Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
delphy's sims3pack multi installer's packages corrupted my game???
okay so here's the situation: i can't install sims3packs through the installer cuz it gives me that infamous black box and then stops responding. so i took to the internet and found out that i could convert the sims3pack files to package files with the help of delphy's sim3pack multi installer. i downloaded that, did everything i was supposed to, converted the files and was super excited to finally play sims 3 after trying to get it to work with me for an entire month. but then i started a new save file and loaded up a world.
this is what i got:

before i used delphy's installer, the game was fine and everything looked fine. i genuinely have no idea what went wrong. every single world i've opened looks like this, even the worlds that came with the games. i've been trying to figure this out for hours but i just can't figure out what went wrong. i've cleared every cache, so that cannot be what's causing this. this has clearly happened to nobody else BUT me, i can't find a single thing about this anywhere! i'm so frustrated. it's just one problem after another with this game. does anyone possibly have a solution for this or am i just doomed to never play a game that i spent, quite literally, over 500 dollars on? i can't just "not use these cc's" either, i'd have NO cc and i really love this stuff... please help. ;_;
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:30 AM Last edited by Vincent T. : 24th Oct 2017 at 1:21 PM.
Site Helper
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:55 PM
If you TEMPORARILY (Meaning that it's going to go back in, just not right now) remove or rename your Documents Sims 3 folder so that the game can't find it and has to make a new one, and then open a test game in that new folder, does the problem continue?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 24th Oct 2017 at 10:18 AM.
Some of this looks like "blue lot syndrome" to me and this means outdated and broken custom content. Very outdated and very broken in fact. Keeping that in your game will ruin all your saves.
After starting with a clean folder, as suggested already by Ghost, I'd continue with the 50/50 method to weed out and find the broken stuff (and I'd give you a link if I could find it atm).
I'm pretty sure that it's not MultiInstaller that caused this but rather whatever it was that you unpacked with it.

ETA: Now with link: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:40 PM
Not the tool but the content. Obviously you have some older content that was not fixed by the Creator. Read...

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Blue_Lots_Issue
Site Helper
#7 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:09 PM
Actually, if that really is blue lot syndrome, it's not going to take the binary search to weed out the cause. Dashboard (which is linked in the article that cameranutz2 linked to) identifies all of those when it scans the folder they are in. There's even a special entry; "Corrupt-Blue Lot" for things with the Blue Lot problem.

It's not likely to be everything you downloaded that is causing the problem. Most of it is likely to be fine. But one bad file is enough.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 12:36 AM
If it is. The pictures look as if two different worlds were loaded at once. One seems to be Isla Paradiso but the trees and streets look like a different world altogether.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:59 PM
As a general rule, if the launcher doesn't like the sims3pack, you probably shouldn't have it in your game anyway. I have tried extracting those files to package files and the game still didn't like it. How do I know? I put all the downloads into my download folder and open up the launcher and watch as it "reads" through the downloads, take note of the ones it quits on, remove them and retry. Some of Luna's content, Pilar's DJ Single Bed, just to name a few.