler playing, and heard her exclaim, "Yippadee!". I'd forgotten they said that. I've giggled about it all morning. It's just so adorable.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6240 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 1:28 AM
I found that when an pixel whose marriage is on the rocks (and he's pushing it) he can get a thought bubble of wedding rings being crossed out-"I don't want to be married any more! I'm over this!" before they split from their spouses.
I'd never seen this kind of thought pop into their heads before. I've been playing a long time..and it's the first time. Perhaps I've not been as observant as should be. Just wow...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#6241 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 8:59 PM
Two things!

- There is a want to fire someone from a business, in this case non-sim specific. It was a fortune Scorpio that wished it, but anyway
- If one sim holds a baby, a second sim can ask a third sim to go and speak with the baby (VERY cute)
Forum Resident
#6242 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 1:55 AM
Sims can view and critique art together.
Mad Poster
#6243 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 3:55 PM
The PS2 version of The Sims 2 had a neat intro (and some bloopers, too):

Instructor
#6244 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 5:21 PM
You know how some of the Maxis premade houses have indoor modular stairs with only a 3-tile gap above instead of the 4 they need, even with moveobjects on? Totally by accident, I figured out how to do it myself I don't know yet if it works in Live Mode, I am yet to test it.

I am 100% sure it wasn't the way Maxis did it, though, as my way uses ceilings (AL feature).

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#6245 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 3:49 PM
WDID: an oversight of developers part - a sim has to go through two animations of buying a cell phone (and possibly with other gadgets) in an owned shop, going through the gadget (inserting banknote) and to the cash clerk, making it look like the sim is paying twice the cash of the original cost.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#6246 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The PS2 version of The Sims 2 had a neat intro (and some bloopers, too):

So! Now we know that aliens fart through their ears!
Mad Poster
#6247 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:05 PM
If they fart through their ears, I don't want to think too much about how their digestive system works.

Theorist
#6248 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:45 PM
That sims can drink coffee for free on a community lot if they don't have enough simoleons and that the Fall skill bonus combined with the Far East souvenirs and the refreshed buff from a great vacation makes for ridiculously quick skilling. I never combined them all before and wasn't expecting it to go that fast - my Sim was almost maxed out before I even realized how quickly he was gaining points. Level 2 to 10 took about 12 hours even with a break for needs.
Mad Poster
#6249 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:58 PM
I really should send my sims on vacations more often
Mad Poster
#6250 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:17 AM
For all those who play medieval hoods with DR roads and terrain: remember the old saying "You can only have one!"?

I learned tonight that Voeille's Grass replacements are considered to be default replacements for all Maxis roads, and they will override any & all other DR roads or terrains you might have in your game.
So you can have either that or Sunni's (or another) DR road, or Voeille's grass replacements. If you choose the latter, the roads outside the lot will remain paved and the lot road will stay dirt. If you choose a DR road from others the outside the lot roads will be dirt.

Thought I'd pass that information on. It was frustrating to find this out because I like the grass replacements alot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 250 of 445