Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#251 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:05 AM
Total WOW!!!!! This is beyond amazing and I am so glad I found this thread. I cannot wait to see more.
Advertisement
Scholar
#252 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:16 PM
@ FuruFuruu - Great job with creating sims! They are unique and interesting. I like that you have created distinct "tribes" with their own characteristics. However, some of the sliders, or custom content, that you are using seem to be causing some glitches and/or overlays/distortions on a few faces. I noticed this particularly on Shri, Amrit, Anil, and Garuda (the very sharp angles of his face may be intentional, I didn't know for sure). If not used for this world, you may want to consider uploading them here at MTS.
Test Subject
#253 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 10:10 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 16th Mar 2017 at 10:47 AM.
@SimmyRN Thank you! I was nervous about showing them. I'm happy someone actually read all that junk I wrote, and even happier that you noticed I tried to make them from different social classes. I wanted them to feel real. I hope I achieved that.

The facial distortions you speak of are indeed slider related. You can't see it but Drishti has a problem too. I tried to create very interesting face shapes (totally drawing inspiration from nativeafua), but perhaps I went a bit overboard haha. I ran into a lot of problems with the eyes especially, as I was trying to create eyes with the epicanthic fold. I'm now using a skin that's epicanthic friendly, but I wanted to manually create the fold as well, but as you can see doing that interferes with EA’s eyelashes. This is why most of my sim's have short eyelashes. From now on any future sim I make I will try to refrain from doing that.

Garuda's razor cheekbones were intentional, but I am willing to tone them down if they are tad too strange, I thought they made him look dashing, in a weird sort of way haha.

With Shri, I would have to change Rania's eyes as well because they have identical eyes (this is the eyelash problem again), or I can shorten the eyelashes?

Amrit and Anil really bothered me, especially Anil (they are the only two I did not create by hand. I just used the combine genetics tab and that's what came out ). I was actually going to write that I knew they looked messed up, but I talk too much so I decided to just shut the hell up . It’s weird because they look totally fine teen-elder. Either I could mess with their faces but they wouldn’t look exactly like their parents, or I would have to change Shakti’s nose and Aadi’s eyes and have them go through another round of baby making. I know what they would prefer, but I'm asking for your opinion lol.

Honestly, I never considered uploading them. I was hoping they could be used as street ornamentation in Uranesia. I never even dreamed someone would actually be interested in playing one of them.

Anyway thanks so much! I am looking forward to your suggestions!
Field Researcher
#254 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 5:02 PM
@FuruFuruu
Your sims are fantastic! Aditi is my favorite!
(I'd love a download link for her soon)
the facial distortions are significant, but can be toned down just a bit. I wouldn't tell you to do away with many of their features, as that's what makes them so unique, but I think each sim, where they have rough facial edges, like you said, just soften them up.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#255 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:34 AM
@FuruFuruu wow,, your sims, they are amazing! I truly don't know what to say, ofcourse they did me justice, they are all so beautiful! You bring my sketches to life, which is more than I can dream of!
You really did a fantastic job some of the sims do have bit rough edges, but I sort of like it, they look beautiful with it, it is bit unusual but beautiful! I'm so glad my drawings was such inspiration for you to create them, I mean they were fairly simple and I didn't give you a lot to go on, so you really created something with your own mark on it! I know I said already but they are all so beautiful and you did an amazing job! If you ever create more sims, I would love to see them! :D
Test Subject
#256 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 2:12 AM
@RylandHomes
Thank you, thank you It's nice to hear that people actually like the sims. It's so small comparatively to what Nilxis is doing, but I can't help but feel proud I did something right, maybe not all of it , but something. I'll see what I can do with Shri, Amrit, Anil, and Garuda, but especially Amrit and Anil. About Aditi, I do want to wait to hear what Nilxis has to say if he wants to use them, or if he wants me to change some stuff, especially since I did use cc. I would not have even dreamed of releasing them, although I'd really like to, but the designs are not final, none of my sims are exactly finished, but I promise I will keep you in mind when they are, Aditi in particular .

@cyberzombieprincess
Thank you so very much for your kind words. Your drawing is what made me actually start this. I am so relieved to have done right by your vision, that's all I really wanted. It's like a warm hug to get a thumbs up from you. I'm so glad you appreciate the rough edges too, because even though some of them weren't intentional (Amrit and Anil), some of them were. I wanted them to be kind of weird, to have "flaws." I wanted them have an unconventional sort of look. And I am making even more sims lol. It's like a disease, I cannot stop haha. Thanks again so much cyberzombieprincess for gifting me with this inspiration.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#257 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 4:53 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 19th Mar 2017 at 5:05 AM.
Thanks everyone for commenting and sharing your ideas

@FuruFuruu, sorry for the late reply!
I'm so happy you like the new backstory I might still create an inaccessible island in this world, but it will not have population. More than one maybe, one with a cut bridge and some others floating in the air. The island with the different tribe will be in another world, and it will be quite inaccessible too: it would be cool to create a combination of the harsh natural elements you mentioned

Now, about your sims, I LOVE them! As all the others said, they are very unique and that's what I'm looking for in the first place. Plus, they're beautiful, so that's great Because it must've taken you so much time I'd like to comment your work a bit in depth, how could we use it for Uranesia and some ideas I have:

First of all, regarding CC, I don't want to go too crazy with it because I'm already using a considerable amount for building. But we definitely need to use some for the sims. We clearly need hairs, clothing and accesories. I'm not sure about skins and sliders, do you think we could do without them?

The stories are great, I definitely want to include them I like how social class, religion, tragedies and discrimination condition their lives, that's very interesting and adds realism to the Uranesian society. I also like really like the names you've chosen. I have actually created a few Uranesian words and your names sound quite similar to the words I've created. Some day I'll talk about languages in Uranesia and the world beyond.

I really like the clothes too! As I said before, I love the idea of different colours for each family, and I can see you got inspiration from @cyberzombieprincess' sketches. It would surely improve with some CC, but this style works very good for now

About the physical appearence, I have some ideas about things that could be different, but I also like many of the facial features you've given to them. These are my thoughts and ideas about different aspects:

The main thing I would probably change is their overall looks as an ethnic group. I shared the new backstory after you had created them, so that's not something you could know, but because of their exile I was imagining them more racially homogeneous. How should this race be? I only have some basic ideas that I would love to discuss with you all, so we can create the Uranesian race together
I really liked the sims that @Bordew5 showed in this post, especially the dark skin, so, for a long time, I've imagined that Uranesians are quite dark-skinned.
Now, back to your sims, I really like the thick eyebrows and the eye shapes (some look a bit Asian don't they?). These traits should definitely be a characteristic of Uranesians
I also love their flaws and unconventional looks, as you say. Not all of them can be supermodels, that's realistic and I like it But I would also soften some of the distorsions a little bit, like @RylandHomes said.
And finally, I like the dark blue hair too.
Speaking of colours, I prefer to limit the variety in order to give them similar features. I would go with only one skin colour, but for eyes and hair, do you think it would be better to also choose only one, or maybe two or three? (Hair can be dyed too)

I've created two sims in order to play with colours and shapes and picture more or less what I imagine an Uranesian looks like. I've included some of your features, such as the Asian-looking eye shapes, the thick eyebrows and the light grey hair. I've given them dark grey skin, yellow eyes, natural skin marks and makeup, and a flat nose. (Never mind the clothes).

I really like the dark grey skin, it's quite unique The rest of colours and shapes I chose were more arbitrary, what do you (FuruFuruu and everyone else) think about it? What would you change? Do you have more ideas?

Well that's all I wanted to comment. I definitely would like to use your sims for Uranesia, if you're okay with it. I would change a few things, as I've said, but I believe they have a lot of potential and that you shouldn't change them much

Again, thank you so much for your enthusiasm and collaboration with this, it's so rewarding and it means a lot to me

PS: Aditi is my favourite too :P

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#258 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
Thanks everyone for commenting and sharing your ideas

First of all, regarding CC, I don't want to go too crazy with it because I'm already using a considerable amount for building. But we definitely need to use some for the sims. We clearly need hairs, clothing and accesories. I'm not sure about skins and sliders, do you think we could do without them?

I'd definitely say go head a use CC, because you're already using it in building. As a hairstylist in the real world, sims looking good in a world is important to me. Sliders are also, in my opinion a go ahead, as you can really add a level of unique individuality for each individual sim.

I really like the clothes too! As I said before, I love the idea of different colours for each family, ... It would surely improve with some CC, but this style works very good for now

About the physical appearence, I have some ideas about things that could be different, but I also like many of the facial features you've given to them. These are my thoughts and ideas about different aspects:

The main thing I would probably change is their overall looks as an ethnic group. ... I was imagining them more racially homogeneous. How should this race be? I only have some basic ideas that I would love to discuss with you all, so we can create the Uranesian race together
I really liked the sims that @Bordew5 showed in this post, especially the dark skin, so, for a long time, I've imagined that Uranesians are quite dark-skinned.
Now, back to your sims, I really like the thick eyebrows and the eye shapes (some look a bit Asian don't they?). These traits should definitely be a characteristic of Uranesians
I also love their flaws and unconventional looks, as you say. .. But I would also soften some of the distorsions a little bit, like @RylandHomes said.
And finally, I like the dark blue hair too.
Speaking of colours, I prefer to limit the variety in order to give them similar features. I would go with only one skin colour, but for eyes and hair, do you think it would be better to also choose only one, or maybe two or three? (Hair can be dyed too)

The ancient Roman's used to dye their hair based on their social status. If I remember correctly from cosmetology training, Red hair was for Royalty, the middle class was able to blonden their hair, and the lower class was to darken their hair as to mark their low social status. A similar trend could be seen in Uranesia, using a color scheme that would compliment the sims skin tones and eye colors.
I've created two sims in order to play with colours and shapes and picture more or less what I imagine an Uranesian looks like. I've included some of your features, such as the Asian-looking eye shapes, the thick eyebrows and the light grey hair. I've given them dark grey skin, yellow eyes, natural skin marks and makeup, and a flat nose. (Never mind the clothes).

I really like the dark grey skin, it's quite unique The rest of colours and shapes I chose were more arbitrary, what do you (FuruFuruu and everyone else) think about it? What would you change? Do you have more ideas?

I wouldn't go too dark on that slider with their skin, we want to make sure we can still see facial expressions clearly in game, but I do like the idea of the race having a darker skintone. Makes me think of the Quinari people in Dragon Age a bit.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#259 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:26 PM
Oh. Wow!

@FuruFuruu : I really like your sims. They are very unique! My favourite is Drishti!
I totally get your need for CC. Being a little CC addict myself - I wouldn't mind a bit of extra CC for the Uranesia Sims.
I played a little with CAS today and tried to add a few possible Outfits (no ITF) for your sims - I also changed the pattern in most of them to fit into a non-modern world:
(Please don't mind my sim-models and ignore the shoes - I was to lazy to change them )

Female:

Male:

@Nilxis: Giving them a darker skintone is a great idea! Maybe you could try to give them a slight blue cast?
And I agree with RylandHomes and FuruFuruu about the custom hair. Most of EA hair is horrible.
Theorist
#260 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:38 PM
Regarding the CC on the sims, it would be nice if we can pick and choose what we want. Iv'e never downloaded a hood which comes with hairstyles / clothing etc.
It should be optional IMO.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#261 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 8:46 PM
Hello I'm writing my response right now. It's lengthy, so give me a second!
Test Subject
#262 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:39 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 21st Mar 2017 at 11:35 AM.
OK! 500 hours later.
I am so sorry it took me so long to write this!!

@Nilxis You wrote me a frigging tank of a message! I love it ! Thank you so much for such a detailed response! I wanted to respond immediately when I saw it, but I had to organize my thoughts, and write it all out, and catch up on a truckload of homework lol.

Eff yeah, we still get an inaccessible island!!

I still can't believe that you like my sims, and want to collaborate with me?! Me?! Wow... I'm just in total shock. Thank you! Sure, I put work into my sims, but I honestly didn't expect this much encouragement.

And hell yeah I want to collaborate with you! You'd like to use my sims for Uranesia if I'm ok with that?! F*** yeah! Please *throws all the sims at Nilxis* have every single one!!

*coughs* Now that I have gotten that out of my system, Let's talk!

About my sims
Ahh you're going to use them!!!!!

The stories: You're going to use them too?! I am just beyond humbled! I spent some time thinking about them. Like I said to SimmyRN, I really wanted them to feel real. I am so glad that you noticed that the circumstances in their lives affect who they are and how they react in the world. I wanted something special for Uranesians. You're going to make this an adventure world with missions, and I wanted you to be able to build upon that with people who felt real. That missions could feel different with each person because they themselves were different.

The names: I'm glad you said they are similar to yours because they are a mix of Hindu and Greek like yours! I seriously can't wait till you give us more details on the language.

The clothing style: I have to yet again sing praise of cyberzombieprincess. I hope she can continue to help me, as she has already so generously offered, because I honestly don't trust myself to come up with something as good by myself. So stoked that you like the color heraldry thing I got going!! Wow I can't even, it's just too much!!

The genetics: As an ethnic group they do need some improvement, I agree. It's funny that you mentioned that you wanted your sims to look more homogeneous, because after I created my sims I thought my sims didn’t look similar enough to each other. I felt this way especially after reading your updated story. These people have been on a island isolated for hundreds of years duh they should look more homogeneous! But at that point I had already made them and was like, "meh," maybe someone will cut me some slack . At the time I was looking for the right skin (one I could use for everyone). Once I found the right one, again after I had made the original seventeen, I continued making more sims, the rest of them ranging in color from Aditi to Ekaksh. Even though my original sims look vastly different ethnically from each other, I tried to do three things the same; thick eyebrows (you noticed), epicanthic eyes (again you noticed!), and strong noses. I wanted a mix of Indigenous American, East Asian (Cambodian), and African (South Sudanese) features. I think I got closest to this look with Vaayu, Drishti, and Aditi. I do prefer the stronger noses. Do you prefer a more flatter nose? The facial distortions I have already committed to fixing (except for Garuda. Sorry I tried but he just looks even weirder to me without them). Hair color, I have to play around with in CAS to see what works for grey. I definitely think we should have more than one though. I'm partial to three.

Now let's get to the meat of this message
I just want to say that I am no expert on sim making, but this is what I think.
Concerning the cc, skin in my opinion is a must. Especially for epicanthic eyes. If you don't use the right skin you'll have to add makeup for the eyes. About the sliders, I do use a lot of them lol. Additionally, I increase the ranges by four in NRAAS (which I actually think is pretty modest lol). I'll see what I can do by making a tester sim with no sliders and no NRAAS, but quite honestly I agree with RylandHomes. I don't think I can make those interesting shapes with those changes. If I am allowed sliders, they are not really a mandatory download. Sliders are only necessary if someone wants to edit the sims' genetics in CAS. However, I could provide them as an optional download for anybody who wants to be able to do that? I don't feel as strongly about having a lot of hair's as RylandHomes and Chihara000, though you guys I totally agree that EA hair is heinous *shudders*. The reason I'm not all the way on board is, because we have a set limit of cc. If the EA hairs are offensive, which they undoubtedly are, people can just change them in-game, and edit the sims into the hairs they want. Plus, there are so many hair recolors out there. If we pick a hair, someone probably has the exact same hair, but a different recolor. Most people don't want multiple hair recolors in their game. It's inconvenient for the downloader. But if you really want some hairs, I'd recommend only having several.

In order of importance for cc bundled with the world I'd go skin, clothing, accessories, makeup (depends, I'll go more in depth down below), hair, and sliders. If you want your sims to have their own look, cc is a necessary evil. I could work only with EA clothing, but it will drastically change the style (for the worse in my opinion). One has to be chosen because it would be too difficult to do both. If we do use cc, I agree with tizerist that each item should be listed separately in a separate download in case some simmers already have a copy. This would prevent duplicates. However making doubles of each sim (EA version and a cc version) is just too much. I would like to talk more about cc, but I think first we should talk about the amount you're willing to have. I completely agree with you about too much cc, so you should think about if your willing to, and how much you're willing to allot for sims. Then we can go from there and talk more about the specifics.

I love the features on your sims! I adore the eyes, the color, and the wide beautiful lips, and the royal blue eye makeup. And those supernatural face veins are bomb. I'm totally loving the Final Fantasy X Guado vibe I get from them. Your sims are seriously beautiful. Altogether they look like a humanoid alien race Nilxis. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that!!! I create majority alien sims, so I was actually feeling out of my element making "normal looking" sims. I thought you wanted straight up humans lol! I'm totally down for changing the skin to an alien tone. I like grey! I also agree with you about the darker skin! It makes sense for them to be dark they live on a tropical island. It's just we have to find the right skin. Trust me, I've been looking! I actually have a few good ones (I would have used them too, but I wanted to limit cc). I have been using two skins, a skin called milk (It has grey tones and some fantasy tones in there. I'll find out the specifics) and kurasoberina's Epicanthic HD Expanded Non-Default skin, because it is one of the few epicanthic-friendly skins that go very dark. It's actually a very beautiful skin, but it's more of a canvas on the face, like the skin you used. What skin did you use btw (Ephemera? If that's EA, kudos to you EA)? It's really nice! This typically isn't a problem. But I'm limited with cc so it's difficult to bump up the features with makeup.

And this is where I extrapolate upon the makeup thing I mentioned earlier. The darker the sim the more I tend play with makeup for canvas-type skins. And I see you did the exact sim thing! And you say you're not good at making sims! Bull ! The reason I play with more makeup is because typically there are little to no detailed color gradients (ie harsher nose shading, or pores, or eye bags, detailed lips, etc) in a canvas type the skin, this makes them look a bit washed out, almost plasticine-like. Every complexion has some kind of color(s) showing underneath through their skin, as well as natural highlights and low-lights on the face. Here are some examples of some of my dark skinned sims skin with and without makeup. I listed pictures ranging from a more detailed skin to a canvass-type skin.

Another thing is, I have yet to find a skin that is a true monochromatic grey that looks right from one end of the slider to the other. Either the extreme left (light) end has red/pink/yellow undertones instead of a true grey or the right (dark) end looks like a solid matte black with no color variants at all. Are you willing to accept that? Again for a canvas skin, I may need maybe two or three maximum cc makeup options for that scenario (eye bag or lip because I could use EA's blush). Is that ok with you? If not, no problem, I'll work with what we have! So far all makeup I have used has been EA. Scones' Scatter 14 skin is a nice dark skin, but it's purple. Ephemera's Eskin Natural+ tan (I think that's the one you have) is also a unique black gradient skin but at the far right it's matte black, in the middle it's more yellow-toned and when you go to the far left it's a natural yellow based skin, no grey undertone at all, so you would be restricted in the slider region that works for your vision. Is that ok? If not, would you be open to something that wasn't a true grey, or has a gray undertone, or possibly the color of Bordew5's sims? My personal preference would be the color of Bordew5's sims, a true grey like your sim, or a combination of the two, a brown grey.

Ok, I am going to crawl to bed now because it's 5 in the morning here.

Again, I am sorry it took me so long to respond Nilxis, but when I write a response like this I approach it like an essay .

@Chihara000 Thank you! I'm still shocked to received such nice compliments from you guys! I would really like to see what you did but I can't see the pictures you uploaded? I wonder if it's my computer. Could you re-post them because I would really really like to see them! So glad you like Drishti! She reminds me of the Rito race in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, especially as a young adult. I agree with you about an undertone a blue or purple would be nice on the skin Nilxis has chosen, or even a green too believe it or not.
Test Subject
#263 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
I hope she can continue to help me, as she has already so generously offered, because I honestly don't trust myself to come up with something as good by myself.

Ofcourse I am going to help you! And also, you can trust yourself, you are an amazing creator! I was thinking if I touch up the sketches a bit, alongside with perhaps one or two more, more details you said? And maybe childrens clothing? I'll do that and then if @Nilxis don't mind, I can post them here in the thread so everyone can take part of them in one single post instead of one at a time on his tumblr I mean Just give me a little bit of time and I promise I'll send the sketches your way as soon as they are finished :D
Test Subject
#264 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:15 PM
@FuruFuruu - I agree about the CC. If you merge it there will always be problems with duplicates. Single files are better, so in the end everyone can decide themselves which file they want to put in/already have. Also - you're right - one could change the hair to custom hair later by hand with mastercontroller.
The sliders and Nraas may be a problem, because I think some simmers don't want this in their game. But I guess it will be very difficult to create this unique look without them. In the end it's Nilxis decision.

Another question for you: I know it's still a long way off, but are you planning on pre-playing your sims? (in a different world) And maybe using NRaas Porter/Traveler to move them to Uranesia later and provide a save-file? (I think with the Porter they not only keep their skills and job, but also their relationships.) I really like the stories you made up for them and it would be great if they already had the skills and relationships with each other.

The screenshots don't show? strange. Well I attach them again and hope it works this time

Female:

Male:

These are just a few suggestions/inspirations. As you can see I changed the pattern in most of them. If you use different fabrics/pattern you can actually quite change the look of an outfit .
You don't necessarily need costum pattern for this.. I'm not that much of a fan of EA's plastic outfits - especially not for a world like Uranesia.

Maybe you may want to consider opening an extra thread for your sims in the creator forum? Otherwise this might get a little to chaotic in the future if all the updates about Uranesia AND the sims will be posted here.

@cyberzombieprincess: I would also like to see more of your sketches! I just looked at them again on tumblr. You have great ideas. - Children would be great!
Test Subject
#265 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:26 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:28 AM.
@cyberzombieprincess
AWW! I am so blessed to have you on my side ! You know, I really do need the help . I know it's going to take you some time, but I am looking forward to see what you've created!

@Chihara000
I can see the outfits now!!! You opened my eyes to so many more different options, this is so so helpful! Some of these I would have truly never even considered using. I love the female options Supernatural #1 (was actually going to use that for Drishti, but found out it wasn't elder enabled ), Showtime #'s [1,3], Late Night, World Adventure #'s [1,2,3]. For the males I like World Adventure #'s [1,2,3]. Thank you so much Chihara00 for taking time to create this! I still think we need some CC though , however I know this list will help to cut down the limit!
Quote: Originally posted by Chihara000
If you use different fabrics/pattern you can actually quite change the look of an outfit. You don't necessarily need costum pattern for this.. I'm not that much of a fan of EA's plastic outfits - especially not for a world like Uranesia.

Lol @ EA's plastic outfits! I totally agree with you about patterns. EA textures aren't the best, but the last thing you want is someone getting a materializing materials error from some errant pattern. Even though they are so nice, I've steered away from CC patterns like the plague. I'll leave that up to the masters to navigate through that minefield.

About the hair, trust me Chihara, I get you guys. I'm not by any means dismissing your point because it is a truly valid one. If Nilxis is open to a larger amount of CC I would be all for having a decent amount CC options for hair, EA hair is just awful. I was making a test sim and this is the first time I was actually looking for EA hairs and not scrolling past them as quickly as possible. Do you know how surreal that felt for me? I hope Nilxis can give us an amount of the CC he's currently using and the total amount he's willing to have. That way I think we could make a more educated guess about the CC we could use, hair included.

You're correct about sliders and NRAAS. I know some people are not going to like it, and truth be told that makes me feel bad. The only thing that makes me feel better about it, is that these things are not a mandatory download. The sims will look the same way in everyone's game regardless of whether they have sliders, NRAAS, or not. As you know, the only time this could be an issue is if they want change the genetics (they want to change a sims' facial features). I want these sims to look like nativeafua's sims,and though I may not be that skilled (I wish she could just make them for me lol), I know there is no way I can't even attempt to get close to that level without sliders. I am trying, though I don't think it's going to work. Anyway you are right. In the end it is up to Nilxis.

Regarding your question about NRAAS Porter/Traveler, I am so glad you brought that up! I already have traveler installed. Yes, that's exactly what I planned on doing because I wanted to create ghosts (mainly graveyard occupants) and I already know ghosts and world files don't mix. And yes, I did also want to preserve relationships as well as skills because I have each of the sims' skill sets and levels charted out. I have not populated an entire world before so I am going to have brush up on it. Especially the whole ghost thing. Maybe you can help me Chihara? I would be very very grateful, if you're willing and able . Oh, and thanks for liking the stories.

I apologize if I am clogging the forum with my shite . I actually did think what if people come to this thread looking for Uranesia updates and then they have to wade through all this junk I'm posting. Could I create a sub thread of this thread. Is that even a thing? I honestly don't know anything about forum... stuff? Lol. I never have participated in one before.

Anyway thank you cyberzombieprincess and Chihara000 for your helpful messages!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#266 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:40 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM.
Thanks for your comments and opinions

Ok, let's talk about CC so we can get more serious with this. I'm not at home at the moment so I don't know exactly how many items I'm already using, but I'd say around 40-50. That's quite a lot already, so for creating sims I would say around 10, 15 maximum. I hope it's not too restrictive, but just as I've observed with building, I guess there are many EA items that, if used creatively, can have a lot of potential. (@Chihara000's outfits for example (thanks for posting them!) I didn't know some of them existed and I think many of them would look good )

When the world is ready I will upload/link the items separately, but I will also upload a merged CC file. That way everyone can choose and there won't be any problems with duplicates/unwanted items

Now, which CC items are going to make up the list? I agree with @FuruFuruu about not using custom patterns, there's a lot of variety within the game that we can use. About sliders, though I love the unique look they give to sims, I'm more inclined to saying no to them. I could accept one or two, but from what you say, I imagine you would need a lot more. Besides, do the sims' faces become very distorted when a slider is not installed? I'm worried about that too. Honestly, I would give priority to the other stuff, which is: clothing, accessories, skin, makeup, and hair (no particular order). I give the green light to all these
About skin, alright, maybe we do need a custom one The thing is, I've pretty much made up my mind about the grey skin. I like it because it suits Uranesia's semi-fantasy theme: I feel a brownish skin would be too human, while a green/blue/purple skin would be too alien. If that's ok, I would like to use this colour (true grey if possible, if it has a bit of an undertone, maybe). I'm very happy you like my sims! And I'm also so glad you are up for giving the sims a more "alien" look For my sims I used no CC at all, the skin is EA's. I'm willing to use a custom skin if there is one that has this colour and looks nice, if such skin doesn't exist, then I would use EA's one.

I know very very little about the world of Sims 3 CC skins, makeup, hairs, clothes, etc. So I ask for your help to find the items we can use, you are welcome to link any ideas and suggestions! I would choose items that we can use in many of the sims in order to reduce the number of CC and create a cohesive style for the inhabitants. I'll help you with making the list, but I trust on your good taste and your knowledge on sim creation and fashion to ultimately decide which items are the best for our little selection.

@cyberzombieprincess, if you're willing to make more sketches that would be absolutely great!

So, basically, 10-15 CC items (clothing, accessories, skin, makeup, and hair) that:

- can be used in many of the sims in order to create a cohesive style
- look suitable for the world
- capture the style of Cyberzombieprincess' sketches

About colours and other traits, we can decide later but we should stick to little variety. For example:

- Eye colours: yellow-lime green shades? or blue-purple? or orange-yellow?

- Hair colours:
Quote: Originally posted by RylandHomes
The ancient Roman's used to dye their hair based on their social status. If I remember correctly from cosmetology training, Red hair was for Royalty, the middle class was able to blonden their hair, and the lower class was to darken their hair as to mark their low social status. A similar trend could be seen in Uranesia, using a color scheme that would compliment the sims skin tones and eye colors.

I love this idea! We'll decide the colours later. For now I like white/light grey and dark blue

- Skin colour: dark grey, but I want to comment what Ryland Homes' said:
Quote: Originally posted by RylandHomes
I wouldn't go too dark on that slider with their skin, we want to make sure we can still see facial expressions clearly in game, but I do like the idea of the race having a darker skintone

I agree it shouldn't be too dark, but I don't think it's too dark right now. We'll have to see how it looks under the Uranesian sun, but I think their facial expressions will be clearly visible, if they weren't it can be lightneted a little bit

-Nose shape
Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
I do prefer the stronger noses. Do you prefer a more flatter nose?

I like both to be honest We can play with these two features, and create nose shapes in between.
Maybe the nose shapes could be associated with different things, and we create stories with that.

Speaking of your stories, FuruFuruu, yes I want to use them Maybe not exactly as you've written them now, because we still don't have the final population, but definitely many of the elements you included in them.

And, about this:
Another question for you: I know it's still a long way off, but are you planning on pre-playing your sims? (in a different world) And maybe using NRaas Porter/Traveler to move them to Uranesia later and provide a save-file? (I think with the Porter they not only keep their skills and job, but also their relationships.) I really like the stories you made up for them and it would be great if they already had the skills and relationships with each other.

Yes! The world will be already populated, using NRass porter, and I will introduce skills, jobs and relationships using Master Controller, as I did in my world Saaqartoq (the old version). I will also add custom NPCs and wild animals, as I did in Ziwa Bonde. No save-files will be needed

Finally, yeah, maybe we should open a separate thread to discuss it all there. I can create it later, or maybe you, FuruFuruu, I don't mind

That's all, there's so much to talk about so I apologise in advance if I missed something, in that case, let me know!

Test Subject
#267 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:58 PM
Hello everyone – big post coming. I’m sorry.
I’m glad that my outfit-suggestions were somewhat helpful.
And I think around 10-15 pieces of CC (sliders excluded) are reasonable for CAS.
I have a bit of free time at the moment and the weather is bad, so I turned my sims3 game on again and spent a few hours in CAS. I found quite a few useful outfits (this time I also looked in tops and bottoms as well as the different age groups and categories and I took a look in the shoes section).
I also created my version of an Uranesian Sim and I thought it wouldn’t hurt to share it. I tried to create it without custom sliders and even though I didn’t use it for these Sims - a cheekbone-slider might be useful (I really liked FuFuuru’s dominant cheekbones! – and without sliders they’re nothing special) – I chose a flat but dominant nose for my sims (similar to Nilxis – and also inspired by the movie Avatar). I made the ears a bit pointy, the eyes almond-shaped like FuruFuruu but a little bigger and the eyebrows thick (again like FuruFuruu – but not quite as thick– EA’s sliders let me down) The skin is purple-greyish - I liked it like that, but it seems Nilxis wants it grey – which is fine too.

The Sims: Her name is Vanuka Thraki – a young adult from a noble family, protected by her parents and guards. Sadly her character is not very princess-like. She is hot-headed and has a boyish personality.
His name is Ashto Vatuk – born from a family of warriors – his dream is to find and kill the big beast that hounds the jungle. The two of them are engaged since childhood but are not too fond of the idea of actual getting married. They definitely work better as friends.

This post is picture heavy. I’m sorry, but I went pretty wild in CAS. All of the outfits and pattern used are EA!! (BG and all expansions besides ITF) So no custom content. – This was a bit of a challenge, but I was rather surprised to find this many useful clothes! – I tried to keep the style more similar to Cyberzombieprincess sketches this time.

The 100% CC-free Outfits

Some of the outfits/ pieces I showed in the YA/A category are aviable for more than this agegroup (mostly Teen - YA/A - Elder).

About the sliders: I think the downloaded Sims still appear the same way – even without the custom sliders installed – but if you change anything it gets messed up.
The other thing is that – even so your downloaded sim may have this unique appearance because of the sliders used in the creation process – your own sims won’t look similar without the sliders.
My suggestion is we concentrate on the cheekbones (and maby jaw-) sliders.

@Nilxis: You’re planning to create “custom” NPCs (and even wild animals)? For real? Oh my god I love you! This is something I usually spent hours with when playing a new world (using Nraas Mastercontroller to change style and outfits to actually FIT into the world)
My comment was directed at FuruFuruu, because of his/her (?) sims. I thought you had your hands full with the creation of this wonderful world! – But maybe we could work together.
@FuruFuruu: of course I help! Let’s rock this. 
@ Nilxis: I’m kind of on-and-off the sims – but your worlds always get me hooked up again. I really love Barcelona (it's so realistic) and I’m absolute in love with this world here. Even so it’s not yet finished and it will probably take a good amount of time. I’m hooked. There is no helping it. Take your time and create it! (Just please don’t abandoned it ) – This is the reason I still play Sims 3.

I really think we should create an own thread for the Sims etc., because this is getting out of hand :P
I have never created a thread at MTS before (to be honest my first post here was in this Uranesian-Thread), but I’m pretty sure you can’t create a subthread. You have to create an own thread in the “Creator Feedback Forum” under the “Sims” topic. Just name it something like “Uranesian Sims” and the connection will be obvious.
Maybe a moderator can move our posts about the Sims later on?
Test Subject
#268 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:09 PM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 30th Mar 2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Updated Markings for Uranesian and Inspirational Pictures
I apologize for that late response.

@Nilxis
CC:
I know very very little about the world of Sims 3 CC skins, makeup, hairs, clothes, etc. So I ask for your help to find the items we can use, you are welcome to link any ideas and suggestions! I would choose items that we can use in many of the sims in order to reduce the number of CC and create a cohesive style for the inhabitants. I'll help you with making the list, but I trust on your good taste and your knowledge on sim creation and fashion to ultimately decide which items are the best for our little selection.

I'm on that. I have actually created the list. I would like to link other items as well, but I don't wanna further clog up the Uranesia thread with this .
I am so incredibly lucky that you have allowed me to be a part of this. I'm humbled beyond words.

I don't know exactly how many items I'm already using, but I'd say around 40-50. That's quite a lot already, so for creating sims I would say around 10, 15 maximum. I hope it's not too restrictive, but just as I've observed with building, I guess there are many EA items that, if used creatively, can have a lot of potential. (@Chihara000's outfits for example (thanks for posting them!) I didn't know some of them existed and I think many of them would look good)

Chihara's options are definitely helpful! I am currently working with them in game! I am hesitant to ask this, but I was hoping you would allow 20 items, if that's not too much of a stretch, but if not, I'll deal. I know you have the option to turn it down, but to be honest with you, I feel in order to do the best work I can, 20 items will allow me more versatility. The pirates need to have a different look from the people in the city in the mountains, and the farmers/ranchers. Also I would like to use some EA stuff (store, ITF), and the only way to make it a plausible CC download for those who already have these items in their game is to make them for all ages and maternity enabled (something else EA seldom does). Actually, I would like to do that for all the downloadable items I am using. I have no idea how to mod lol, but I'll learn.

SLIDERS:
About sliders, though I love the unique look they give to sims, I'm more inclined to saying no to them. I could accept one or two, but from what you say, I imagine you would need a lot more. Besides, do the sims' faces become very distorted when a slider is not installed? I'm worried about that too.

So I made that sim sans slider and he looks like... pretty bad lol. I did try, though. This is part of the reason it took me so long to respond. I guess it would be ok if you're just making a handful of sims, but to make 50 different faces? This is what I am striving for. But first let me give you a slider rundown. Say I have a sim that I used sliders on, Garuda for example, and I give that sim to you, but you have no sliders. Garuda will not change. He will literally look the same in your game as he does in mine. His face will not distort. But say you don't like his cheekbones and you want to change them. You can still change him via EA sliders, but if I used a slider you don't have you won't be able to edit that thing. So like I said, the only people it effects are people who want to alter the genetics of the sims. Which again, supports my previous assertion that sliders are an optional download. Not having them in your game will not affect the quality of the slider-altered sims in any way.
About the sliders: I think the downloaded Sims still appear the same way – even without the custom sliders installed – but if you change anything it gets messed up.

The only case in which that is true is if you use NRAAS slider multiplier (which I am using), and this is easily fixed by simply pressing undo. I have downloaded countless sims with sliders and have had no problems. The few I've tried to edit and run into slider ranges outside of EA slider range while editing I simply press undo in CAS when I see that they have used the slider out of the range in my game and the sim goes back to normal. Again, this is if someone wants to change the sims' facial features and if they do I will provide every slider I have used as an optional download as well as the NRAAS slider range.
The other thing is that – even so your downloaded sim may have this unique appearance because of the sliders used in the creation process – your own sims won’t look similar without the sliders.

I don't see how this relates to sliders? Every creators' sims are going to look different, because they are a different creator regardless of whether they have sliders or not. Just like your sims and Nilxis' look different, both are beautiful btw. Just as kurasoberina's sims look very different from Nativeafua, or the77sim3 sims. I am literally drawing direct inspiration from cyberzombieprincess and Nativeafua and even when trying to emulate them, my own style doesn't look like there's (unfortunately lol). Everyone's art is different. And the counterargument of that is, I don't want the sims to look like everyone else's sims, or EA townies (which is unfortunately after all my hard work is what I ended up making ). If in order to let somebody be able to emulate what I'm doing I have to stifle my own style what's the point of my art? Please forgive me if I am coming on strong here Chihara, and I'm not mad or anything, but I feel extremely passionate about this.
My suggestion is we concentrate on the cheekbones (and maby jaw-) sliders.

Chihara you said to focus on cheekbone and jaw sliders, and that may work for you (as you have created beautiful sims), but that is simply impossible for me. What about the rest? Besides the huge gap in cheekbone options that you noticed, how am I to create Epicanthic folds (What is most often seen as an Asian characteristic), or varying eye, or face shapes? Using EA sliders you can't make oblong shaped faces, or round faces without fat deposits, you can't create very deep set eyes, you can't make prominent eyebrows, or thicken the eyebrows (as you yourself said you ran into this problem), or alter the distance between brows. I can't even make the eyes small, as EA standard eye size is cartoonishly large. This is extremely limiting.

Additionally, if I can't use sliders, that means I have to remake every sim I have created (a total of 20) from the ground up. Every sim I have created will look vastly different than how they look now. Nilxis, I want to give you sims that are a reflection of the high quality of this world and I am simply unable to do that without sliders. I can't do good work if I don't have the necessary tools. Just like you have used 40 CC items to build this masterpiece of a world. If you consider anything, I beg that you consider sliders. I understand you are the creator and this is ultimately your world and your decision. I don't want to impede or infringe upon that. But as a creator myself, I'm telling you I can't create sims to the standard that this world deserves without sliders. Please, if you give me any freedoms at all, anything, please give me this.

URANESIAN'S LOOK:
About skin, alright, maybe we do need a custom one The thing is, I've pretty much made up my mind about the grey skin. I like it because it suits Uranesia's semi-fantasy theme: I feel a brownish skin would be too human, while a green/blue/purple skin would be too alien. If that's ok, I would like to use this colour (true grey if possible, if it has a bit of an undertone, maybe).

I love the grey skin too Nilxis, just want to find the right one. I'm going to try my hand at making skins too. We'll see how that goes . If not, EA it is! I made a sim using Ephemera's Eskin Natural+ tan because I couldn't find EA's in my game . I have too many skins lol. I also played around with makeup and tattoos (all EA no CC) to achieve the "natural skin marks" that you mentioned (I went a little wild with these as I was messing around). Also went with a blueish undertone as Chihara suggested. Please don't mind the facial features as she's not done by a long shot, but so far this is what I have:

About colours and other traits, we can decide later but we should stick to little variety. For example:

- Eye colours: yellow-lime green shades? or blue-purple? or orange-yellow?
- Hair colours:
- Skin colour: dark grey, but I want to comment what Ryland Homes' said... I agree it shouldn't be too dark, but I don't think it's too dark right now. We'll have to see how it looks under the Uranesian sun, but I think their facial expressions will be clearly visible, if they weren't it can be lightneted a little bit.
-Nose shape

Eyes colors: I think yellow-lime green and blue work extremely well, maybe a yellow with an orange tint. I have been playing with a lot of these colors in CAS.
Hair colors: I like blue, white (and varying shades of grey), and maybe green. Red reminds me too much of Mystique .
Skin color: By all means test it out but, as I mentioned before, I don't think dark skin is an issue as long as we have adequate makeup options to compensate for the washed-out look of some skins.
Nose shape: Up in the air, as this is pretty dependent upon sliders.

SUBTHREAD:
Finally, yeah, maybe we should open a separate thread to discuss it all there. I can create it later, or maybe you, FuruFuruu, I don't mind

I really think we should create an own thread for the Sims etc., because this is getting out of hand
I have never created a thread at MTS before (to be honest my first post here was in this Uranesian-Thread), but I’m pretty sure you can’t create a subthread. You have to create an own thread in the “Creator Feedback Forum” under the “Sims” topic. Just name
it something like “Uranesian Sims” and the connection will be obvious.
Maybe a moderator can move our posts about the Sims later on?

I'm with Chihara here, I have no clue how to do this lmao . Sorry Nilxis. And yup, I kinda figured a "subthread" didn't exist .

@Chihara000
You don't have to ever apologize to me about pictures lol maybe Nilxis, but not me. I was so excited to see so many!

First, I have to say that your sims are absolutely beautiful. The play on the color of the sims hair and skin is stunning. That purple skin tho!!!! I love it (I like grey too Nilxis lol)! The freckly makeup on Vanuka Thraki, what eye makeup is that? It so nice! I need to get my hands on that. Kudos to you, very beautiful work! Also love the personalities!

And style options, wow. I am in total shock that you were able to do all that. Again wow. I am extremely grateful that you have taken so much time and to show us all of these. You did an awesome job! I love your use of color and texture. I literally love every single pattern you have used, except for that circle one. I find it especially helpful that you listed items for ages beyond adult and young adult. Good looking out! Especially for the elders, teens, and children as clothing options are extremely limited. For the teen and elder males some of the items are a little too modern, because for whatever reason EA doesn't make many items out of adult and young adult category. This is part of the reason why I am asking Nilxis to let me use 20 items. As you can see, there is only one viable option for elder and teen male bottoms (*sighs* thanks EA). The only thing I find an issue with is the circle pattern lol, and the clothing with zippers and buttons as I think they are both a little too modern, but again that's literally the only thing I can find an issue with. I am so happy that you actually want to help me, because I know I'm asking a lot. You, cyberzombieprincess, and me, one team united!
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:38 PM
Oh my ! This seems like such an intricate, and time-consuming and lovely project ! And not only is this a marvelous piece of work, it has brought so many creators together ! It is so lovely to see just how many people have come forward to contribute to this ! Keep up with the good work, I'll be here to write useless words of support and encouragement !
Test Subject
#270 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihara000

I don't see how this relates to sliders? Every creators' sims are going to look different, because they are a different creator regardless of whether they have sliders or not. Just like your sims and Nilxis' look different, both are beautiful btw. Just as kurasoberina's sims look very different from Nativeafua, or the77sim3 sims. I am literally drawing direct inspiration from cyberzombieprincess and Nativeafua and even when trying to emulate them, my own style doesn't look like there's (unfortunately lol). Everyone's art is different. And the counterargument of that is, I don't want the sims to look like everyone else's sims, or EA townies (which is unfortunately after all my hard work is what I ended up making ). If in order to let somebody be able to emulate what I'm doing I have to stifle my own style what's the point of my art? Please forgive me if I am coming on strong here Chihara, and I'm not mad or anything, but I feel extremely passionate about this.

Of course everyone creates sims differently, but that wasn’t my point. - Let’s say Nilxis uses your sims for Uranesia – so NPCs and maybe pre-made playable sims will have this “style”. Now if you want to add your own sims to the world you usually want them to “fit in” right? (at least I feel that way). They should look more like your sims and not like EAs puddinfaces. In that case you would need the sliders.
Obviously everyone who wants to could download the sliders you used for your sims. I was just saying that you need them if you want to create “similar” sims. That’s all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu

Chihara you said to focus on cheekbone and jaw sliders, and that may work for you (as you have created beautiful sims), but that is simply impossible for me. What about the rest? Besides the huge gap in cheekbone options that you noticed, how am I to create Epicanthic folds (What is most often seen as an Asian characteristic), or varying eye, or face shapes? Using EA sliders you can't make oblong shaped faces, or round faces without fat deposits, you can't create very deep set eyes, you can't make prominent eyebrows, or thicken the eyebrows (as you yourself said you ran into this problem), or alter the distance between brows. I can't even make the eyes small, as EA standard eye size is cartoonishly large. This is extremely limiting.

I never wanted to restrict you or something :D
This is a discussion, so I just threw in my thoughts. I personally don’t care how many sliders you use – I probably have them in my game already anyway. But I know a lot of simmers are not too fond of sliders or (too much) CC in general, that’s why I suggested that.
And yes- I know you don’t need the sliders or even NRaas Mastercontroller in your game for the sims to look right. But as I said before: If you want to give the simmers the opportunity to create similar sims - they are necessary.
Of course this can be an optional download.
It was just a suggestion, because it seemed Nilxis was a little worried about using too many sliders.

About my Sims
I actually used the “burnt” skintone from Ladyfrontbum. It was more out of desperation, because – even though I have quite a lot of custom skins, I couldn’t find anything with the right colourrange besides this one. When you choose the dark-purplish tone you can’t see the burnt part of the skin that much and it looks quite nice.

Oh and you can download the face marks here (I used the second one for Vanuka):
http://simplykitsch.tumblr.com/post...for-your-sims-c

About the outfits
I’m glad I could help. Took me quite a while to browse through all the EA clothes and pattern
I agree about the children and elder. There is just no variety. EA is completely neglecting them.
I also share your opinion about the button shirts. They look a bit too modern. Regarding the zippers – do you mean the top in outfit 16 (YA/A female)? Because I thought this might pass off as decoration or something. I really like that top. :D

Hmm the circle pattern. I’m not quite sure which one you mean. Something like 22 (YA/A female) or/and 8 (teen)? It’s the same pattern. Maybe it’s personal taste – It’s not my favorite but I think it fits. But if the others don’t like it either we don’t have to use it.
Sadly EAs pattern are limited and a lot of them are just butt ugly or completely useless. I think I used around 12-14 or so. 3-4 fabrics, 2-3 leather, 1 in abstract and the rest in the geometric section. (I’m not 100% sure though). I recolored them to make them look like different patterns.

About the pictures you posted
I like the more saturated markings and would go for the darker skintone. But I think the skincolor would look brown in game. Did you try that out? Even my purplish skintone ended up looking more brown in game (at least under the sun). But I don’t know how it would look like under custom lightning.

About the new thread
If you don't mind I can open one for the sims-project.
Test Subject
#271 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:57 PM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 31st Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM. Reason: Added pictures of sims in different light
@Chihara000
I knew I was coming off as too strong! This is my mistake. I was not trying to attack you. It nagged me to the degree that I even asked a friend if I was coming off as too strong and they told me no, but despite that I had a gut feeling that I was *sigh*. I know you are not trying to restrict me. I knew this wasn't your personal stance on sliders (all the things you brought up were issues that other people may have), but in order for me to defend the use of sliders I had to counterpoint your points. This is why I addressed those points while addressing Nilxis. I didn't want to quote you without addressing you, and that's where I made the mistake because I thought it would be rude to talk about something you said without also addressing you as well. I apologize. I have little to no experience with forum dialogue. Obviously, I botched it up . You have been very helpful and very nice and I don't want you to think I'm over here raging at you like a maniac. There's enough of those in the comment section of Youtube .

The clothing is really helpful. I mean really really helpful. And I can tell you spent hours doing it. I want you to know that I really really appreciate this. And I don't want to scare you away with my previous comment because I am actually immensely grateful to you. There are tons of possibilities that I would have not seen if not for your keen eye. So please, again, forgive me if I came off like a maniac.

The zipper, yes I was actually talking about YA F #16 (You know I just noticed you took the time to actually number all these things. Wow man. Wow. That is so much work), but I was also talking about pants with them too (fly on pants). Literally the first sim I made I tried to use that shirt because it looks so much like cyberzombiepriness' design, but I just couldn't get past the zipper. I couldn't even recolor the damn thing. It was just... there lol. It really is a nice top too. It's just that God forsaken zipper irks the shite out of me. You know like some of the LN items with "jewelry" attached.

Sadly EAs pattern are limited and a lot of them are just butt ugly or completely useless.

HA! Cheers to that.
Hmm the circle pattern. I’m not quite sure which one you mean.

I've been totally winning with vocabulary lately, can't you tell? It's the pattern on T M #8. I couldn't even bother to describe this beyond circle-ly. Wow. Brain much? I had just done so much explaining I no 'splains left. I ran out of 'splains.

Thank you for the link to Vanuka's eye shadow .

You're probably right about the skin. That's because there are no true grey skins except for that EA one, that for the life of me, I cannot find. Anyway, I'll check this out in game.The skin I'm using is like grey with a brown/yellow undertone which kind of makes it brown-ish? You know what, it's a weird skin because sometimes it has a purple undertone too . It's not really consistent throughout the slider range and it's "supposed to" be consistent. And since you're using a brown based purple-ly (vocabulary much) skin it makes sense that when you mix that with the yellow cast it makes brown. If the skin were blue or green based it wouldn't look so brown. Truthfully on my screen though your skin looks more black than brown and that's only in the midday sun. This is another reason why I should probably try to make a custom skin. Have you by any chance made a skin before? Any tips you can throw my way?

Ok, I checked my sims out in game. You are indeed onto something. The lighter one does look more brown, depending on the light the darker one (please ignore the outfit) looks brown sometimes blue sometimes green.

@pannisim
I literally lol'd upon reading your last words, like literally. It was such a sweet message though, but that last part is hilarious. I just had to give you a funny vote! I feel the same way when I look at what Nilxis is doing. It's like nothing I can say or do is comparable. But trust me, your words are very important. Toats made my day and it wasn't even directed to me!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#272 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 1st Apr 2017 at 12:45 AM.
Sorry everyone for replying late again!

@Chihara000, Thank you so much for taking the time to go through CAS and take pictures of all these outfits! This is so helpful, thank you, seriously! I'm glad to see so many CC-free outfits that would look great in Uranesia

(and thanks for the nice comments on my worlds!)

About your sims, nice job, they look really nice I like the stories too!
I have to say though, I still feel the skin colour is a bit too fantasy for Uranesia, and maybe the bright blue and the light pink hair colours are too... but that's just minor details, they've definitely got the "Uranesian looks".
Chihara, if you want to collaborate creating sims for this project too you're very welcome and I thank you for the help

About sliders, I'm so happy to hear that the modifications stay! Then I have absolutely no problem with sliders, the Sims will definitely look better. We'll make a list of the ones that have been used and we'll let everyone know they are necessary if they want to modify the Sims

About the number of CC, I understand having more items would be useful, but I think 20 would be too much... There will only be pirates and "Uranesians" in the end, I won't create the separate community of farmers, I think it will be enough. Also, I don't want to use ITF or Store items either. Let's try with the 10-15 CC items for now, and we'll see if it goes well. I would love to see your list!

@FuruFuruu, I love what you've done to the sims in your pictures! I really like the tattoos and the makeup, it looks very suitable for Uranesia

My idea is: Uranesians don't have very colourful natural features (only the eyes): their skin is grey, and their natural hair can have a little bit of colour, but nothing too garish. However, their clothes, tattoos, makeup, and accessories are quite colorful in contrast. Do you like this concept? It's what you did with your sims basically, if they were more colorful it would probably be too fantasy for Uranesia, but right now they look great.
From your inspiration pictures (thanks for posting them!), I like the 3rd and the 4th the most. I really like the spots and the shading on picture 4, and I like the blue veins too (I actually don't really like them on Guado's light skin, but they look good on a dark skin )

Back to skin colour, I've tried to recolour Ephemera's Eskin Natural+ tan in order to remove the brown tones. I've just lowered the saturation of all the IMG files by 95% and this is the result on random Sims:

They don't look veeery different, but the CC skin looks better overall. If you like it we can use this one We would have to ask Ephemera for permission though.

About the lightning, you can try my Uranesian Lightning Mod if you want to see how your Sims would look in Uranesia Here's the link: http://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/14670...her-ive-created

About EA patterns, yeah many of them are ugly, but some are nice too, and there's lots of room for creativity. Chihara used them very well on her sims

@pannisims, that's not useless! I really appreciate all your comments and it keeps me motivated, and I guess all the other creators feel the same. Thank you!

EDIT: Here's the new separate thread in the Sims section: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=592539

Test Subject
#273 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Chihara000 : 1st Apr 2017 at 11:35 AM.
@ Nilxis: I know you created a separate thread already (thanks by the way !! ), but I’ll just give a quick answer here. So we can start “fresh” in the new thread.

About the Outfits: No Problem and it actually gave me a new perspective at EA clothes in general.

About my Sims: I’m glad you like them. I went for the alien look to try out something new. In this weird alien genetics way I thought the hair colors would fit – like blond, brown or black for human skin.
But these were just inspirations – I think that a grey skin is interesting too!
I’ll definitely try to create a Sim in grey and with custom sliders this time -
and yes I would like to help somehow - if that's okay.

About your skin: I was planning on tweaking a custom skintone too, but you already did a good job with this. It would be great if we could get Ephemera’s permission to use it that way. – oh and I think the custom one wins against EA.
Do you think it’s possible to share your skintone within the forum (even if we haven’t permission yet) – I’m not to sure about the rules in this case..
Otherwise I’ll try to recolor one on my own.

The lightning mod: I totally forgot that you offered a download for this. - Thank you! I’ll try it out!

@ FuruFuruu: oh my.. I didn’t feel attacked or something - There is no need to apologize. I just thought we had a little misunderstanding – that’s all. No hard feelings, ok?
I still think the zipper can ~somehow~ pass off as decoration. Maybe. Argh I don’t know.
But you’re right about the pants. I guess you mean the ¾ showtime pants with the belt (mostly hidden by the shirts) – and the stupid silver buttons. This bothered me too. But it felt a little one sided to only use the SN and Seasons pants, so I went with these.
- we really should start discussing the CC

About the pattern: - well it IS a circle pattern so your description wasn’t off. - I was just not too sure, because it’s not the only one with circles. Well let’s just ignore that pattern for now – I agree it’s not that good
About the custom skin: I never made one from scratch, but I tweaked and recolored a custom one ages ago. You need S3PE and a photo editing tool (like photoshop or gimp) with a dds-plugin. Just edit the tone ramps.
If you want to “create” new skins you should take a look at the skininator. But I’ve no experience with this one so far.

That’s what I was worried about. Damn lightning. Well I’ll try out Nilxis lightning mod and report the results

@cyberzombieprincess : Could you maybe post your sketches (the ones from tumblr and maybe new ones? ) in the new thread ? This would be really helpful!
Test Subject
#274 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:57 AM
@cyberzombieprincess : Could you maybe post your sketches (the ones from tumblr and maybe new ones? ) in the new thread ? This would be really helpful!

I did a little ago! This is so fun, to see so many people engaged in this project! Now this world can keep going in this thread, and the sims can keep going over there!
Theorist
#275 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 9:34 PM
When I look at this hood, I cry a little inside for the people who switched over to Ts4. They will never even have a quarter of this goodness. Repent and come back to Ts3 for you are wasting valuable time when you could be building stuff in Ts3! Do it now!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Page 11 of 22