Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop keeps crashing no matter what
Hey so today I was trying to open up Body Shop (which has worked before) but it kept on crashing about a third of the way through loading. I have tried just about everything; deleted the cache and cigen files, deleted thumbnails, taken out downloads and saved sims, but still nothing has worked. I'm running Windows 8.1 with an AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00 GHz processor and 6 GB of RAM. Note: Just before it started crashing on the loading screen it actually loaded but with nothing showing but a black background and the menu, but then crashed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st May 2015 at 9:16 PM
Update: I actually got it to open but still got the strange black screen and crash. Here's a screenshot.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd May 2015 at 5:26 PM
Did you try making it large address aware? There is a tutorial here:

http://lifasims.livejournal.com/3738.html
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd May 2015 at 9:30 PM
sometimes restarting the computer works for me when any program has crashed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:32 PM
That didn't work either. Dang...
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:12 PM
restarting the computer? the tutorial that the other poster linked to might work.

or if that does not work either, might attempt the changes with other programs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:36 PM
neither do
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:51 PM
That looks like a graphic problem, please read this: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Recommendations
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2015 at 7:46 PM
the problem is though that it has run on this computer before so i don't think it's a graphics problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2015 at 9:28 PM
okay i think i have fixed it finally thanks guys!
Alchemist
#11 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmadrid98
okay i think i have fixed it finally thanks guys!
what fixed it?